Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #5AEE
@Background Pony #5468  
I’m assuming this is a case where Buck was a woman? That’s where “several restrictions in place governing time frames and hormone levels.” would come in. I’m also not a conservative. I just acknowledge the issue of someone with the hormones and body structure of a man joining a female sport in High School would be unfair. Men are, on average, built to be bigger, faster, and stronger.
Background Pony #5AEE
@Latecomer  
I would like to point out the examination according to the law is to be done by the child’s physician, and it’s essentially just a doctor’s note signing off, not as though the teacher has to examine them. As for hormone tests I know some major sports require this, but I believe a time restriction is in place. So, for instance, a man can’t join woman’s track competition after being on hormone therapy for a month.
Latecomer

Hmm… I’m honestly surprised there’s not a rule that schools should be aware of all transgender pupils in the first place. But I don’t know if I should be. And even if they are, I suppose that’s a bit different.
Background Pony #5AEE
@Dustcan  
The shrinking D.C. part is. The difference is their proposal would take the new chunk of land and make it a state, I’m saying have that new land become a part of Maryland.
Background Pony #5AEE
@Latecomer  
Yes, but that’s why these proposals involve shrinking what is considered to be “Washington D.C.” to a smaller area, then do things with the new land that has been removed. It’s a way to get around that rule.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@Background Pony #5468
I’m assuming this is a case where Buck was a woman? That’s where “several restrictions in place governing time frames and hormone levels.” would come in. I’m also not a conservative. I just acknowledge the issue of someone with the hormones and body structure of a man joining a female sport in High School would be unfair. Men are, on average, built to be bigger, faster, and stronger.

That’s a common talking point Conservative Pundits likes to use.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@NitroFury
At this point, it wouldn’t be shocking if Florida’s governor turned out to be a Nazi.
Not saying they are, just saying I wouldn’t be suprised if they were.

Well, considered that there are actual Neo-Nazis joining the GOP and how the GOP is not ousting them, it wouldn’t surprise me either.
Background Pony #5AEE
@NitroFury  
Then in this case I agree with them. The comments about men being stronger and faster isn’t simply a talking point. So the question comes down to fairness. I want people to be able to compete in sports no matter who they are, but if someone is biologically male they have an advantage over woman.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
A US Capitol Police officer directed “all outside units” on the morning of January 6 to only monitor for anti-Trump agitators “who want to start a fight,” not any “pro-Trump in the crowd,” according to the findings of a newly revealed internal investigation.
Rep. Zoe Lofgren described the radio broadcast, the existence of which was not previously known, during a House Administration Committee hearing on security failures around the January 6 attack.
In that transmission, according to Lofgren’s telling, the officer said: “Attention all units on the field, we’re not looking for any pro-Trump in the crowd. We’re only looking for any anti pro-Trump who want to start a fight.”

Neither Capitol Police nor Congress has released the audio of the broadcast, despite requests to do so.
But the Capitol Police in a statement Thursday said the call “has been misquoted and is lacking … necessary context.”

It goes on to say that the Chief only meant that those orders were to prevent clashes between pro and anti Trumpers.

Uh huh. Those barricade removals and selfies tell us exactly what you meant.
Background Pony #9659
@Dustcan  
The “necessary context” is that law enforcement tends to draw upon people with fascist (and thus implicitly violent) tendencies and as a whole has been very comfortable with violence from the right and pushing down any uppity hippies and liberals in order to protect True Patriot Americans (read: WASPs).
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Makhia Bryant’s shooting in another perspective.

A neighbour took a video of what happened so now we have two points of view in regards to what happened. It’s still not sure what happened prior to the attack with different people having conflicting accounts (and I’d rather not get my news from Tumblr, knowing how they are) but what we do know now is that there were verbal threats.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Goku Black

No, that would be the last Manchu emperors of the Qing Dynasty. Xi sucks to be sure, but is nowhere near the level of fuckups as the late Qing Dynasty.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@silbasa  
I don’t disagree with a lot of what is said here. As I said we need to avoid dependency but I am open to trying some measures accompanied by some help of some sort.

@Latecomer  
@Ereiam  
Tucker Carlson is of the branch of conservative populism that shares a fair bit critiques of the left on capitalism blaming it for the destruction of family and such. Not a broken clock so much as that 20% or so of his ideology sometimes shines through that is actually somewhat agreeable to the left. (and perhaps sometimes the left’s economic appeals are a bit agreeable to the right) Problem is, he is also more culturally right and runs a incendiary cable news show, so it isn’t enough for you guys to consider him a ally in my mind but that is why he does sometimes get left wing guest or some leftist have some sympathy for him at times.

@silbasa  
Stuff like this is idiotic

@BadgingBadger  
Cops being right once in saving one person from assault still does not justify only seven in every 15.000 cases of police-induced murder since 2005 resulting in convictions.

Could I have a source on that statics if possible? I could believe it, our civil immunity laws are dreadful in some places but I have seen it before conflated any officer involved shooting being counted as a murder.

In that context, taking all state, societal, and human levels into account, BLM and anti-carceral activism remain strong and wholly defensible.

I can agree to not let one good officer distract from the bad but I strongly disagree with that principle. It only leads to hatred being stoked unnecessarily for a narrative and shutting down the ability to evaluate other factors.. Considering how the conversation has been handled by them

@BadgingBadger  
Indeed. Especially social media. I sometimes have interesting discussions on forums and smaller chan boards but your advice here is still correct.

@Scrabbleman  
I’m still trying to piece it all together myself. From my understanding the girl with the knife called the cops, according to her mother. Some are framing it that she was trying to defend herself from attack. I’ve also heard she had stabbed someone else, etc.

Maybe one of’em is true but it’s hard to tell even avoiding social media sometimes these days.
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
I can agree to not let one good officer distract from the bad but I strongly disagree with that principle. It only leads to hatred being stoked unnecessarily for a narrative and shutting down the ability to evaluate other factors.

The BLM movement is only the way it is because it is still rather juvenile and disorganized, which leads to all sorts of actors from different, often not even opressed backgrounds doing things their own way. There is no “organization” that can be properly considered an authority representative of BLM, and while some would claim decentralization is a good thing, to me that is a problem.  
A better movement would pool its resources, discussions and efforts into an unified party, exclude the elite and middle-class elements that do not represent the African-American working-class and poor, and make efforts through labor organization to extend their hand to non-AA working-class people who may be targets of the police and the elites as well.  
This would have to be different from the BLM PR campaigns as activists have to foster interpersonal relationships and recruit people personally to the cause. So far, when it is done, it tends to achieve better results than relying only on mass propaganda.

Unless you consider the police and capitalism to be defensible from a human standpoint, at which we’ll have to disagree.
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@NitroFury  
Generally there is a more insidious reason why the GOP has nazis circling it while many of its pundits compare their opposition to nazis, and it has to do with the very ideology of conservatism which defends the wealthy as a natural phenomenon while denying that the subversive tendencies of the masses are borne out of legitimate concerns for human survival (water, food, housing, physical wellbeing, etc.).  
The GOP follows an ideology of meritocracy and laissez-faire capitalism (neoliberalism), which prevents them from looking at state policy and racial inequality from a developed perspective. That quite inevitably leads to racism – as they assume that this dreck of a system is fair and that one only has to perform competently to stop being poor, many will look at minorities, judge their desperate material situations superficially, and come to the conclusion that their constant failure must be something innate to their minds or bodies.  
Some conservatives might deny that, but with a worldview that assumes inequality is fair and dismisses any criticism against the current system, conservative racism remains inevitable among most of the current and will not be rooted out.
NitroFury
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Okay, and now for completely different.

How of do you hear or see this argument from Conservatives Pundits?

Democrats are running a global p3do cabal!

But then every so often you come across those same Conservative Pundits spouting out something like this…  
full

Did Conservative Pundits forgot that pedophilia is universally hated by everyone, no matter which side you are on?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide