Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Princess Applejack  
“Guarding one’s private parts” and the woman completely owning her reproductive organs is in general the islamic way.  
The issue is the baby in her private parts. THAT, is something else. Here’s a question. Does she own the thing brewing in her womb, or does she just own her womb?
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Scenario One: Woman fully owns her womb AND whatever brewing in it.

The woman fully owns whatever monstrosity is baking in the oven and therefore is capable of terminating it on her own terms. But then it also SHOULD mean that once the monster is out of her belly, she therefore has 100% exclusive right to the monster.

Which means the woman cannot demand support from whatever partner she had or has, because the partner does not have ownership over it, due to the woman owning it fully 100%

Think: In a pro-choice world where every woman can abort at a moment’s notice, even AFTER the baby is born–like asking for a refund or a return of a product, the husband or donor is NOT therefore legally obliged to support nor invest in the well-being of the baby.

If she carried the baby all the way into delivery and has a major buyer’s remorse after that, then it’d be HER FAULT, considering there is ample time to abort.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Scenario Two: Woman fully owns her womb, period.

That means The Thing is a foreign object residing in her belly. Since she owns full ownership of the estate (her womb) she is then legally allowed to kick the thing out at anytime, without prior notice.  
…  
which begs the question: Do you need to kill the bastard tho, like you nuking your house with poison to get rid of the spiders ants cockroaches maggots and termites.

Do we treat the baby as a tenant or cockraches and spiders?

My question is therefore: If there is a way to transfer the baby OUT of the mother’s womb without whacking the bastard, would it count as abortion? Or does the woman need to absolutely snuff it out of existence for it to count?
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@tehwatever  
Being pro-contraception puts you miles ahead of the typical “pro-life” take, so there’s that.

@tehwatever  
If there were a practical way to extricate the fetus without harm, I imagine a lot of the moral quandaries would go away. Most early abortions are done well before such a scheme would be viable, and most late abortions are done because it would be too dangerous.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Background Human  
Being able to safely transfer the fetus without harming it would, probably get rid of the moral conflicts, maybe.

But then there’s the idea that Abortion == Not wanting a child. SO, I guess the next step would be to ask the woman: Do you still want the bebby or not? Who makes the decision?

Note: The woman owns ONLY HER WOMB. She does not automatically inherit ownership of the fetus once it’s outside. Meaning, the choice to abandon / keep suddenly is not exclusively hers to make.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@tehwatever  
That’s where it gets tricky. Even if you could evict the fetus without killing it, what do you do with the baby? You’d assume parental rights devolve to the baby-daddy, but that makes things real awkward in rape cases. And what if the presumptive father can’t be identified or reached? How hard do you hunt him down before you just kick the kid into the system?

And whatever solution you come up with, there are implications for the mother’s medical privacy rights (‘cause it’s coming out of her womb, after all), which is part of what makes legal limits on abortion so problematic in the first place.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Background Human  
Imo right now, I gonna have to go with: parental rights are shared between the legally married couple, whose woman carries the baby. The sperm donor has no say in it whatsoever.

Meaning: if she’s single, she could inherit full ownership of the evicted, alive fetus, or reject it and have someone else claim ownership to it (be it the state, or another family)

A donor who forcefully inseminated the woman and absentee donors shouldn’t have a say in the decision. Meaning, if she was raped, assume single. If her “location unknown” ex got her pregnant, assume single. i.e, she has the power of making the decision on her own.

Donors in general don’t automatically inherit ownership of the baby. With donors out of the way of the decision-making, the woman therefore doesn’t have to give out details of her prior relationships of whatever she does with her womb.

Hm…tricky stuff.
Background Pony #675E
@Background Pony #58FE
And how is that levee system worth it? Again, thousands of miles of coast to cover, and a levee requires more money and material to build than a wall (plus what it’d take to maintain it against the erosion). Do you have any idea of how big a price tag that represents? Even if you were to funnel the whole military budget into it, I highly doubt the economy could shoulder such a burden.

I’m actually kind of surprised that you think it wouldn’t be worth it, as not only would it benefit everyone living behind it, provided that it is maintained properly, but also because your stance on this directly contradicts your record in this thread of consistently supporting massive government funded public projects, programs, and systems in general, made possible with rich taxpayer’s money (both of which are a good thing, mind you), such as universal health care, so it makes no sense why you would even complain about costs in the first place.

Are you complaining just to be contradictory, here? I’m genuinely confused and curious.

And that’s also discounting how such a massive build would disrupt the coastal ecosystem either.

If reasonable mitigation efforts of negative environmental effects/impacts can be carried out, wherever they may need be, then they should be carried out.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
@Ereiam
Don’t worry, according to some Background Pony with no credentials whatsoever, just because it works for one tiny island absolutely means we can scale it up for an entire continent with no drawbacks and regard for cost whatsoever.

Okay, tell me what you know about civil engineering, then. And better yet, tell me just how, exactly, instances where systems of a small scale were able to be recreated on a far larger scale never even existed in the first place. So please, prove me wrong.

Also, I love that you quoted me in that one post of yours from days ago.

Again, this conversation isn’t meant to be some back-and-forth middle school playground-level game of “owning” or “1-upping” your “opponent”, so it still makes fuck-all sense as to why you are still seeing it that way.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

just because it works for one tiny island absolutely means we can scale it up for an entire continent with no drawbacks and regard for cost whatsoever.
calling BP#675E.

I’m confused af. Okay lemme try breaking it down: Violet is being ironic in that comment. She / He (wait) They don’t believe the dutch levee system could be applied to the entire coastlines of the USA without a major drawback or a massive financial investment.

But then you want Violet to demonstrate that upscaling something like a levee in Netherlands to the coast of the entire american continent would work…

I don’t…

I’m missing something.
Background Pony #675E
@Background Pony #1DB9
Freedom of speech only applies to the government. PERIOD. I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about that.
You can cry free speech all you want, but the mods can kick your ass out for any reason and there’s nothing stopping them from doing so. Freedom of speech also means people can stop doing business with them if they have enough bad PR. It works both ways.
One more thing: if the 1st amendment also applied to companies, then that’s communism. Are you a commie?

Freedom of speech only applies to the government. PERIOD. I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about that.

This is one of the most deliberately obtuse and ignorantly dismissive takes that I have ever seen posted by anyone on this website. I am not exaggerating.

(Note: I wanted to post this last week, yet for reasons that shall not be named, forces that were beyond my control prevented me from doing so. But hey, better late than never, as they always say.)
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

HEY. But we all know the solution tho, right?

Let’s say, over the course of a hundred years, the sea level rises to say, 10 feet, and puts all the low-lying areas on the coast underwater. You think people aren’t going to just, sell their homes and move?

Yes. You can sell it to Aquaman if he’s buying.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Background Pony #675E  
She made an IRONIC. CLAIM.

Here’s what I gathered from that exchange:

Violet: Levee system on the entire US coast is impossible  
You: Prove to me that it’s possible if you’re so sure.

WHAT? Am I getting pranked right now?!
Violet Rose in The Rain

@Background Pony #675E

Ereiam, Dustcan and I talked about how such a project on a wide scale would be unfeasible even it was practically possible, citing such factors as cost and the effects on the environment as well as the amount of effort needed to maintain such a levee over a long period of time.

As far as I could see, all you had to say in response was, “Well, a tiny island did it so we can too”, some vague notions about incorporating other plans to mitigate environmental damage without considering how the presence of a giant levee would affect them, and “this is totally the same as universal healthcare so not supporting this makes you a hypocrite”.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Ereiam, Dustcan and I talked about how such a project on a wide scale would be unfeasible even it was practically possible, citing such factors as cost and the effects on the environment as well as the amount of effort needed to maintain such a levee over a long period of time.

Actually all I did was admit I have basically no knowledge on the subject of levees, and what little I could therefore contribute to the topic was wondering if there were more feasible solutions than reactive stopgap measures.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Just want to say. MEDICARE FOR ALL! I was literally breaking down in tears from this toothache, but now the pain is gone and I have been getting much needed sleep, not being in pain and living with the knowledge that a simple medical issue is going to pass, shouldn’t be locked behind a paywall in a nation defined by it’s drive to be the greatest on earth.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs

In more The GOP really is nothing more than the ‘No, U!’ party anymore, GOP senator John Cornyn is now threatening to impeach all previous Democrat presidents if the GOP wins majority in 2022 so they can’t run again.

Yeah, uh, about that. I know nobody’s ever accused the GOP of knowing the Constitution, but both Clinton and Obama have already served their 2 terms. They can’t run again. Unless the GOP are really so afraid of a 100 year old Jimmy Carter running again.

Quite the galaxy brain maneuver there, Cornyn.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide