Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Zincy  
And the reason those facilities are in Virginia is because it was a confederate state during the Civil War and soo took back the land it loaned to the capital.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Wiimeiser

No?

The DC retrocession to VA was in 1847. The Civil War happened decades later in 1861. And most of those facilities were build between the 1940s and 1990s.

Alexandria, and what would become modern day Arlington and parts of Fairfax were under Union occupation for a majority of the war.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Welp the eviction moratorium is over and sure enough the wave of evictions everyone was predicting is going out. Around 4 million are at risk of losing their homes; over 1% of the total population is set to become homeless.

A quick googling tells me that a little over half a million is the average number of homeless in the US on any given night. That number is set to octuple in a few short weeks.

And the government is just pointing fingers right now. Biden’s saying Congress needs to be the one to help people, it’s not his job! The Supreme Court is saying Congress needs to help people, it’s not their job! Congress is saying the CDC has to help people, it’s not their job! The CDC is standing there confused saying it is Congress’ and Biden’s job.

“Richest country in the world” is about to have the a mass homeless problem.

Edit: Wait no, more googling tells me I was wrong. About 15 million are at risk of losing their homes. So something like 4-5% of the nation is about to become homeless, 30 times the national average!

So basically more “Capitalism working as intended” news.

Edit 2.0:

full
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Dustcan  
As Percy Bysshe Shelley was saying:  
“To him that hath, more shall be given; and from him that hath not, the little that he hath shall be taken away. The rich have become richer, and the poor have become poorer; and the vessel of the State is driven between the Scylla and Charybdis of anarchy and despotism.”  
200 years later, that quote is still perfectly on point.
Background Pony #78BF
The eviction issue is hardly a capitalism issue, especially when you look at the causes of the situation. What would be more efficient then just an eviction moratorium would be relaxing it and increasing cash transfers. I would bet hard money though that if nothing we’re done we wouldn’t see the homeless rate 30 times higher.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The Pentagon is under lockdown after there was an active shooter outside it. One police officer has already been killed.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
“Hah, since you’re a liberal you must be so upset about Cuomo, I bet it makes you so mad to see him face charges”.

“Nah, fuck him, he’s a dick”.

A bunch of Trumpers I’ve seen can’t seem to wrap their heads around the idea that other people don’t join cults of personality around their party leadership. Cuomo is a molesting sex pest and should resign or be kicked out. I won’t shed a tear to see him go, even if he somehow got replaced by a Republican. Scum is scum, regardless of party.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Zincy  
Yeah I feel nothing about Cuomo. I don’t even know who the hell he is anymore.

Meanwhile Texas’ governor is wants to prove himself toward the rest of the country that he wants to do what Florida is doing.
Background Pony #35F6
With Cuomo while his sexual assault allegations are bad and need to be treated seriously I’m also annoyed with how awfully he handled the coronavirus in his state while the news cheered him. It’s almost comical that they ended up picking what might have been the worst governor to show off to the country.
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
From the sound of things, New York is fixing to impeach his ass faster than either of the Trump dealies. I half-expect them to invoke the Spaceballs “short short version”.

“All in favor? All opposed? The ayes win. Clean out your desk by 5.”
Background Pony #77FB
And the government is just pointing fingers right now. Biden’s saying Congress needs to be the one to help people, it’s not his job!
To be a bit fair to Biden on this matter, he does also have the small problem that the last extension barely survived a vote in the Supreme Court, and Grabby Mcblackout has already sworn to block additional extensions. Plus there’s the possibility that challenging the court might result in a ruling that makes it even harder for the administration to respond to future health crises.  
The White House has been clear that Biden would have liked to extend the federal eviction moratorium because of the spread of the highly contagious delta variant of the coronavirus. But there were also concerns that challenging the court could lead to a ruling restricting the administration’s ability to respond to future public health crises.
On a 5-4 vote in late June, the Supreme Court allowed the broad eviction ban to continue through the end of July. One of those in the majority, Justice Brett Kavanaugh, made clear he would block any additional extensions unless there was “clear and specific congressional authorization.”
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Pretty much the entirety of NY’s Democrats are calling for Cuomo’s resignation. If that wasn’t enough now even House Speaker Pelosi and POTUS Biden are telling him to step down.

Damn son.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Republicans are complaining about undocumented immigrants again, this time on the basis that they’re unvaccinated.

The solution is simple, vaccinate them if they’re caught. This solves several problems, they’re no longer personally unvaccinated, we move one person closer to ending the pandemic, and we use up doses that Americans are refusing to take.

full
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Zincy  
That’ll get the unvaccinated plague rats going. “First, they steal our jobs. Now they’re stealing our vaccines? Unacceptable!”
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Zincy

The problem is you’re framing it in an altruistic manner.

Swap some words around and frame it in a more White Man’s Burden manner and Republicans will be all over that.

On the same thought, as one guy put it you can end the pandemic if you just use reverse psychology. Tell Republicans that they’ll be banned getting the vaccine by, oh, October. They won’t be, but that’ll convince them to get it. Shoot tell them that by November we’ll be shipping all unused doses off to a “brown” or “black” country and we’ll hit 100% full vaccination overnight as they storm pharmacies all over the nation like they stormed the Capitol.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide