Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #F447
@igotnopicks  
Was never going to happen, though I do wish we didn’t end up with only two parties. You can choose the identity obsessed liars on the left, or the nationalism obsessed liars on the right.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@Penguin Dragneel
Well George Washington warned us not to have any parties.

George Washington was also a dumb bitch planter who was only into it to acquire mass social and financial credit, and then boot himself into god-hood when he acquired all Earthly honors. He may have been in Virginia government, but never did anything with it. As such, never knew how his class handled politics.
Background Pony #A429
  1. Because it seems to be a unofficial rule that you must be part of a corporation.  
  2. Agreed with Natry. I feel the union might likely not want to participate in a European war either since they probably don’t want other countries involved.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@AaronMk  
You didn’t answer the question. Are Parties a good thing for America? That’s the question. Not say that they will occur are they good is the question.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@igotnopicks

They are a thing which happens. They arise as a result of the circumstances. To say that they are good or bad is to say that it is good or bad water flows down hill. You make a political community, and interests form along class or professional lines. Simple as.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
This is bad answer. As we have seen. With both main parties right now.

This is again immaterial. They are doing what they are supposed to do. Represent their constituent parts of the ruling, governing class. In particular to attempt to leverage their power to get the immediate problems resolved.

The journal Chuang explains it better:

… there is always a risk of attributing more agency to presidents, chairmen and assorted billionaires than is deserved. The reality is that decisions made at the helms of states or corporations are always made in response to material limits confronted by complex political and economic systems. The ruling class is a designator for a non-homogenous array of individuals who hold decision-making positions within these citadels of political-economic power, for whom the continuation of the status quo is of the utmost priority. But these individuals sit in highly structured positions, beholden to the built-in demands of shareholders (for higher profit) and political constituencies (for minimal levels of stability and prosperity—not so much the requirement that things get better but simply that they don’t get too bad too fast). There is thus no real malicious intent behind such decisions, nor is there the ability for such holders of power to truly transform or break free from the system itself. They are chained to it just as we all are, though they find themselves chained to its top.
The entire process is, therefore, one of contingent adaptations, rather than ruling class conspiracy. Its product is not that of a hidden, scheming council of elites, but simply the result of the continual experimentation through which different factions of the ruling class attempted to resolve the budding crisis and failed, their efforts then replaced by new, untested possibilities put forward by new leaders generating new outcomes that had to be dealt with in turn. The process is one of continual transformation in response to the local manifestations of the global decline in profitability. “Neoliberalism” is therefore not a fully conscious, casually malicious political program, as some authors would have it,[7] but simply a term attributed to a loose consensus that formed around numerous local solutions to the crisis that seemed to overcome short-term limits at the time. The prominence of an increasingly militarized state in this period is itself a symptom of the fundamental incoherence of this consensus, since the management of the ever-building, ever-deferred yet ever-present crisis grows more and more monumental. We have today finally reached the point at which this consensus is collapsing in the face of declining global trade and rising tides of populist nationalism, even while the massive military apparatus that accreted atop global supply chains remains, driven by its own inertia.

• Chuang, Second Edition. Red Dust under Convergent Crisises

Viewing the matters of parties in terms of absolute morality misses the forest for the trees. In facts it create an entirely new forest to fixate on in favor of the immediate and the material reality. And I’m going to make another citation to the ongoing Cushvlog project of Matt Christman. While he develops out his ideas over multiple videos on different days as the ideas develop, he discusses at least for a moment about how the view of something being “good” or “bad” is inherently short-sighted in this stream . Don’t ask me for the time stamp because I’m too lazy for that. But the essential point is: so what if something is “good” or “bad” because that changes nothing. So what if the police are good, or bad? Because that doesn’t change what is materially happening and convincing people to agree on this doesn’t reach towards policy. So what if parties are “good” or “bad”? It doesn’t change the fact they are the culmination of class interest(s) through history in a political sphere and emerge and evolve as a response to these criseses and pressures of the time and place.

What is a materially important question that does anything is: What are you going to do about that? And what I’m going to say is: you’re going to need to form a party somewhere along that line.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
So i’ve done some more research into the whole Israel-Palestine conflict and I came to this conclusion…

It ain’t a conflict between equals by any means as Palestine is definitely the underdog that’s usually hanging by a thread compared to Israel.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@NitroFury  
I don’t know exactly why, but Americans from both sides often have a very unwavering support for Israel. The country is more than just a handy ally in a strategic location. I believe it to be a mix of religion and an ideology of some kind I have never fully grasped. We can see it in action now for instance in how the normally very vocal Biden is unusually quiet when it comes to anything Israel. To me it’s just another country…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide