Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #C806
@Background Pony #11A9  
You based this conclusion off of his tax return? Bit of a stretch. The only thing you can really conclude from his returns is that he is willing to use the tax code to its fullest extent, but we already knew that. At this point his tax returns are a nothing burger.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
But proggresive politics and communism are not the same. Sure, you get people who beleive in both, but it’s hardly a sure thing. (I also think your fear of communism is a bit overblown, but that’s another issue.)
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #C806

That’s quite the Fox and Friends ‘losing a billion dollars over the course of 10 years is an “interesting use of money”’ spin you have going.

The reality is that Trump has the most debt than anyone else in the country.

By the way, several years where Trump paid no taxes he still got a tax refund to the tune of millions. Because only in Capitalism does not paying taxes means the tax payer have to pay you but only if you’re rich, or in the case of Trump fool people into believing you’re richand he still lost all his money. This false “billionaire” being a leech on the national budget twice over also another nail in the HoW yOu GoNnA pAy FoR iT! coffin, but that’s a story for another day.

Lincoln Project returns with a particularly strong outing, this time with Sully Sullenberger.
Background Pony #C806
@Dustcan  
It’s not a spin, it’s the truth. Trump may be in a ton of financial trouble, but the tax returns simply do not prove this because a tax return, especially for someone whose financials are as complicated as Trumps, are just the claimed income for the government. I’ve seen businesses file tax returns showing they have next to no income while they are actually making a ton. This is a problem with the US tax code for sure, but when you have someone with multiple sources of income, and someone in real estate, to look at their tax return and think it is in any way an accurate representation is a mistake.

If you’re like me you probably just mark off your income, take the standard deduction, and go on with your life. Other people pay accountants big bucks to take advantage of the tax code to avoid paying as much as possible. This isn’t tax evasion either.
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Latecomer  
Its whats called “progressive”. The Joe Rogan case is what happens when they come into contact with something they dont like. Instant calls for censorship. (A lot goes under this umbrella, antifa, blm, various lgbtq, sjws etc.)

@Latecomer  
So you say :)

@Dustcan  
It does not matter anymore. One side hates him, the other loves him no matter what. He could lose or win but the whole money affair is just one of what must be dozens of things they have slung at him now. It does not stick, he just dismisses it. Its up to the people now.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Social justice is a good and worthy cause which needs fighting for. Going against it may not make you a Nazi, but it does cause trouble and even suffering to people. (And if you came over, you could try applying actual common sense to matters.)
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
I have seen the end goals of these movements. I sum it up in one word: communism. I prefer democracy as I have said before. Live and let live. Tolerance for those that are different but also tolerance for those that are “normal”. (Depending on your point of view ofc.) Each one of these ideas leads to some censored hellscape I am not interested in living in. If you can tolerate me, I can tolerate you. I can not tolerate becoming a twitter version of the USSR.
Background Pony #C806
@Latecomer  
The problem is social justice is such a broad concept that it’s easy to agree with the idea, disagree with some specific stuff, and be villified.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #C806  
Yes, that is one of the weaknesses of the left. The right seems much better at aligning themselves regardless of principles - look at how many devout religious types back Trump! Of course, some might therefore question how many principles they actually have, but that’s neither here nor there - what’s true is that the left could do with cooperating better.

@silbasa  
Well, I have no goal of communism, but nor do I find the current world acceptable. Democracy has it’s uses, but also it’s flaws - and many modern implementations worsen them.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Background Pony #11A9
You based this conclusion off of his tax return? Bit of a stretch. The only thing you can really conclude from his returns is that he is willing to use the tax code to its fullest extent, but we already knew that. At this point his tax returns are a nothing burger.

I fully expect his supporters to double down that “He’s just a smart businessman” and “What person doesn’t try to take advantage of the tax code?”
I expect that, but I really wonder how it got so bad that 40% or more of the country basically doesn’t believe in the concept of basic citizens’ duty to pay taxes.
“Oh the government just wastes money” - yeah, yeah but they don’t say that when they fly the American flag and slap those “Support the Troops” stickers on their SUVs.

Just what we predicted people like you were going to say.
Background Pony #C806
@Latecomer  
Libertarians have a similar issue they won’t shed. “Oh, you believe in ‘X’ you’re not a real libertarians”. It’s silly and does more harm then good.
Background Pony #C806
@MethidMan  
I’m not saying he is a smart businessman. You ignore the part earlier when I said he may be in financial trouble. Hell, even if he is making millions and is super successfull but is using the tax code that still doean’t make him smart, it makes his accountants smart, that man doesn’t do his own taxes. Hell I didn’t even defend the tax code itself, it is broken and if you want to complain about it i’m right there with you. All I said was you can’t get an accurate picture of how successfull he is by looking at his tax returns.

You’re letting your own bias trick you into reading things that aren’t there.
Background Pony #C806
@Latecomer  
They are live qnd let live, but the issue is the label libertarian. If you’re a libertarian and this other guy says he is too, but he believes in a thing you think is wrong, you want to distance yourself. The easiest way you can see this is in the presidential candidates, one year it will be a legit candidate who is fairly moderate, the next year the VP is a performance artist who treats the whole thing like a joke.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
No. Democracy is not something that means a lot of things. Its freedoms are very well defined. They differ a little between democracies but are not up to someone to “define”. Take the US bill of rights for instance. Or its constitution. Or even human rights. They are universal.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide