Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Latecomer  
The center. Thats the place to be. Not in either crazy extreme.

It is when the politics become the core component. Look at 90s trek. They knew how to do genders, diversity and social topics.

I am saying holding beliefs is one thing but acting on them the way many fundementalists have in Europe over the past two decades have is extremely dangerous. We now have parallel societies in Europe. 2 very different realities. 2 systems competing against one another for power in the same nations. This leads to conflict. When more and more immigrants come what happens then? War? Seperate laws for muslims? What happens in the long run? A complete takeover?
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ebalosus  
That it is an organized thing? Yes. Irl white people are slowly going away though. We are not having enough kids. Most EU nations are looking at demographic depletion. Old people growing old, never had enough kids. People from other parts of the worlds however dont face that problem and the ones immigrating to Europe dont seem to suffer from it either.

@Ereiam  
Bah. I have seen statistics on it. True for EU and US. If you cant even discuss it without attacking me then it says more about you than me.
Background Pony #9A93
Meanwhile, team Trump shows once again exactly how little they care about their own supporters, let alone Americans in general

full
Latecomer

@silbasa  
The center of where, though? Left and right move, and differ between countries - you can paint most ideas as “centrist” if you pick extreme enough opinions.

And I agree that there are some ideas which are not compatible with Western ideals. Which is why they should not be tolerated from Westerners or immigrants.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Ereiam

Most people get them wrong anyway. Liberals accuse me of being a “right-wing nut job” because I’m pro-gun, the alt-right accuses me of being a “leftist Jew who shills for the ZOG” because I’m pro-abortion and call out all their insipid beliefs, and neither the left or the right can figure me out since I interact fine with either.

Anyhow, the main reason I’m calling out Biden supporters is because I don’t want to see another Obama where the left by-and-large goes to bed upon his election because they think they’ve won. I want to see them out in the streets still protesting for BLM, M4A, abolishing ICE, and substantial policing reforms; even if it means heavy disparagement from the liberal establishment.

They say they’re going to push Biden left, so they should actually try and do that this time instead of just saying they will.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
I am a former lefty, now a centrist with a conservative slant personally. As english and norwegian standards are not universes apart I am in the middle of those. In US terms a 90s democrat perhaps? (Even if that is considered extreme by todays standards.)

You can never get rid of bad ideas. But look at who is killing people the most and you go from there.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
So, the rich and powerful then? Guess it’s revolution time…

And perhaps this is just me being young, but if you give up on progressivism as soon as it progresses a bit I’m not sure how progressive you ever really were.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Most people get them wrong anyway. Liberals accuse me of being a “right-wing nut job” because I’m pro-gun, the alt-right accuses me of being a “leftist Jew who shills for the ZOG” because I’m pro-abortion and call out all their insipid beliefs, and neither the left or the right can figure me out since I interact fine with either.

Welcome to what the 2 party system does to good faith political exchanges.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Latecomer
I am a former lefty, now a centrist with a conservative slant personally. As english and norwegian standards are not universes apart I am in the middle of those. In US terms a 90s democrat perhaps? (Even if that is considered extreme by todays standards.)

Given the difference of alignment between the respective Overton windows of those countries, this may not be as centered as you’re led to believe.  
You can never get rid of bad ideas. But look at who is killing people the most and you go from there.

You mean racists?  
full
Latecomer

@Background Pony #68DC  
Recognising that both the current society and most if not all previous societies are/were unacceptably flawed in many ways which can and should be corrected so that future societies are better than today’s. (And, you know, so that those who suffer from the effects of those flaws don’t have to anymore.)
Background Pony #68DC
@Latecomer  
So it never ends in your opinion. I’m genuinely trying to get an idea of what you mean. A progressive in the 90s would generally believe “correcting” things would involve different things then a progressive in the 2010s. As time goes on they may be less progressive in relation to the world, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t very progressive before.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
I was once like you. 100% sure and an Obama fan even. I cheered when he was elected. I dreaded Mccain and Palin. Man was she the dumbest person ever I thought. Then I grew up politically. There are many sides to everything. Leftism only gives you one.

@Ereiam  
Want me to link to the EU terror attacks again? Ok. Wikipedia terror in the Europe

Edit: That you as a frenchman dont see the danger especially now? Charlie Hedbo? Ringing any bells? We had Breivik, a terrible blow for Norway. You have had several attacks like this yearly. Monthly even. That is a lot…
Latecomer

@Background Pony #68DC  
Yeah. That’s why I chose the definition I did - because progress means going forward. The goal, of course, is a perfect society, but since humans are inherently imperfect, it’s impossible to ever reach it. But by striving for it, we can continually reach better ones, where more people are happy and well off and fewer have to suffer/suffer less.

@silbasa  
Just because there are a lot of sides doesn’t make all of them right. And people can grow up into ignorance as well as wisdom - especially when the things they’re hopeful about don’t deliver.

Also, I’m not a frenchman. Wrong side of the Channel. But the systematic harm done by the institutions of power kills far more than terrorism.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
At this point last year, Clinton held a roughly 3.0/3.2 lead over Trump according to the RCP average.

Right now, Biden holds a 7.5 over Trump.

Additionally, 538 had Trump fluctuating between a 28% chance and 32% chance in 2016.

As of this writing, he is sitting at 11%.
Background Pony #68DC
@Latecomer  
But with that definition you can’t really gauge that someone is more progressive or less progressive. I am friends with people all over the political spectrum, but none of them advocate things they think make the world worse.
Ereiam
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Monde de merde
@silbasa  
All I see is that you’re focusing on a handful of mediatic events that strike spirits while I’m pointing out a multitude of lower-profile racially-motivated aggressions that often go unreported. In other words, you’re staring at the Islamic tree that hides the xenophobic forest.

Also, you’re doing exactly the same mistake that Macron and a bunch of French political figures are committing right now, in showing that you’ve learned nothing from history by making “islamo-leftism” the new “judeo-bolshevism”.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ereiam  
You have a bunch of people saying mean things. I have people killed on a nearly monthly basis in your country. Clearly there is a problem here somewhere. If you dont see that I cant help you.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Yes, and I’m glad of it. But we’re also far more like America than a lot of Europe in areas like the dominance of neoliberal capitalism (aided by at least one and perhaps both of the parties which ever govern).

@Background Pony #68DC  
Some of them do, however, want to either keep the world as it is or turn it back to some idealised past. And of course, people will have different opinions about where progress should be going - but as long as it’s forward, I’d call them “progressive” even if I disagree.
Ereiam

Monde de merde
@silbasa  
250 in six years (80% of which in only two particularly spectacular terror attacks). If you can’t see how the cumulation of tens of thousands of separate incidents over the same period might constitute a more important cause for concern (even Breivik’s double-digit body count, ignoble and traumatic as it might’ve been, is merely a tiny part of a bigger whole), then I’m afraid we’re at an impasse here.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide