Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #1F81
Does anyone find the notion that anyone who joins the military/police is automatically an evil/horrible person to be really dumb?

Becuase this seems to be pretty popular line of thinking for a lot of leftists spaces i see, and i find it to be a pretty bad generalisation.

Yes the majority of those people are from the bird app, to no ones surprise
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

OUCH. EYGH! Goddamn! CNN reporting 10/10.

Mans put on the spot and had NO answer so she bitched out.

Ey CNN, at this point they don’t play. So what if they are morally bankrupt or support protests in solidarity with their plight–they’re out there trying to justify their own existence in a land they was born in. You tryna make it so that both sides are EQUALLY bad by trapping him into these kind of dumb questions go ahead. You ain’t coming out that one unharmed.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Ereiam
The irony of a Jewish state being against the ratification of a court that oversees the prosecution of war crimes such as genocide is really something special.
Innit? I swear they probably think it’s a funny joke or something. Like, they’re totally aware of the irony, to the point that:

Your US Department of State has THIS as part of the definition of Anti-Semitism. THIS:
Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israel policy to NAZI.
That’s a JOKE, right?!
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Assistant
Upload King
@Ereiam
Your US Department of State has THIS as part of the definition of Anti-Semitism. THIS:
Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israel policy to NAZI.
That’s a JOKE, right?!

Makes sense to me. It’s like comparing BLM to the KKK. Not only does it reveal a severely distorted perception of reality that is often attributable to bigotry, it is calculated to be hurtful to the groups targeted by equating them to their historic persecutors (often with the implicit intent of justifying their persecution), while trivializing the atrocities committed against them.
Latecomer

@Grave_Mind  
You know, this is a thread made specifically to contain that stuff away form the rest of the site? So your wish could be easily achieved by leaving it. In fact, I’m sort of at a loss why you even came here.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Grave_Mind  
Political discussions are bound to happen on websites, regardless of it’s original purpose. It’s just the nature of the internet.

And this is coming from someone who once tried to be as apolitical as possible.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@Latecomer
I’ll take a billion Twilicorn-gates if it means political discussion is kept as far away from this fandom as humanly possible. I am not joking.

would you be interested in taking the grill pill for eternal peace
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@WatermelonRat  
If I lived with an abusives alcoholic dad and I hate him so much, but I turn out to be an abusive alcoholic dad to my child, wouldn’t it be appropriate to then CALL ME OUT for it? Saying stuff like “he’s not his dad, not even close. his alcholism is different, his abuse was different, his child is different. Implying that he’s like his dad is offensive to him.”

and that would be correct. it WOULD be offensive to me, BUT, it would remind me that maaaaybe, I’m turning into the monster I once despised. Calling me for acting like my dad DOES NOT trivialize the abuse I’ve suffered under him. What is this bullshit?

Telling everybody that Israel literally can’t be Nazi feels like giving them free pass to eventually gas palestinians and break their windows, knowing they at the very least, they will never be. BY DEFINITION. Nazis.
Background Pony #1F81
TBF “Arguing about politics on a site made for my little pony fans” really doesn’t sound like a good hill to die on.
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Assistant
Upload King
@tehwatever  
Let me put it another way. Earlier you took umbrage at the news equating the two sides here, but the gap between the Israelis and Palestinians now is far smaller than the gap between Israel and the Nazis. It’s a completely inappropriate comparison.
Background Pony #B58B
@Latecomer
I’ll take a billion Twilicorn-gates if it means political discussion is kept as far away from this fandom as humanly possible. I am not joking.
You know, in all the times I’ve seen it, this argument has never made much sense to me. I mean, I get people who don’t want to see politics because they want a break from real world problems for a moment, but being fine with people losing their minds in anger over a fictional character getting wings and simultaneously upset with people who are angry over decisions that actually affect the lives of millions of people strikes me as a seriously misguided set of priorities.

In any case it’s a moot point, since the “politics” and “politics in the comments” tags have results that go back to the earliest days of this site, so like it or not, there has pretty much always been political discussions of some variety here.
Latecomer

@tehwatever  
It’s a worrying tendency, but the Nazis are simply too emotive a topic to hope that any Israeli (or most non-Israelis) will listen to you. It’s basically an “ignore me” button.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@WatermelonRat  
Give it time. Because at the rate it’s going, I’m sure it’ll get there eventually.  
So what. We gonna act like they’re not headed towards some violent nationalist, superior-race ideology? given Israel’s current attitude?  
Whatever it is, you better call them out on it.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Latecomer  
Israel’s a bitch. Ain’t no two ways about it. Contemporary Israel is not a Nazi, but it’s still a beeeetch. There. I hope their gas canisters explode in their faces.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide