Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Commune  
Also, you still have no proof that anything this guy claims is legit  
That paradigm can be flipped on its head. Again, provide evidence to support your claims.

one of the two sources you cited just sourced a quote from the guy without saying anything about what he claimed was true and the other doesn’t even fucking work  
One source makes mention of active measures. If you fail to grasp the correlation, that’s on you.

Also, I think you may want to take another look at that post; the other source has been revised.

Even the Wikipedia article literally stated “accusations of Soviet infiltration”. Do you know what accusations mean, there is no proof to his claims  
Your initial claim was that Yuri Bezmenov “is a fucking quack”. You’d be right if it said false accusations.

Whether you think his claims are true may depend on your politics, but the reality of Russian active measures, as has been outlined in the recent indictments by the special counselor Robert Mueller, give Bezmenov’s words new urgency.

And whether or not you think he’s legitimate doesn’t really matter. What matters is whether or not his predictions were true.

I mean taking a look at his wiki article, he claimed that the Soviet Union deliberately shot down a plane containing a US politician to silence him  
You’re talking about Korean Air Lines Flight 007.  
Where does it say he claimed the Soviet Union deliberately shot down a plane?
Background Pony #C806
I don’t know anything about cultural marxism, but after seeing the 1619 project I am convinced that some on the left are working to redefine US history, and are not concerned about accuracy. I don’t think this is an organized conspiracy, but it’s hard to ignore them when some people are trying to claim the real founding of the country was the first slaves coming over
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Commune  
Her legacy have become dogma for many in pop culture.

@DarkObsidian  
Whoa there! Pointing out that cultural marxism is a thing and then dragging in the worst right wing terrorist since WW2 is a gigantic leap over an entire political spectrum! Take back cities yes, from Antifas and riots. Not killing all non white people in them! And can you honestly say that the current versions of all the groups you mention are doing any good at all at the moment rather than tearing our societies to pieces?

@Dustcan  
No. Its the way modern communists use culture to spread their message. Popular culture is turned into platforms. Noticed how you favourite movies and games all of a sudden have a message? Or how the hero suddenly became “complex”?
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@silbasa  
Nintendo is not just a Video Game company.

They sell cards to the Yakuza in their early days. And those cards had to be printed manuelly too. You can still buy these cards.  
They made toys.  
They even had a hotel thing.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
CNN has their current predictions about how the Senate race will go in November. They predict 10 seats will flip, with only 2 being Democratic. This does not bode well for Republicans who need lose only 4 seats to lose control over the Senate.

Every since Biden had a fairly good showing in his townhall a few weeks better Trump has been flipping out, accusing Biden of being on performance enhancing drugs. So much so that he’s demanding that Biden take a drug test before tomorrow’s debate.

Biden’s campaign manager proves once again that everything about the Biden campaign except Biden himself are a homerun with this scathing retort: “Vice President Biden intends to deliver his debate answers in words. If the president thinks his best case is made in urine he can have at it,” said Kate Bedingfield, Biden’s deputy campaign manager. “We’d expect nothing less from Donald Trump, who pissed away the chance to protect the lives of 200K Americans when he didn’t make a plan to stop COVID-19.”

This also leads into a point I’ve been considering for a while; Trump, and by extension his legion of right wing media yesmen, has set the bar so low for Biden that it might backfire tomorrow. Much like how Trump experienced a boost in polling due to exceeding low expectations for his debates 4 years ago, all Biden has to do is go 2 hours without drooling over himself and the headlines will read “Biden exceeds expectations in stunning debate performance”.
Background Pony #865F
What does it mean if I didn’t realize how bad America’s healthcare system was until I started reading r/politics comments?
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@GasMaskGuy98 & @igotnopicks  
uhm … heh … ok :)

In 1889, Fusajiro Yamauchi created 山内任天堂 [Yamauchi Nintendo] and they started out making 花札 [hanafuda] or ‘Flower Cards’.

Basically, until about 1886 these cards were illegal. Before then, commoners caught gambling were flogged, exiled, or executed (even in 1850 people were still being executed for gambling). And even samurai were ‘discouraged’ from gambling as a part of the Three Depravities: nomu, utsu, kau (drinking, gambling, whoring) - but of course most of them ignored those ‘discouragements’, and as the shogunates fell in power, gambling swept across the land resulting in enormous disparity between the law and the actual practice across Japan.

During the Meiji Restoration all of that changed, ending with the Meiji Constitution in 1889 (the same year that Fusajiro Yamauchi created their company).

The ‘clarity’ of the legality of gambling with playing cards remained kind of iffy until the end of the second world war, so from the creation of Nintendo to the end of the Taisho Era, gambling was more and more accepted but still occurred mostly in ‘gambling dens’ ran by the underground. In fact, the ties between playing cards and the ‘Yakuza’ is so deep in the history of both of these things that ‘Yakuza’ was originally a ‘useless man’ who had lost at hanafuda (flower playing cards).

Anyway, to gain admission to these illicit (but not technically illegal) gaming parlors (or to let people know you were looking for one) you would ‘touch your nose’ - an act associated with this demon:

full

So to help sell more cards, Fusajiro Yamauchi came up with the idea of inventing a new card game called “Tengu”, which was a reference both to that demon and the association of touching your nose to find a good game.

They weren’t just ironically giving a nod to illegal gambling - they were advertising it.

Leave luck to heaven” is a good interpretation of “Nintendo”. But that company has never left luck to heaven - they always played to win. From the Kanji the name “Nintendo” having explicit references to dangerous and disruptive demons who you do NOT want to mess with to the company openly advertising ‘not strictly speaking legal’ gambling.

Despite all that, it’s a wonderful company to work with.

You just do not want to be a competitor.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide