Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #F447
@NitroFury  
Like beyond meat? I haven’t seen anyone really against it. Some people spring up but no trends. The main complaints seem to be that sometimes it is pushed as being healthy and good tasting, but it really isn’t all that healthy.
Background Pony #F447
@NitroFury  
Yeah, I feel like beyond meat is kind of a novelty. I don’t see it taking off to be a massive thing, taking from real meat’s market share, but I can see it sticking around as a good novel alternative. It is good, but it isn’t meat.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

OH COME ON! That’s a low blow! Watch where you’re shooting–I thought you’re good at this?!

REF! That’s cheating! Blowing up hospitals and covid testing labs is cheating!

I thought you guys are the most moral army in the world (according to PragerU)!

I expect this kind of bull from Hamas, I don’t expect it from the strongest military in the region by far and the only democratic shining beacon of western enlightenment and excellent morals in the middle east!
Latecomer

@tehwatever  
There’s a limit to precision when bombing such a dense city where all the actual targets are hidden. (Which is why, of course, you really shouldn’t do it as long as there’s any more reasonable option.)
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Latecomer  
There is a more reasonable option but they decide not to. Look it’s no secret that both factions want to strike fear into the others. It’s no longer “oh uh but I need to defend myself” it’s already a matter of “imma beat the shit out of you.” I mean, if you weigh these options:

death of hamas personnel but destruction of FUCKING HOSPITAL vs hamas escapes but hospital is running, and you decide “well, their problem. I just want Hamas dead” then it’s no longer self defense. it’s intimidation, it’s flexing.

I’d RATHER Israel openly say in CNN or MSNBC or BBC flat out that “yeah fuck these guys they dirty anyway” because that’s what Israel say in less public scenes, anyway. Stop trying to do gather sympathy or play the antisemite card because it’s getting boring.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
In more MAGA Death Cult news, Texas now makes it illegal for government entities or public schools to mandate wearing masks.

After a certain point I almost want Republicans to do this stuff. After a certain point it’s just natural selection.

Unfortunately their obsession with getting themselves killed is being done with a contagious disease, so people who don’t want to die is gonna die with them.

Qaren, after her week long nation touring date with PizzaGaetz, throws a hissy fit over the proposed commission to investigate the Jan 6 insurrection. Also she randomly Whataboutisms BLM to deflect.

This woman is unwell. That’s basically the central theme to her near weekly outbursts at this point.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The most asinine belief I see from conservatives is this belief that someone else’s progress is inherently detrimental to them.

Take living wages.

A lot of Republicans counter that fast food workers are mostly teens and retirees. This is false, of course, as the average age of minimum wage workers is actually 35, but lets analyze their statement at face value.

Why does it matter? Why does it matter, to you, if fast food workers of any age get paid well? Or “low skill” workers of any profession? How does their pay affect you? It doesn’t, but I understand their failed logic.

To them, it somehow inherently devalues their own work/job/life, or it devalues the system as a whole. Same thing with gay marriage. They see it as somehow being a threat to the concept of marriage, and to their own probably very fragile and loveless marriage to their cousins.

If every fast food worker in the US started making 50k a year, the very worst that would happen would be the cost of your Big Mac going up a bit, despite the fact that it wouldn’t need to as the company could easily eat the cost.

The emphasis on cost cutting that started in the 80s has been the worst thing to happen to strategy theory…other than Six Sigma.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Pro-Trump Republicans claim that the rioters were Antifa while at the same time claiming they were also normal visitors.

Jesus Christ, the hypocrisy cannot be measured with these MAGA goons.
Background Pony #F447
The most asinine belief I see from conservatives is this belief that someone else’s progress is inherently detrimental to them.

Honest question here, but you do realize that the left believes the same thing, right? That’s where the idea that capitalism is a zero sum game comes from. It’s why politicians use Bezos making a profit during Coronavirus as a quick phrase to illicit emotion.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #F447  
Except, when it comes to wealth repartition, it has been proven time and time again that excessive inequality (especially when it comes at the expense of the middle class) is detrimental to society as a whole.  
Wealth doesn’t trickle down, it gets hoarded by the super-rich and the rest is all the poorer from it.
Background Pony #C1E8
@Ereiam  
Nothing of what you said is evidence that capitalism is a zero sum gain though, or that Bezos making money at a time where his company was in high demand is something to be particularly unhappy about. It’s evidence that poorly implemented economic theory doesn’t work, but I didn’t claim it would.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #C1E8  
Capitalism isn’t quite a zero-sum game though: economic growth could benefit everyone (it once did, back before the 80s and the neoliberal revolution), even if the rich get a slightly larger piece of the pie.  
That’s not how it work in the current system though: those at the very top keep nearly all the pie and the rest are left with the crumbs.  
full
Background Pony #C1E8
@Ereiam  
That’s a separate argument regarding what kind of inequality is acceptable, how much of a focus we should have on economic growth, how much focus should be different wealth brackets. My point is what we both agree on, that capitalism, and our system, is not a zero sum game, even if the wealthy have a disproportionate portion.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide