Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

It worked out pretty well irl too :P
Ofc it works out irl. Abrahamaic religions generally dont separate irl affairs with the afterlife and no abrahamaic religion, including judaism and islam, ever rewards laziness.

What I dont appreciate is the implication that every poor person is poor primarily due to laziness. Islam at least doesn’t recognize poverty as indication of a lack of trying.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
Do you know? Because what I am seeing now is a large coordinated censorship campaign.

Like you see the left’s fault in the alt-right’s radicalization over the past years, or communism in any pushback against the systemic racism and neoliberal order, you mean?

@Ebalosus  
“Coup”
Do I have to break out the Inigo Montoya picture yet again?

One more time, just because the government’s representatives are “some rich fucks with health insurance” who only ended up “mildly inconvenienced” in your eyes doesn’t mean the protesters insurgents’ goal wasn’t to intimidate them into doing their bidding, i.e. changing the results of the democratic process they disagreed with, at the behest of the incumbent sore loser.  
The fact that it was doomed to failure doesn’t make it any less of a coup attempt.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Deustche and Signature banks are cutting ties with Trump. Deutsche can’t do so immediately because the world’s poorest billionaire is still owes 1/3 a billion dollars to them and Signature are joining the calls for him to resign.

2 of Trump’s biggest lifelines and among the only banks in the world still willing to loan the deadbeat money are also tiring of him.

Democratic representatives Jayapal and Bonnie Watson Coleman have both been tested positive for Covid after being forced to hide with her Republican colleagues during the siege. Not coincidentally there’s also video of representative Lisa Blunt trying to hand out masks as this was going on, but Republicans refused and laughed at her for it.

Who knows how many more of Congress are infected after sharing such tight quarters with each other?
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@tehwatever  
Does christianity that in your opinion? The point I am trying to make is that this “ethic” created a culture where a contract was a contract. Worked great with capitalism and created a powerful economy.

@Ereiam  
Not this time. Now I see private corporations in a sense governing what we can and cannot say.

@Dustcan  
This here is part of it. You do something they don’t like and your bank, your server provider, your ddos protection and more makes sure you are off the net permanently. You have no rights in this scenario as it is all private companies managing their private properties as they see fit. Problem is, this is now the “digital public town square” and normal laws don’t apply anymore. Surely we can all regardless of left or right leanings see the danger in this?
Background Pony #613E
@silbasa  
Banks generally refuse to have known criminals as their clients. Not only is it bad PR, but it’s just straight up bad for the core business of being a bank.
Background Pony #1DB9
@MethidMan  
These kinds of comics are so dumb, it only applies to the legal 1st amendment, but is so often used when discussing the principle behind freedom of speech.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Background Pony #1DB9  
Freedom of speech only applies to the government. PERIOD. I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about that.

You can cry free speech all you want, but the mods can kick your ass out for any reason and there’s nothing stopping them from doing so. Freedom of speech also means people can stop doing business with them if they have enough bad PR. It works both ways.

One more thing: if the 1st amendment also applied to companies, then that’s communism. Are you a commie?
Background Pony #1DB9
@MethidMan  
No, I don’t think you understand. I’m not saying whether the 1st amendment currently applies to private companies. I’m saying the idea of free speech goes beyond that, it is a perfectly legit argument over the idea of free speech. If, for example, Twitter and FB held a complete monopoly over speech on the internet (they don’t, this is an example) they could clamp down on speech and constitutionally would be fine, but the argument would still exist that it is stifling free speech.
Background Pony #1DB9
@TheFinite  
Yeah, those are part of the conversation too, are companies too powerful and is an antitrust suit sufficient? These are the things we as a society should think about when we discuss freedom of speech.
CottonTales
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@silbasa  
Well if we go by the free market TM they haven’t really…you can just use other services held by either other companies or no companies to talk (yes they exist) those are just the most popular ones that the market promotes. You have other options and they are not obligated to cater to any individual

Unless you’re saying there is literally (OR practically speaking) no other reasonable way to get your voice about a thing than through those companies then you have a greater point.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@CottonTales  
It’s not free online anymore. It’s practically a monopoly now. If the big ones say you’re out you are practically out. No bill of rights online like irl. You saw what they did to Parler for instance. Gone. This was an upcoming problem, and something Trump tried to address with his section 230 regulations. That’s not happening anymore and the storming of the Capitol made this a big democratic problem overnight. US public discourse is now in the hands of private corporations.
Background Pony #83DA
@Scrabbleman  
something about losing his pension and other benefits one would usually get after being president. also he wouldnt be able to run for president again
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide