Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I wonder if insurance covers “getting leveled by rocket fire.” Considering the frequency of it happening, I’m pretty sure a few companies are insured against attacks both from Israel and Hamas.

Kinda cool how Israel bomb media buildings and then say “we know our targets, don’t worry we know what we’re doing. we don’t fire indiscriminately, unlike SOME people! looks at Hamas.

well. Good to know they flat out hate mass media. Now if only they would rocket fire CNN or BBC…
Background Pony #99CC
@Latecomer  
While I do agree that it’s not necessarily the worst possible thing to potentially occur in world history, it is STILL completely unnecessary, and is something that not only should absolutely never happen, but is also something that has utterly no good-enough reasons_—nor any justification—for it, at _all.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Democracy is grand, but the one the US utilizes needs some serious overhaul. Gerrymandering, the Filibuster, corporate lobbying and other elements of cronyism, all need to go. And things like the war on drugs, the surveillance state, and private prisons need to be torn down.

Then religious people need to get it through their skulls that the separation of church and state is a good thing for both churches, and the state.

All of that would go a long way to making America the actual land of the free.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Reminder that it is antisemitic to draw a comparison of contemporary Israel policy to Nazi.

However. It is NOT antimsemitic to say that there might probably fascists and racists in Israel’s ministry.

HOWEVER! It is antisemitic to imply that the existence of Israel to be a racist endeavor.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Zincy  
I think term limits would do a great deal of good for our democracy. If presidents could only serve one term, they might focus on actually doing their job instead of campaigning for reelection. If supreme court justices did not serve for life, one party packing the courts would be less of a concern. If senators could only serve one term, there wouldn’t be a bunch of withered old fucks controlling the country.

Of course, such a measure would have to be approved by those in power, and the only way they would agree to limit their power is if you made them vote at gunpoint.
Background Pony #99CC
@Latecomer  
Even if there are “good ideas/reasons/intentions” at the centers of these particular movements, it absolutely needs to be “reigned in” as you say, yet reigning it in, as well as ruthlessly questioning and scrutinizing it, has to be as big of a priority.

@Zincy  
I actually agree with you on all these points, except for gerrymandering (there are more nuances to it in what I’ve read about it, so I’m not going to make a decision on that, yet), filibusters (again, I don’t know enough about it to make it a decision on where I should stand, in regards to it), corporate lobbying (depends on what type of corporate lobbying it is), the War on Drugs (although I do believe that simply using the drugs—and not outright producing and/or distributing it—should be treated as a misdemeanor, and not a felony), ‘surveillance state’ (depends on the extent of it), and private prisons (Depends on what you mean by—and deem as being—private prisons).

(NOTE: All of these things that I appear to disagree with you on, right here, are not permanent or fully-formulated stances of mine—I still need time to research them and to come to an actual conclusion on them. I’m just stating what I currently already know and/or think of these issues, at the moment.)

Also, I responded to your reply to me that you posted nearly a week ago, yesterday. I think it’s incredibly important that you read it because it contains a crucial information that may help you and others out in the long run, regarding the movement to redefine “white supremacy”.

Here it is.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Mans put on the spot and had NO answer so she bitched out.
Ey CNN, at this point they don’t play. So what if they are morally bankrupt or support protests in solidarity with their plight–they’re out there trying to justify their own existence in a land they was born in. You tryna make it so that both sides are EQUALLY bad by trapping him into these kind of dumb questions go ahead. You ain’t coming out that one unharmed.
Background Pony #C1E8
@kleptomage  
I’m for term limits, but I think 1 year is too low. I don’t have an issue with politicians doing a good job, getting things done, and getting reelected. I also think Supreme Court term limits would still have issues with the election getting super bitter over the courts. You’d have to set the court limit with a constitutional amendment to keep the packing at bay, and then people will just fight every election since they know some court replacements are coming up. That still happens now, but I think having a set date will ramp it up a bit more.

I’d say set the legislatures to at least 2 terms, for the courts I have no idea. The Democrats and Republicans have politicized it to such a point that even a well qualified judge won’t stand a chance if the nominating party doesn’t control the Senate.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide