Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@silbasa  
Erm, mightn’t he have had to make things up as he went because he was missing half the ingredients?

Well, I suppose we’ll never know. Better to work on improving capitalism.
Background Pony #68DC
@Ebalosus  
Of course. But whatever the form, that’s still a manifestation of the patriarcial underpinnings of Western society, right?  
[/bq]

Depends, we know woman and men are different.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Ereiam  
Good Lord. Sounds like a story out of this country. “Relax, everyone. He’s not a [insert ideology here]. He’s just crazy.” As though that’s a comfort to his victims. At least this guy didn’t hurt anyone, from the sound of things.

(Do correct me if I’m wrong.)
Background Pony #68DC
@Latecomer  
I mean the obvious. Men are more suited for manual labor jobs, so you will have more of them in that field. Their are more subtle difference between the two but my point is that even in an equal society you will see unequal results.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@xxzxxzxxzzx
This my what my parents believe of Hispanics who support Trump:
“They’re in denial because they desperately want to be White”.
I don’t know why they’d think that but it’s what my parents believe of Pro-Trump Hispanics.
Personally, I just think Pro-Trump Hispanics are ignorant.

Has anyone ever encountered what my parents describe?

Hispanics that want to be white?
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@xxzxxzxxzzx
This my what my parents believe of Hispanics who support Trump:
“They’re in denial because they desperately want to be White”.
I don’t know why they’d think that but it’s what my parents believe of Pro-Trump Hispanics.
Personally, I just think Pro-Trump Hispanics are ignorant.
Has anyone ever encountered what my parents describe?
Hispanics that want to be white?

Looks at the post above  
uhhh I’m not touching that post without sounding racist am I.
Background Pony #68DC
@Latecomer  
That’s one example. You also get into issues with pregnancy. It might be ubfair but woman are the ones who bear children, this tends to set them back as far as careers go. My only point is it isn’t as simple as blaming the patriarchy for the problem. Their are real issues at play and the solutions are not simple.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Every time someone finds a dang spelling error in the bible they make a new denomination around it.
Background Pony #E5A4
@Goku Black  
@igotnopicks  
Hardly the same religion outside of the very basics (God, Jesus, Holy Spirit). The bible is different, the sacraments are different, many the holy days are different. Catholics put a lot of emphasis on self punishment due to sin being unavoidable (even born with it), confession, and are obsessed with saints (essentially mini-gods).

Plus the Church isn’t just the building where your local pastor works and you go pray in, but a very structured international organization lead by a guy that literally speaks for God.

Overall Catholics have historically been considered more “socially liberal” than other popular denominations in the US (particularly compared to evangelicals), and have often been the targets of persecution by hate groups like the KKK. Yes, the actual teachings are pretty conservative, but most of the “fire and brimstone” stuff is channeled towards “join us, we have cookies” rather than “you’re unsavable so may as well hate you”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide