Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #C34A
Per Daily Wire  
Biden To Americans Who Own Guns To Defend Against Tyranny: You Need Jets, Nuclear Weapons To Take Us On

Bold overconfident and ballsy move to Biden to taunt the American far right like this, but one could question the wiseness of being a taunty bitch when the American right wing showed his willingness to embrace the fascist underbelly they cultivated for 40 years and unleased on the Capitol.Laughing at Nazis is fine and dandy but it need to be followed by concrete measures or else y’know,well the GQP Nazi Party have a lot more of tactics taken from the Turner Diaries to use and even more channers to groom into little brown shirts
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #C34A

What’s with far right talking heads and naming their talk shows “The Daily X”? It doesn’t help that at least one “The Daily X” isn’t fascist apologia news so I have to reminding myself which one is at least vaguely credible.

But more to the point, is there a source on Biden’s actual comments? I don’t plan on giving Ben “Literally my only skill in life is that I talk fast” Shapiro any hits on his site.
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@Dustcan  
BBC video  
My two cents is we struggled a lot in Iraq even though no one else had jets or nukes. It would be even harder in home soil where many soldiers could refuse to fight or even defect. Winning is still unlikely but it would be very costly for the US. Thankfully I doubt anything like that will happen in the near future.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Natry  
As you say I doubt it would even be possible getting the large parts of the armed forces to follow such an order, especially if it’s the president in breach of the constitution.

A good thing happened today, a decent chunk of Bidens infrastructure plan seems to be getting approved:  
https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-senators-agree-to-roughly-1-trillion-infrastructure-plan-11624553972 - showing it is possible to get results by using a little centrism.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
In more “United States of Corporate America” news, The SCOTUS just okayed child slavery.

For context, multinational American corporations Nestle and Cargill was charged with abetting and profiting off child slavery in West Africa by former child slaves. The SCOTUS ruled 8-1 in their favor on the technicality yeah, there is a clear line between the near 15% increase in forced child labor across cocoa farms and Big Chocolate’s profits. But since it didn’t happen on American soil they couldn’t be punished. Compounding the ruling is the assertion that since corporations aren’t individuals (sure seems to go back and forth on that claim…) it obfuscates the claim of violating an person’s rights.

Let’s repeat that. Unless I’m reading way too much into it (which I don’t have a problem doing in this case, since, you know, slavery is involved), then in the same logic that makes bribing politicians legal as long as it’s done through “lobbying”, using a middle man is all that’s needed to be able to legally own people.

Oh and the decision was handed out on the same day Biden made Juneteenth a national holiday. Oh well.
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Goku Black  
It’s an interim suspension, pending a full disciplinary hearing. And his odds there aren’t great. From the court ruling:  
[The Attorney Grievance Committee] has made a showing of an immediate threat to the public, justifying [Giuliani]’s interim suspension. We find that there is evidence of continuing misconduct, the underlying offense is incredibly serious, and the uncontroverted misconduct in itself will likely result in substantial permanent sanctions at the conclusion of these disciplinary proceedings.

@Dustcan  
Presumably the Ivory Coast has courts of its own where they can hash this out. SCOTUS doesn’t have jurisdiction over the entire planet.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
SCOTUS doesn’t have jurisdiction over the entire planet.

Yeah that’s what the SCOTUS ruled with.

And yeah, I get it. The Supreme Court of the United States can only really rule on matters in the United States.

But. Like. They were basically asked “Slavery. Yes or No.” and thanks to how the law of the land is written their answer amounted to “Well. I mean. Technically…”
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Georgetown professor Jonathan Brown’s new book is gonna tackle the question “Is Islam Anti-Black?” and for that, in his latest tweet he mentioned he been watching a lot of movies for research.

His previous book was “Slavery and Islam” (Im planning on buying a copy)

Before that “Misquoting Muhammad” (I own a copy of this and have read it)

Goddamnit, my guy! You wanna die young? You only forty! You got kids!
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
“Well, technically…” is the Supreme Court’s whole thing. They’ll find any weaselly excuse to avoid ruling on the merits, and in this case they were being asked to stretch an obscure law from the 18th century well beyond its presumptive interpretation. If the Democrats in charge of the elective branches have a problem with it, and they should, they can clear things up pretty easily. Pass something like the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, to prohibit U.S. companies from knowingly doing business with slave camps overseas.
Background Pony #1F5B
Why aren’t people protesting in the streets for voting rights and for Congress to investigate what happened on 1/6?
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@tehwatever  
The book will probably use past crimes done by by people who are islamic toward group who are in people who are black and cause reader to hyper focus on that or if Islamic, will be gaslight to feel guilt. It will also probably list any values common in both community and that their Islamic values and say that they are wrong. The end result will that all Islamics will be treated as oppressors.
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@Dustcan  
I don’t get why they thought putting a mural on the road was a good idea. It sounds like the that guy was intentionally ruining it, but wouldn’t it eventually get full of skid marks anyways?
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Natry  
Eventually, yes. But if it’s only for Pride Month, they’d take it down long before it gets marked up.

Plus, I would hope that there aren’t too many people skidding through an intersection in the first place.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide