Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Art as a media has always been a way of reflecting on real life, both in subtle and overt ways. This is not new, by any means. It’s a concept that has existed since before most modern civilizations even existed.

Sometimes the message is a wholly fantastical one steeped in allegory, other times it’s an incredibly overt and on the nose critique.

Not every video game needs to have a political message, but to say that there should be none, or that they all should avoid real life politics in their entirety is frankly fucking idiotic. It displays an incredible lack of understanding of artistic and entertainment mediums, at best, or an intentional agenda at worst.

Feel free to criticize individual games and devs, of course. The existence of a message in a story does not mean the story and message will be good, and it’s fine and expected to criticize that.

But to make stupid blanket statements like keeping all politics out of games, or that the politics should be of a wholly fantastic and illusory sort is just plain dumb.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@silbasa  
You know, if you don’t like that kind of games, all you have to do is not play them. I’m sure there are plenty of other games where you can find your escapism.  
If developers want to insert agenda into their games, that’s their prerogative. Ultimately, the only criteria they care about to confirm whether that’s a good idea or not is the sales numbers: market logic dictates that unsuccessful products be dropped, so if those games are as unwelcome as you make them to be, what do you have to worry about?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@CaptainXtra  
1st worlder milennials and genz: we’re not having kids! Fuck you boomers

Muslim and 3rd worlder milennials and genz who dont’ care, and are still having kids: Wouldn’t it be cool if my son was a raider in post apocalypse eating radscorpions?

Epiphany: everybody who is young in post apocalypse are 3rd worlders and muslim, because the 1st worlders refused to breed.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
This BlackRock head fund is an existential threat to the wellbeing of millions of Americans and their leadership should be rounded up as national security threats.

A multinational company with foreign interests buying up huge swaths of US land wholesale, well above asking price, for the purpose of market destabilization, how can that not be considered an out right threat to the nation?
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
This BlackRock head fund is an existential threat to the wellbeing of millions of Americans and their leadership should be rounded up as national security threats.
A multinational company with foreign interests buying up huge swaths of US land wholesale, well above asking price, for the purpose of market destabilization, how can that not be considered an out right threat to the nation?

sounds like just any other tech start up. SoftBank fueled disrupter moment
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I propose a change, if a game contains irl political topics it should be labeled so that those that are not interested can avoid it, like the UK system seen here or the ESRB system.

full

If its a game that’s considered “art” like Dear Esther or Gone Home that should be labeled as well since they are so terrible 😋
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@silbasa  
I agree.  
Labeling your contents correctly do be the way to go. Food stuff requires that you label all the ingredients. Restaurants in Spain highly recommends labeling for possible triggers of common allergies. Would be a plus if you have vegan labels too.

Labeling works with “political” and “art” would help ppl avoid or be interested in it. Just like…you know, tagging. Even in hentai sites like Dlsite.jp it shows you tags like breasts, butt, rape, ntr, tentacle, scat and all other stuff that ppl may or may not want to avoid.

So I’m sincerely for the idea of labeling and tagging your games. No joke.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
Biden In Europe: 4 Lessons - Communist

Tl;Dr - The Biden trip to Europe illuminates the US’s decline as the sole, or one of two super powers if prior to the nineties. Despite NATO, Biden and the US state has to exert considerably more effort for the slightest concessions from a Europe moving away from the US, as well as a rising China the makes global interdependencies far less centered on the United States.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I was watching a documentary on Nazi Germany earlier and I had a thought.

You have all these idiot conservatives that are like “intellectuals and the educated are fascists/communists/totalitarian”. Despite the fact that one of the first things that fascist, communist, and totalitarian regimes do is murder the intellectuals because they’re the ones smart enough to see through the lies.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
I saw this claim:

“The Roman Empire had centuries-old traditions of diversity, science, philosophy and culture (including sexual diversity).

In less than a generation all that was smashed by Christianity.

The Christians were militant and relentless.”

Basically, it’s saying that Christianity is easily the most toxic and invasive/destructive religion there is.

Personally, I’d agree.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
I saw this claim:
“The Roman Empire had centuries-old traditions of diversity, science, philosophy and culture (including sexual diversity).
In less than a generation all that was smashed by Christianity.
The Christians were militant and relentless.”

Basically, it’s saying that Christianity is easily the most toxic and invasive/destructive religion there is.
Personally, I’d agree.

No, not at all.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
You have all these idiot conservatives that are like “intellectuals and the educated are fascists/communists/totalitarian”. Despite the fact that one of the first things that fascist, communist, and totalitarian regimes do is murder the intellectuals because they’re the ones smart enough to see through the lies.

It’s #11 on the Fourteen Defining Characteristics of Fascism.

Go ahead, see how many looks worryingly familiar! By my last count we were around 11.5/14.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
Go ahead, see how many looks worryingly familiar! By my last count we were around 11.5/14.

When you when you rely on Umberto Eco and he’s just fucking like “lmao you can also be anything on this list or any combination of my rules and still not be a fascist”

Most useless fucking definition of fascism. His worse fiction title!
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
It’s really not. Eco’s list is very different. Britt’s list is just “stuff I don’t like about the Bush Jr. administration”.

It’s all rooted in the same foundation. And that foundation is wrong.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide