Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #E24F
Apparently Manchin is giving some push back on the senate relief bill, he wants some more targeted relief. It already needs to be changed to drop the $15 minimum wage so this could be a good thing. The Republicans have a relief bill as well that does some good things like lowering the income ceiling for those who qualify, but increasing payments. Maybe take some ideas from that bill and cut some of the extra fat from the current one to get a bipartisan plan passed. Hell it could even have $2000 checks.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
So can somebody explain to me why Biden just removed Dr Seuss books from some annual book reading event?

When has this ever been a priority?
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Scrabbleman  
full

I mean really…who really cares? This is just virtue signaling from both sides. Virtue signaling on Biden’s part since some out of touch staffer told him it would make that racist and sexist old bag of bones look not as shitty in the eyes of the people (didn’t work), and virtue signaling on the detractors because idiots like Dim Fool are only doing this for profit. Nobody who’s a serious person who actually cares about politics gives two shits about books for dumbass babies
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@neutralgrey  
I wouldn’t say Dr Seuss books are for dumbass babies since even adults are stupid enough to not get the obvious lessons, but it’s somewhat viral (like everything is nowadays) and I’m honestly more concerned by the fact this was a thing at all.

It’s a “Hey, I stopped shouting fire in random public places! Praise me, oh public dumbasses!” sorta way.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Scrabbleman  
Well yeah, Washington DC is Hollywood for ugly people. 95% of all politicians in our government are only in it for their own ego. But at least Biden isn’t a speed freak like Trump and is CONSTANTLY bragging about how awesome he is at every possible minute on whatever platform he’s on.
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

@Background Pony #E24F  
You do know that asshat isn’t the only children’s author in existence yeah? Once again, no serious person really cares about shit like this. We care about more pressing matters like Covid, international relations, the economy, stuff that ACTUALLY affects the livelihood of everyone. Seriously why the fuck don’t you all talk about the shit that matters and affects all our lives??? Not some dumb culture war BS
Background Pony #E24F
@neutralgrey  
I can care about both, and why do you call him an asshat? The Dr. Seuss books have been read and enjoyed by kids for years, they have done a lot of good in getting kids to read. If it means so little why aren’t you annoyed at the people actively working to shun his work?

Serious people to care about children’s literacy, it matters, and these books have been very popular and a good tool to get kids into reading for fun.
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

@Background Pony #E24F  
“I can care about both” Biden just fucking bombed Syria and this is what you wanna talk about?

Also, I felt it was appropriate to call him an asshat since this is the guy who wrote the Cat in the Hat…and is thus responsible for the crime against humanity that is the Car in the Hat movie. What, you the Joke Police now?

Also, I am annoyed by this, but I’m more annoyed by shit that actually fucking matters. If we spend all our fucking time and energy on stupid Culture War BS, politicians are gonna get away with a lot of fucked up shit. Like, I’m 60% sure Biden wants to go to war with Iran or at the very least bring about regime change which will probably result in even more destabilization in the Middle East and worsening tensions between us and Russia, which will mean that Bald Motherfucker Pootin will try to do something stupid to make himself look strong
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
Greg Abbott needs an ultimate ass kicking….dead serious. I don’t give a fuck, the fact that he wants to cease our way of stopping this fucking pandemic by simply covering our faces for protection so that we can make sure cases continue to decline, I REALLY want to slam this son of a bitch to the fucking pavement.
Background Pony #E24F
@Dustcan  
The bombing was wrong, but trying to connect it to the minimum wage in this way is dishonest. Congress has given the president broad powers to use military like this for years, libertarians have been consistently complaining about it, but with the presidency switching between parties the two are happy about it when they have the power.

On the flip side the minimum wage issue is squarely a legislative issue and is up to them. Kamala Harria could dismiss the parliamentarian over her ruling on on the covid relief bill and the minimum wage inclusion, and while that is allowed it would be a very bad look and a big violation of the norms of the senate. It’s everyone agreeing on a rule, putting a person in charge of the rule, then firing the peraon in charge when you don’t like how they interpret the rules.

Again, it is allowed, but when you campaign on the idea of bringing sanity back after the Trump presidency it is not good to then turnaround and pull a Trump move with the parliamentarian.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #E24F  
There’s something called the “Green Lantern Theory” of the presidency. The idea that Biden or Trump or whoever can get everything they want if they just push hard enough. And it’s crap. It ignores the role of Congress and the difficulty of getting stuff through Congress. (Which is by design; the Founders wanted federal legislation to run a frickin’ gauntlet.) Obama barely passed health care reform. Trump barely passed a tax cut–a tax cut! the one thing the Republican Party can agree on these days. Even in times of absolute crisis, passing economic stimulus and relief packages is like pulling teeth.

Hold Biden accountable for his use of executive power, sure. I don’t even know why we’re bombing Syria this time. But recognize that most of what the left wants, and most of what the right wants to be fair, has to come the hard way.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide