Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Watching Oliver’s peice on housing discrimination.

This shit runs deep. I never knew the full extent that red lining was used to. Jesus, it basically wiped out millions of people’s chances at stable, generational wealth.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
As we all know, Fox News sets the…not policy since Republicans haven’t had that in 50 years, but certainly whatever the talking point of the day. So don’t be surprised when it now becomes the GOP’s newest talking point to “ban childless Liberals from voting” after Those 3 Idiots on That Couch boosted the concept put forward by a GOP senate hopeful on Fox News.

Remember that old episode of Ed Edd n Eddy where Eddy just keeps recycling the same scam over and over? He just tweaks the entrance design over and over? The GOP is Eddy and removing voting rights is the scam.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@phoenixacezero

No to the first yes to the second.

I don’t think that nonviolent felons should be banned from voting. They’re still people, and they’re still citizens, and they should have the right to have a voice in the way their nation is governed. If they served their time, they should be able to vote. Just because someone bought some drugs, or made some mistakes in their youth doesn’t mean they should be wholesale disenfranchised.

Voting should be a right, not a privilege the government can arbitrarily take away. Voting is the lifeblood of a democracy.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
At the moment it looks like the House Committee is gonna go forward with just 2 Repubs alongside 7 Dems.

Hey GOP, maybe you shouldn’t have shot down that Bipartisan Commission!
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@phoenixacezero

Begrudgingly.

I’m leery about giving the government the power to deny people to vote. Honestly, I’m leery about giving the government the power to do a lot of things.

I will at least concede that there is a logic to denying violent criminals, and I accept that.

Just because I’m a liberal doesn’t mean I trust the government 100% of the time. It still needs to be monitored and restricted.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@Zincy  
Zincy, do you have any idea what the GOP is thinking shooting down that Bipartisan Commission?

This 7 to 2 outcome on the Committee is totally not good for Trump and the GOP’s in Congress who incited the mob no matter how you spin it.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Dustcan  
At this point, I’d rather Eddy run the government.

Sad, I know, as he’d probably only use his position to get free jawbreakers, but I guarantee he’d be better than the idiots at the GOP.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I just read a story about the father of one of the kids that survived the Parkland massacre, who is now a QTard who apparently harasses his son about it. Claiming that he’s in on this mythical grift. It’s gotten so bad the son apparently looked into emancipation, but since he’s turning 18 soon decided against.

It also should be noted that despite having never typed it on this phone…my auto-input immediately put “massacre” behind Parkland. Jesus fucking shit.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
In more “Capitalism working exactly as intended news”, the Frito-Lay strike is has reached its conclusion, but not before a former employees shared his experience with the company. And dear god this sounds like the plot of a horror movie.

Brandon Ingram joined Frito-Lay’s St. Louis, MO team in 2011 after serving in the U.S. Navy. He threw himself into the job, working up to 20 hours straight and 26 days in a row. It put a strain on Brandon and his wife Melissa’s relationship, but they put up with the long shifts and missed family milestones to plan for their future. “We centered our life around him advancing in the company,” Melissa told More Perfect Union.
Brandon was a model employee. He became a site lead and trainer, developed knowledge of both sales and operations, and earned numerous awards from Frito-Lay and its parent company, PepsiCo.
But Brandon’s record meant nothing to the company after he was electrocuted in 2016 while pressing a button for a dock door, a routine part of his job. The shock has left Brandon with liver disease and a pinched nerve caused by two herniated discs—and the experience has turned the Ingrams’ lives upside down.
Despite going to the ER and reporting severe pain, the company did not give Brandon any time off after the incident, forcing him to call in sick the next day. Frito-Lay also refused to adjust Brandon’s work hours and responsibilities, “I asked for modified service. I asked for some kind of relief, period, because I was still obligated to work—like, picking cases, and unloading trucks, or rotating product on a forklift,” Brandon said. “They were like, ‘You can only work 40 hours a week.’”
Frito-Lay also forced Brandon to see company-approved doctors who provided inadequate care. “We passed 4 hospitals on the way to the hospital they wanted to take me to,” Brandon recalled. “And the reason is because they signed a contract with a certain hospital and a certain network.” The Frito-Lay affiliated physicians denied Brandon’s requests for an MRI, prescribing physical therapy that Melissa believes made his condition worse.

Frito-Lay and PepsiCo did nothing to help. “From the moment that he couldn’t work anymore and needed short-term disability, they abandoned us,” Melissa said. “He pushed a button at work, a button he can’t avoid pushing. He had to push it, it’s his job. But now it’s like they’re trying everything and anything to say it’s not their responsibility.”
In order to obtain long-term disability Brandon had to prove he was injured, requiring multiple doctors visits to confirm his condition. “But guess what? You don’t have any insurance anymore through PepsiCo/Frito-Lay ’cause they cut you off,” Brandon recalled. “So guess what? I borrowed money, or used credit cards, or whatever I could. I even took money out of my kid’s piggy bank.”

In response to the lawsuit, Frito-Lay hired private investigators to try and discredit Brandon’s injury. “I don’t know how many people they’ve given our address, and name, and information to, just to prove my husband wrong,” Melissa said. “Recording my kids playing in the yard, recording me doing yard work, recording me going through drive-thrus. They follow me in traffic on the highway, in streets. They followed me when I gave birth to my baby. They followed me when I went to my daughter’s school.” The years of surveillance drove the family to homeschool their daughter because of fears for her safety.

“I’m 36, I should be able to play with my kids in a yard,” Brandon added. “I just want my life back.”
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Ams here just to drop a link to a factsheet / info pieces about islamophobia by an initiative launched by Georgetown University.

Here be.

I bookmarked it because all of them articles are a fun read especially if you muslim in the west. At least it gives you an idea of who to look out for.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
full

Eviction moratorium ends this Saturday, followed by country-wide mass evictions on Sunday, followed by VoTeBlUeNoMaTtErWhO! apologia Monday.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide