Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@lonewolf  
It’s from the New York Post, and given the horrendous grammar they’ve used for their title, I think it’s safe to say this story is about as trustworthy and as relevant as an Alex Jones skit.
Background Pony #CEFC
@neutralgrey  
It has the actual video with them asking for the money, so I think the basic part of the story is trustworthy unless you think the people in the video aren’t who they say they are.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Background Pony #CEFC  
The basic story is true, but the poorly worded title makes it appear upon first glance that one man is asking BLM for money. Not to mention New York Post is notorious for essentially being a tabloid, so no doubt they’ll spin this story to sensationalize it. If we’re gonna be posting New York Post articles, should I start posting Huff Post articles?
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

And here’s the thing, how does adding a POC character (and LGBTQ+ character) is “ruining Japanese Culture”?

Depends on what you mean by Japanese Culture, there are still a lot of racist and xenophobic people in Japan…
Background Pony #CEFC
@neutralgrey  
IF you read the article it is short and concise as to what is going on. If you don’t like something about the article then criticize it and point out why the article is wrong, instead of just complaining about the source. I think the reason why you don’t see a lot of Huffpost or NYP articles linked here is because people will criticize the content for it’s bias, but if you feel that content is clean then go ahead. I’ve seen crazier sites posted here then either of those.
Background Pony #1F81
@neutralgrey  
But the weebs and anti-SJW grifters always seem t ignore it in order to stick it to “those damn Westerners”.

These people worship and fetishize an idolized version f a country that can be just as shitty as any Western country, and has it’s own share of really bad social and cultural problems that it needs to fix.

Like back when the BLM protests were at their peak, there were people legitimately outraged that people in Japan were joining the BLM protests. Gee, it’s almost as if police brutality and racial bias is a universal problem regardless of what country you are in…
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

@Background Pony #CEFC  
Given that it’s come from the New York Post I’m starting to doubt that claim. There’s a reason why you should take whatever tabloids say with a grain of salt. While once in a while they may report a factual story, they’ll often try to distort facts or try to put their own spin on it. You are right that people will criticize sits like the New York Post, and I say they should. Biased sites like the New York Post have an agenda, and it’s not to tell the truth
Background Pony #CEFC
@neutralgrey  
I read every news story with a suspicious eye, whether that be from the New York Post or the New York Times. That being said I don’t see a glaring issue with this individual article beyond the title being worded awkwardly. If you see something then by all means point it out, but so far your only complaint has been that you don’t like the source.
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

@Background Pony #CEFC  
And for good reason as I just said, and you’ll have to forgive me for rolling my eyes at your claims of viewing everything with a “suspicious eye”

Still, I hold onto my previous claim questioning the trustworthiness of the article. Because it’s the exact type of schlock you’d see on the cover of a cheap tabloid. On the surface it appears to be sensational, yet when you read it it’s just a useless and forgettable story

That being said, mindless drivel like this is red meat for those who frequent sites like the New York Post
Background Pony #CEFC
@neutralgrey  
Fine. If you believe the article is not truthful then you can easily corroborate it with other sources. This story is simple enough you can do that quickly. What you see as sensational drivel for sites like the NYP I see as fairly typical reporting across the board, and as long as the reporting itself is truthful I don’t have a big issue with it. If someone is posting a link to a news site you don’t like and you want to criticize, then it is good form to actually double check the news being reported and point out where the problems are in the article. Otherwise half the posts here will be source complaints because someone posted the NYP, or Raw Story, or just some random twitter post they saw.
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

@Background Pony #CEFC  
“What you see as sensational drivel for sites like the NYP I see as fairly typical reporting across the board”

I thought you said you viewed everything with a “suspicious eye”

@Scrabbleman  
Not saying that CNN is trustworthy, but saying that a tabloid is more trustworthy than CNN is enough to make anyone roll their eyes. But let’s assume you’re correct…you’re just engaging in whataboutisms. Just because they do it doesn’t mean you should
Background Pony #CEFC
@neutralgrey  
I said that article is pretty typical for news sites. It’s short and straight to the point with what it is reporting. That’s pretty common to see since most news reporting isn’t breaking news front page stuff, typically the bias in these cases is what they are choosing to report on and how prominent it is on their site. I’m not speaking to the quality of the rest of the New York Post. I get it though, you don’t like the Post, but again if you think something is wrong with that article I encourage you to find it.
Background Pony #CEFC
@neutralgrey  
Irrelevant news stories get posted here all the time, best thing to do is just ignore them tbh since people are just posting them to hate on whatever thing has them crotchety right now.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide