Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Dustcan  
You pretty much dunk the republicans all day every day in here at least while the left gets a pass. You have to see both sides to get the full picture.

@CaptainXtra  
Any one of these idelogues can be a danger. Dont give one a pass over the others.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Dustcan
You pretty much dunk the republicans all day every day in here at least while the left gets a pass. You have to see both sides to get the full picture.

Considering you’ve been pretty shy on the aforementioned dunking, even when it was fully warranted, yet never miss an opportunity to take potshots at the left, you’ll forgive me for doubting that you really get the full picture yourself.
Background Pony #1F81
I notice the people who keep complaining about how people only “target the one side and don’t call out anything on their side” are often hypocrites that d the exact same thing they are shaming everyone else for.
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ereiam  
Someone in here has to provide some counter balance. If I want to know what the right is up to I can just read up right here.

@Dustcan  
Well you sure are fast on the draw when the right triggers you…
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Calling out racism is bad. Silbasa knows that.  
But after seeing the Nike ad The Land of the New Game I may start to understand why Silbasa is a bit miffed.

The problem I see with big, culture influencer, capitalist corporate brands suddenly be making major attempts at selling to a woke market is the following:

These brands aren’t woke. They just see a woke market. They havent changed the way they market and sell and make money. They’re about as willing to drain your already empty pocket as before, nothing much has changed there.

It therefore makes these woke ads attempts at appealing to woke youth seem… disingenuous at best, sinister at worst.

Now–I don’t mind the message in the ad. Diversity and stuff. Racism is bad, Nazis are bad, if there was a white person in the ad then it’s a pregnant woman or gay man, etc.

But I just have this feeling that it may, just slightly, be trying too hard.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Also most woke ads make it seem that being woke means discarding any semblance of humility and humbleness and just be out there being obnoxious and artsy and rebellious and stuff.

I personally, dislike that.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@silbasa

Which cities? The only cities on fire I know of are the ones caused by wildfires. Wildfires caused/worsened by climate change.

Say, speaking of Bothsidesism, which side denies climate change and which side at least admits science is real?
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Dustcan  
I think he meant the fires that happened around people rioting.

Of course, he probably won’t acknowledge the documented fact that at least some of those fires got lit by the Proud Boys in a blatant false flag attempt. But BSAB, amirite?
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Dustcan  
That’s quite a generalization. There were some fires set in American cities last summer I recall. The democrats did not seem all that interested in stopping them.

@Ereiam  
And how many of these riots had antifa agitators in them?

@tehwatever  
They are. It’s getting a bit odd.

Both sides have bad aspects. Both have good. Nowadays the extremes get the spotlight. Thats a shame. I wonder how much the silent majority, if it even exist, notices all of this. I miss a more moderate political climate.
Latecomer

@tehwatever  
If society is so against racism that even people who don’t care find being against racism in their best interests… isn’t that called victory?

@silbasa  
Fire-starting rioters must be fought. So must Republicans and the unleashed capitalist machine and military-industrial complex and so on.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Ereiam

No I remember some arson happening during BLM riots. Shoot, that’s where the laughable CNN “Fiery but peaceful” chyron from (speaking of Bothsidesism users…).

But. Like. Between Silbasa’s own comparison, there’s a big difference between the occasional Starbucks getting torched and an attack on the federal government up to and including an attempt on the VP’s life.

And/Especially then, those cities where some businesses did get burned and/or vandalized are still standing. I know we become the ‘United States of Corporate America’ more and more everyday, but a handful of businesses getting burned down in less than (IIRC) 5% of riots =/= cities.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Latecomer  
Says he, as he is getting suckered into spending more than he earned on things he wished he never have bought, but did because he thought he was making a statement against the old ways.

But the old ways are still here. It just has a new paintjob. See my problem?

I want woke brands. Brands that stop exploiting cheap overseas labor, not overcharge their goods, give their employees share of the company, give them better living wage and ensure their healthcare and education are covered. Give them the right to vote on major company decisions on the products THEY produce.

I don’t want brands that sell to woke people. That’s a victory I can do without.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

If anything this victory proves that “bread and circus” still works as crowd control, even on woke crowds!

This gives companies the confidence that these woke crowds are about as toothless as the crowds before them, and that they too, can be eventually be sacrificed to keep the gears of the old ways running.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@tehwatever  
Which is part of the reason why, in my original IP which the character in my current avatar is designed for, it takes the power of eight magic artifacts each with the power of a googolplex Thanos Snaps just to overthrow the current CEO of everything corporate.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The Senate just voted on the For The People Act, the bill that’s meant to strengthen the ability to vote and exposes dark money in donations. Surprisingly Manchin and Sinema actually voted for it.

It still failed because not a single Republican voted for it, and then used the filibuster to ensure Harris couldn’t be a tie breaking vote.

Oh. Imagine that. The party that currently has 300 ongoing legislations across the country to strip voting rights don’t want to expand voting rights. Hey, how’s that bipartisanship working huh Manchin?
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
One would hope that Manchin being made a fool of would convince him that the GOP isn’t acting in good faith.

One would hope that, if one were given to naïve optimism.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Dustcan  
The government continues to screw itself over with in-fighting, huh? Not surprised there.

I’m more surprised that the Trump cult hasn’t tried to do another “storming the capitol” stunt.
Background Pony #1F81
People constantly going about and shitting their pants over “Critical Race Theory” is basically the modern-day version of people in the 60’s saying that everything they don’t like is becuase of Communism.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide