Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
More VA news, our unemployment rates have dropped almost to pre-pandemic levels. Sits at around 4.7, which isn’t superb but still puts us in the upper half charts.

68% (little over 50% for all residents total) of VA adults have gotten at least one shot, with around 40 something being fully vaxed. Our positivity rate has dropped below 3%, and has consistently dropped for 7 days other than a little blip last Sunday.

No new bills to report on, but we did recently have a county of dumbasses threaten to secede to West Virginia.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The Ford Lightning disproves a standard refrain of that the good’ol boys give about why they won’t buy electric.

Damn thing has higher torque than most gas models, excellent towing capacity, and nearly 400 miles on a single full charge.

There’s your electric super truck, now just admit that you only reject electric out of spite and ignorance.
Background Pony #1F81
Manhunt for ‘heavily-armed, far-right’ Belgian soldier who threatened pro-vaccine virologist

Belgium is currently on a manhunt for a Far-Right anti-vax soldier after he was reported to have some guns and rocket launchers from a military base and for posting death threats towards a Belgian scientist who was Pro-Vax.

It’s scary to see that some people are so far down the pipeline that they are willing to try and murder someone over the vaccine.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I finally watched the bodycam footage from the Greene arrest.

It’s hard to have sympathy for cops when you watch one repeated kick a man in the kidneys while he’s sprawled out prone and moaning in pain.

That officer was probably the type of kid who kicked puppies to death.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Zincy  
Ford’s own media says otherwise:

F-150 Lightning offers two options: a standard-range battery targeting 230 miles of EPA-estimated range and an extended-range battery targeting 300 miles of EPA-estimated range.

It’s important to note that the estimated range is under ideal conditions. In real world use, the range is going to be less and likely not more than double digits if you’re towing a heavy load. A gas or diesel truck can tow across the whole country with only 5 minute stops for fuel. Battery tech has a long way to go before it is equal to internal combustion.

You may be partly right about the spite, though. I don’t like overbearing liberals trying to dictate what everyone is allowed to drive. It’s shortsighted at best and oppressive at worst to try to get rid of internal combustion while ignoring that electric power is not suitable for every application and furthermore ignoring the thousands of planes in the air at any given moment and all the gigantic ships burning vast amounts of fuel dirtier than what’s in any vehicle on the road.

If you really want to reduce pollution from transportation, you need a diverse approach because our transportation needs are diverse. You need carbon neutral synthetic fuel, which we have the technology to make right now. Supporting production of synthetic fuel for planes and consumer vehicles so that it undercuts the price of regular gasoline would do far more good for the environment than trying to force everyone to drive an EV.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Big Tech is also having problems with getting people to come back to work. But their problem is more nuanced than simply being unable to find people willing to do the job; their problem is that nobody wants to come back to work over working from home.

Their solution? Offer a $30k raise to come back to the office. But reportedly only 1 in 3 are taking the offer. Over 60% prefer working from home over the raise.

This is interesting because the average median for tech employees is something like $107k. So a $30k increase is still substantial, but there’s still many who are looking at that and saying “Cool, but I can live with what I’m making now.”
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
How to ruin your announcement starring Anthony Bouchard. Go against Liz Cheney say you impregnated a 14 year old while you were 18.

Okay the Republicans are not even trying anymore.
doloresbridge
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
Bouchard said they later got married with the blessing of her mother, and took care of the child. Bouchard and the girl married when he was 19 and she was 15, the Casper Star-Tribune reported. He added that they got divorced about three years later, and she died by suicide at the age of 20.
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
@Zincy

Let’s see it do anything remotely like that in cold weather. At the same purchase price as fossil-fuel vehicles.

And then let’s see charging stations as ubiquitous as gas stations are now, because that’s what it will take to keep a nation-sized fleet of electric vehicles rolling.

Oh, and the electricity has to come from sources that’re significantly cleaner than what current vehicles are burning for any of that to matter.

Talk to me when you’ve tagged all four of those. Until then, any talk about the virtues of electric vehicles is empty hype.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
I don’t know if I said this before, when a Democratic Politician gets caught doing something pedophilic; Conservatives will talk about to no end, but when a Republican gets caught doing something pedophilic; Conservatives freak the fuck out.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide