Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Tell me, Jolli, if you were alive around the time the American revolutionaries poured British tea into the harbour, would you make a fuss about them disrupting the peace and causing thousands’ worth of dollars in damage?
Rainbow Dash
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artistic Detective -

Maybe a little bit wolfy
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
@Backgroundpony

Let’s tone it back here please. If we keep making this personal then people will have to start taking time outs. Respect each other and keep it civil and everyone can enjoy the thread much more. If people are saying things that are insulting to others, please report them and not reply to them.

Thanks~
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

There’s a difference between “we’re sick of being victims of institutional racism” and “the only way to save the white race is through the genocide of Jews” but your kind would have nothing if false equivalences was never a fallacy or concept to begin with.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Cops should be carrying rubber bullets instead of real ones. It’ll hurt like a bitch but at least there’s less chance you’d be dead. You just get sent to jail.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Scrabbleman  
Its not a reliable way of stopping someone. Like tazers we have seen used in many of these incidents, it just dings of an enraged/drugged person. We need bodycams on all police and we need to see what they are up against in their everyday work. When people see the video most usually comes to their senses.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Scrabbleman

No, because that just causes them to use their guns more. It’s like what happened when a force removed batons from officers: they just used their metal flashlights instead as batons.

If you have to have armed police, then they should be trained with firearms quarterly instead of yearly.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
While we’re at it… you guys ever heard of the Tueller Drill? It’s long been used by police officers. Essentially, it says that when an assailant wielding a knife is closing in, they will cover 21 feet in the time it takes you to draw and fire your gun. That’s a lot of ground and it also puts intense pressure on the person drawing the gun.

And you might not even have that much time. I recall reading a study at Minnesota State University - Mankato that found the amount of distance covered can be greater than 21 feet.

Which begs the question: why aren’t law enforcement training officers on using edge tools?
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@GasMaskGuy98

I had to convert the distance, as we use the metric system here, but 21 feet is nothing. If the gun isn’t already in your hand, you’re fucked. Doesn’t the IDF teach American police Krav Maga in order to deal with assailants armed with knives?
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Ebalosus  
Doesn’t the IDF teach American police Krav Maga in order to deal with assailants armed with knives?  
Sometimes. But the most popular system as far as I know is the PPCT (Pressure Point Control Tactics) system or variants thereof.

Really, it depends on the department. Most larger departments teach their recruits a particular system of “defensive tactics”. Generally, the department’s “use of force” policy will limit the officer to the use of the techniques that are being taught… Save in the event that the officer’s life is in danger in which case “anything goes”.
Background Pony #2E9F
Okay, I’ll bite: what exactly did I say in a post that I made from 5 days ago that warranted its deletion, and apparently wasn’t “civil”? I’d like to know for future reference so I can avoid walking into that situation again.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide