Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I’m hearing that Russia suffered a school shooting of its own.

Seeing as how guns aren’t casually available over there, I wonder how Mr. Putin will deal with that matter provided that he even gives a shit.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
In response to the disappointing employment report a few days ago, Biden is now saying he’ll crackdown on unemployment benefits, saying people will lose them if they turn down job offers.

Welp. It was nice while it lasted, but honeymoon’s over and the neoliberal boomer is in full “Get back to work!” mode.

I guess it’s nice that he also offered platitudes about adequate minimum wages and stuff, but he’s not exactly in a rush to implement those so…
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
So Chase lost her fight for the GOP governor nomination to Youngton, a political newcomer from a reddish district. It actually came as a bit of a surprise to watchers, as he seemed to have very little support early on.

Still, he’ll likely be facing Terry McAuliffe, who already served a relatively popular term as governor and is one of the Dems best fundraisers. The Dems are also likely to be more united, as Chase’s wing of the VA GOP is already causing a fuss due to her loss.

Youngton, which I may be spelling wrong, faces long odds in VA. Northam has managed to recover from his incident a year and a half ago to end up being pretty popular, and Dems overall are scoring higher on popularity in VA than their GOP counterparts. Pot, police reforms, and voting rights policies in particular have scored high marks.

VA also managed to weather the covid storm pretty well comparatively. Our economy went into a recession, of course, but a much more shallow one than expected and we are already recovering.

Given his status as a relative newcomer, with very little name recognition, facing off against a popular former governor, with huge fundraising potential, in a climate where Dems are scoring higher marks, it looks like the GOP will have to wait a cycle to try and take back the governors mansion. They also likely won’t be able to take back the state house, given that places like Fairfax and Henrico have shifted hard blue.

The state Senate is another matter. While dems hold a majority, it’s a little more fluid, and we have yet to see what the independent redistricting process ends up handing them.

Most estimates suggest that Dems will come out better off, regardless of how it goes, given how much of a Republican bias the current maps have (which is less than they had after the court battle got them changed slightly). Any reorganization that makes the districts more even, especially districts in the New River Valley and coast areas, will favor dems. As cities like Roanoke and Blacksburg will have outsized effects on smaller, more even districts.
Background Pony #7EFA
@CaptainXtra  
Your elders will die off in 20 to 30 years, then you will become the elders and will have to listen to the little young shits and their dumb ideas demanding for you to just hurry up and die.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The attack on the east coast gas line shows first hand the vulnerability of a monopolized fuel industry and a system of transportation that relies on just one fuel source.

If you ever needed a non-environmental reason to support electrics, hybrids, and hydrogen cars, here it is.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Latecomer  
It’s called life experience Latecomer. When you actually own and accomplish something you worked hard for all your life your perspective changes. Just give it some time.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@silbasa  
No, it’s called becoming entitled and out of touch. Boomers grew up having everything handed to them, then applied themselves to ruin it for the younger generations. To paraphrase Pete Townshend, I hope I die before I become like that.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
Whatever happened to hydrogen fuel cells anyway? Those things seemed awesome, modulo the Hindenburging. And without all the environmental and geopolitical hazards of lithium mining.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@silbasa
If that’s the truth, I’d rather stay a NEET. But given that it’s you saying it, I really don’t see any reason to accept it as correct.

Unionize and take what you are owed but through the coercive force of organized labor at you and your comrade’s finger tips.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide