Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #7E8D
Deletion reason: Rule #6 - That was not an invitation for debate. If someone is breaking a rule in this thread, report them.
Background Pony #658D
@Dustcan  
but between using counterfeit money & the kneeling on the neck, was there not a resisting of arrest which eventually lead to him on the ground? plus, wasn’t he high on fentanyl while doing so before & while he was arrested? & i’m pretty sure that there was some of it found in his system reported in his autopsy. i ain’t 100% on this, it’s just what i’ve heard from various places.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #7E8D  
If you would love to answer, well great, cause I would love to hear an answer! And don’t worry - no chance I’d do anything as silly as demanding absolute proof.

(PM is OK if you don’t feel comfortable talking openly in the thread, btw.)
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Background Pony #658D  
There was. Footage of this has been hard to find but back then there was still some news footage of it. They had him inside their vehicle before he was being kneeled on in the street. He was so out of control they had to take him out. He was also on meth and fentanyl. Relevant to him dying or not I cannot say but that’s what happened and what he had in him.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@CaptainXtra
Maybe you could help the discussion by first saying what it is that you think is wrong with their stance.
Otherwise you appear to be once again dropping interesting topics in this thread in the hopes others will talk about it without contributing to the discussion yourself.

Allow me to respond with this:

Oh European Union, when will you stop being riddled with greedy representatives?

There’s a thing going around asking for signatures in the EP which comes from Danish MP who is FOR the patent protection.

full

A link to where I got this from:  
https://twitter.com/woelken/status/1390398516875431945?s=21
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #7E8D  
We’re exchanging opinions in this thread, not objective truths. We call your demand for absolute proof a silly thing, because that’s exactly what it is.  
Ciaran already explained you that several times in great detail. How dense do you have to be to still not get it?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
@Background Human

Even math does not provide absolute proof, technically speaking. Just an approximation of natural forces extrapolated on using a limited, internal view of the universe.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@CaptainXtra  
You’re still basically using this thread as the “Shinanigans” thread, posting that you think the EU is “riddled with greedy representatives” which seems more like a political vent than any kind of discussion of why the EU might be doing what it’s doing, or what you think about it other than that it shows, to you, that the EU is “riddled with greedy representatives”.

The point I was trying to make is that you frequently post “What do you think about this?” posts. If this were a genuine discussion style thread, that would probably be ok, but this thread has very special rules.

In this thread, your posts are what we would normally categorize as “posting things to see what catches fire”. In other words, because you never express your opinions about the ‘shinanigans’ you post here, you appear to be trolling the thread to see what kind of drama you can stir up.

Even your reply really does appear to be an attempt to create drama or to promote a petition.

So … if you want to talk about something political, then this is the place for it. But if you want to just post a link to something to see what others think about it, or to see what kind of drama you can create between other users of this thread, please stop.

What you’re doing would be fine in any other thread, I think. But for this thread, please stop. It’s not appropriate in this thread.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #658D

As far as I understand he was compliant with the officers except when they told him to get in their cruiser, citing claustrophobia and anxiety. He did resist attempts to place him in the cruiser, although the first responders did manage it. It was only after Chauvin arrived that he was dragged out of the car and then knelt on.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
People who blame the hiring problems on the mergerly increased unemployment benefits are fucking morons.

An extra 300 bucks doesn’t do shit for the unemployed nor the indebted, certainly not enough to encourage people to try and live off it.

Have a mortgage for a hot minute and tell me what an extra 300 a month really does.

No, the hiring issue is because people are finally getting sick of working shitty jobs for shitty pay, and shortsighted companies are starting to see the effects of making “cost cutting” your strategy. Cost cutting is not a growth strategy, it’s an emergency measure. If you think cost cutting is the best way to stimulate growth, please never start a business, ever. In fact, please cease interaction with the capitalist engine entirely. You’re too stupid and will break something.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Ciaran

300 dollars is one trip to the Giant Food for me and my gf to stock up for a week or so on food and other bits.

These out of touch rich fucks, and their legion of sycophantic “temporarily displaced millionaires” are absolutely pathetic.
DarkBrawlerCF1994

One month left until the EU’s Copyright Directive is implemented.

Whether it’s as dystopian as I and many others have feared, as well as the fallout and impact on my abilities to access and distribute memes, fan art, etc., remains to be seen.

The measures were already adopted two years ago, so it will be quite a mountainous political battle if it’s execution is as abhorrent as it’s concepts.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@DarkBrawlerCF1994  
We’re currently not even sure if most nations will even be able to meet the deadline date.

Hell the Commission doesn’t even seem to a date set for when they reveal the revised guidelines.

Things are pretty unclear at the moment.
DarkBrawlerCF1994

@CaptainXtra

Agreed.

We are still currently in a global pandemic, which has thrown an enormous wrench at some legal cogs, hence why some things are very unclear at the moment. The EU is probably more focused on Covid measures like vaccine passports and all that doohickey to try and make summer bustling again whilst still adhering to basic health and safety measures.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@AaronMk

Are you implying that Time Magazine’s 2001 Person of the Year and America’s Mayor doesn’t deserve either title, and that at least the Time Magazine honour should go to our Muslim brother Osama bin Laden?

@NitroFury

Apparently it was carried out by a girl, so at least america is making an attempt to close the gender gap in mass shootings.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide