Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
Has anyone ever thought that maybe the the internet doesn’t provide the best picture of either side? And that maybe the majority of the politics internet scene is just the lunatics of both sides screeching into their echo chambers? The fact that Ereiam posted that mere minutes after Background Pony #4C16 posted their stuff is evidence that the thought processes of both of these sides are likely quite similar.

Would you like the Grill Pill?
Background Pony #4C16
@Background Pony #5A9D  
It’s hard to ignore “internet comments” when Trump has made himself the “internet president”, constantly retweeting radicals and conspiracy theorists, and promoting the very sites where these comments are posted en-masse.

@MethidMan  
Best part is they’re also reacting like this to their own; they have the same words and language aimed towards Rowe, Lou Dobbs, Mitch McConnell, Bill Barr, Christ Christie, and every other hardcore republican bannerman that isn’t on constantly their knees giving Trump’s dick a mouthwash.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Took a gander at Ponybooru forums. Aside from a few probably fine folks that also use Derpi, there are vocal right wing covidiots, anti-maskers, ardent massive voter fraud conspiracy theory believers, and an actual pro-KKK neo-Nazi. So yeah, I think that’s a pretty cool site to check out. Pretty based community.

———

So, a top Dampnut aide admitted in emails that the federal approach to handling COVID-19 was to go for herd immunity, despite public denials. In other words, now we know why they had such a lackadaisical response: they wanted Americans to get COVID. Plausible deniability is gone: supporting this administration mutually excludes being a good person.
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Vivace  
The irony is, we actually accomplished something pretty impressive with the vaccine. And while I can’t claim to know how much his “Operation Warp Speed” truly helped, it would have been easy for him to take credit and ride it to re-election… if he hadn’t already allowed the virus to run rampant. His unwarranted optimism at the beginning of the year made it impossible for people to take his administration’s later optimism about the vaccine at face value.
Background Pony #4C16
@Latecomer  
There are probably good (if not necessarily that smart) people who believe pushing their children into traffic is the most effective way of improving their reflexes, too.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Vivace

I think it should be proportional to the votes each candidate gets per state. For example, if a state has 10 electors, and the vote tally is 60% for Biden, 30% for Trump, and 10% for Jorgensen, then Biden gets 6 electors, Trump 3, and Jorgensen 1.

That way, it’s more representative of the actual voting patterns, and not some winner-take-all BS that encourages the kinds of skullduggery we’ve seen for a long time.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Ebalosus  
I remember thinking what amounts to the same thing, but with 100 electors, for a total of 5000 national electoral votes possible.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Vivace

For the first half, I check it out sometimes myself. To no surprise the mirror site that was founded because alt-right snowflakes got triggered because they couldn’t talk about swastikas ♪Ironically♪ and brags about how they don’t do muh censorship has a problem with nazis. Doubly so since Derpibooru didn’t even change any rules in the end; it was just nazis getting pissed that some of the mods think nazis suck in behind the scenes chats.

Still hurts that some artists I liked deleted their material here and jumped ship.

As for the second half, Imma just quote myself from a couple months back.

@Dustcan  
WH’s new plan to combat Covid is to…not combat it. Specifically they’re now planning to rely on herd immunity.
Not only is it bad enough that their plan is effectively not having a plan but lets run some numbers. The standard for herd immunity for most diseases is 80% of the population getting infected, so as to act as human shields for the remaining 20% to never get infected. Covid has about a 3% death rate in America. America has about 330 million people.
So the Trump administration now wants 264 million to get sick, and then is expecting almost 8 million to just die. Just sacrifice themselves for the good of the rest of us. Like what the ancient Aztecs did, but for even dumber reasons.
All I can think of to that is, remember when swine flu only got 61 million Americans sick? And only 13,000 died from it? Remember when Trump was bragging about how the numbers said if he did nothing then “only” 2 million would’ve died from Covid? Good times.

@Ebalosus

It should work something like that. You’d need to accomodate with new EV votes, since several states have odd number Electorate or even less than 10, but it’d still be more democratically representative than the current system.

Might be best to ditch it altogether tho.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Dustcan  
Just in case there’s any confusion about that, nazis do, indeed, suck. People unironically pretending to be nazis also suck. But, if they follow our rules, even card-carrying nazis are tolerated here if they are fans of the show and refrain from promoting IRL nazi or neo-nazi organizations or events.
Background Pony #5A9D
@Background Pony #4C16  
Their will always be small groups of people spouting nonsense and people trolling on the internet. Stop stressing out over it, trying to “fix” it makes things worse.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #5A9D

That small group has eager ears in high places, such as the 100 some members of Congress that wanted to subvert the election, or the “private citizens” group that paid a former cop half a million to run an AC repairman off the road and hold him at gunpoint because they thought he was a voter fraud “mastermind”.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

In other news, we apparently have intel that the American government’s handling of COVID-19 was purposely botched.  

full

@Vivace  
Took a gander at Ponybooru forums. Aside from a few probably fine folks that also use Derpi, there are vocal right wing covidiots, anti-maskers, ardent massive voter fraud conspiracy theory believers, and an actual pro-KKK neo-Nazi. So yeah, I think that’s a pretty cool site to check out. Pretty based community.
Was that sarcasm?
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Unelected Senator Loeffler had a photo-op with a KKKer and claimed she had no idea beforehand. Shouldn’t this be a campaign killer?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide