Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Man, if you go on Twitter, you’ll find Conservatives lumping Palestinians and Hamas together, when Hamas and Palestinians are two different types of people.
Background Pony #A429
@Goku Black  
Interesting, but i have my doubts it will succeed. But meh, if they want to be conservative, so be it.

Guarantee the map of the us will be different a few years from now.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@Ereiam

And that’s the problem with Conservatives, they forgot how nuances work. It’s like comparing an apple to an orange, both are fruit, but are different kinds fruit. That’s a very simple nuance that a child can do it. Now how come Conservatives can never understand the difference between Hamas and Palestinians?
Background Pony #1F81
@Penguin Dragneel  
That happens alot with them (And even with a few people here).

Everytime someone on the left fucks up they are more then happy to obsess over it, but whenever someone on their side fucks up or does something shitty, it’s always “DOGWHISTLE!” “They are not one of us!” “IT’S A DAMN DIRTY LEFTIST TRYING TO MAKE US LOOK BAD!”
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@Penguin Dragneel
That happens alot with them (And even with a few people here).
Everytime someone on the left fucks up they are more then happy to obsess over it, but whenever someone on their side fucks up or does something shitty, it’s always “DOGWHISTLE!” “They are not one of us!” “IT’S A DAMN DIRTY LEFTIST TRYING TO MAKE US LOOK BAD!”

I don’t really disagree here, but “dogwhistle” is almost exclusively a liberal term, so I don’t think it fits.
NitroFury
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@NitroFury
Because they don’t like having members of their side exposed for who they really are.

And that’s really sad, cause they know pedophiles are hiding among them, but these smoothed brains Conservitards on Twitter will get into a fight with you if you as so much as point it out. They’re like the Brony Community, minus the ponies.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Newt Gingrich is on with Hannity right now. If you ever wanted to know how someone can say “[Insert Group Here] hates America and are anti-American!” over and over, he’ll show you how.

Other than the hilarity of trying to be the patriotic party after 5+ years of bootlicking for an orange illiterate who bootlicks for literally every nationality but America, or the fact that we’re like 2 days removed from a sitting GOP Senator going on a twitter fit crying “Why can’t America be Russia?”, it further reaffirms that Republicans don’t have anything to say but the same canned responses they’ve been carting out for decades.

Also, that’s literally virtue signaling. I thought that was a bad thing but okay.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

I had a weird state level version of that happen.

Had someone accuse me of not being a true Virginian because I wasn’t a Christian conservative.

You’ll not find someone who loves his state more than me. I feel a hole in my heart if I don’t see the Appalachian Mountains at least once a month. I have almost every historical fact about this state memorized.

But because I’m a liberal, and not a Christian, I’m not a “real southerner”.

I got a basement full of shine, a beat up old Ford, I know a million ways to grow a tomato, and I know the best night is one spent out where the crickets and frogs are as loud as possible and you’ve got a case full of the good stuff.

Pisses me off that there are gatekeepers to patriotism. Half these limp-dicked fuckers would never serve their nation, but they see themselves as the ultimate patriots.
Latecomer

@Zincy  
Looking at the recent changes there, you might be a better reflection of modern Virginia. Of course, pointing that out probably won’t improve their mood.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The bills would require fact checkers to register with the office of the state’s secretary of state, and to insure themselves with a $1 million bond against the possibility of fines in the amount of $1,000 any time state officials find something has been incorrectly reported. The legislation would also allow anyone to sue fact checkers for “wrongful conduct” that violates Michigan state laws.

The lead sponsor of the bills, Rep. Matt Maddock, introduced the idea last Thursday — three days after World Press Freedom Day.

Maddock and his wife, Meshawn Maddock, who is co-chair of the state’s Republican Party, have failed several fact checks of their own, including over statements they have made downplaying the seriousness of the coronavirus pandemic and falsely alleging that there was election fraud in the state during the 2020 elections.

The legislation, if passed, would likely violate the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. It would also likely violate Michigan’s own state Constitution, which reads:
“Every person may freely speak, write, express and publish his views on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of such right; and no law shall be enacted to restrain or abridge the liberty of speech or of the press.”

Imagine being so against telling the truth that you start screaming at people who tell you are lying instead of, you know, telling the truth.
Backgroundpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Human  
“Fact Checkers” on the pay roll of big tech.  
“Fact Checkers” on the pay roll of the goverment.

Both options suck. Especially since no-one these days seem to care about truth yet alone telling truth to power.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide