Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Latecomer  
Nice one. Knee and everything.

You see there is the old adage “live and let live”. A fine adage it is. The left should give that a go.

Trying to force parts of the world to be about me and my minority only leads to nowhere good. For the world and the minority in question, whatever group it refers to.
Background Pony #C1E8
@Latecomer  
Their are also geopolitical reasons to side with Israel as well, it’s not a hatred of Islam. I think we’ve done too much for them personally, but that whole region is an odd tangle.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Some states within that group are a lot better than others. There’s nothing better than them overall, I think… but a hundred or even fifty years ago, was there anything as good?
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

Here’s why that this assertion just simply doesn’t work in this case, here: this vocal minority has managed to completely worm its way into—and rapidly proliferate in—countless major and minor institutions of almost all kinds throughout this country, meaning that it no longer matters whether or not it’s a vocal minority, but that it now has the ability to effectively brainwash and gaslight possibly hundreds of thousands—if not, millions—of people into believing their lies, and/or their distortions of the objective, indisputable truth.
This is the danger that I’m greatly concerned of, and seems as if nobody else that happens to lie anywhere on the left side of the political spectrum but me has been in staunch, unwavering opposition to such absolutely unjustifiable insanity that is practically flourishing unchecked in liberal, progressive, and/or leftist-dominated institutions.

Anyone who spouts the usual “march through the institutions” cliche has never actually been to college. Most students, whether they’re in preschool, high school, or university, couldn’t care less what their teachers say. They’ll mouth along with whatever platitudes they need to to get their degree so that they have a better chance of surviving in a highly-competitive job market. Belief only rarely has anything to do with it.

This is a kind of conservatism that appeals to anxious parents and no one else. It’s for people who think that the only reason their children don’t believe what they’re “supposed” to is because some outside influence has brainwashed them.
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
Not optimum, but as good as we can make it currently at this stage in history in regards to laws and rights. In the west you can within reason be what you want to be. Not many other places that’s possible. Look at what you have before you discard it.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
The thing about stages of history is that we don’t move onto the next one by standing still and thinking we’re perfect.

And “the west” is a broad place. Which country do you think best embodies what you speak of?
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@silbasa  
Okay, that encompasses a wide range of jurisdictions with varying degrees of respect for human rights, individual liberties, and social welfare, and pretty much only one thing in common.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@silbasa  
I agree with this, 100%.

@silbasa  
Yep it is pretty good ||Though honestly, I am becoming increasingly sympathetic to the idea that all this libertine social attitudes was just a power vacuum and not a coherent social order in its own right which is why you see such radical social justice marching through our society. ||

@Background Human  
pretty much only one thing in common.

One thing in common? Explain if you don’t mind.

@Latecomer  
we don’t move onto the next one by standing still and thinking we’re perfect.

That is still a good point.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Max freedom? If the US represents “max freedom” then the ceiling of freedoms is a low one indeed.

We are currently having a fierce battle over whether or not adults can smoke a leaf, if two consenting adults can fuck and marry if they are the same sex, if women have full autonomy over their bodies, and other supposed liberties we are currently lacking.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
America has the highest in both total number of imprisoned citizens and highest rate of imprisonment per capita.

“Land Of The Free” is as big a lie as “Land of Opportunity”.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

Land of the free where militarized police can bust down the door to the wrong house and then the state can refuse to repay the damages. Also the freedom for the police to seize any money they find there in the name of civil forfeiture.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide