Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
To anyone in America who has access to that abortion site, can you please report Anthony Fantano as serial abortionist please  
He deserves it

Assuming the site isn’t going to get DDOS to hell and back of course, pretty sure a few people are trying to do that right now
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Background Pony #C10B  
Somewhat, I don’t expect other people to report Mr fantano  
I on the other hand have using proxies

To quote Mr Trump, “we do a little trolling”

If you are wondering, Anthony Fantano is a music critic and has never done an abortion and reporting him means the service will have less resource to persue actual cases of abortion
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Chemist / Pharmacist / Drugs and medication enthusiasts of this thread.

Can you explain to me why Ivermectin, a dewormer, is the new latest anti-Covid sensation?
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@tehwatever  
From what I gathered, the Pasteur Institute conducted studies over its anti-inflammatory effect on airways. The fact that it was only tested on hamsters without evidence that it would work the same on humans didn’t stop quacks and covidiots from jumping the gun and extol it as the new miracle cure, now that hydroxychloroquine has fallen from grace.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Dustcan

That’s because as I’ve said before, only America has the infrastructure to maintain American-made military equipment. Russia and China could theoretically maintain and support them, but unless the Taliban pays out the ass, they aren’t incentivised to maintain or support it; anymore than I’m incentivised to maintain or support NEXTSTEP workstations.

On a related note, the idea that the Chinese have closed the gap because they now have access to 40-year-old helicopters is beyond stupid. They learned more from the F-117 that the Serbs downed in the 90’s than the Iroquois++s that they get from the Taliban.
Background Pony #74E7
@tehwatever  
Because apparently their is some data that shows it could be used to treat COVID. It is not proven or approved, and while safe in proper doses people are taking way too much.
Background Pony #FA39
Chemist / Pharmacist / Drugs and medication enthusiasts of this thread.
Can you explain to me why Ivermectin, a dewormer, is the new latest anti-Covid sensation?

Remember “America’s Frontline Doctors”? The group of “doctors” with lab coats that last year peddled hydroxychloroquine as a miracle cure for Covid and Trump and Fox News used as proof of “alternative facts”?

Well after accumulating millions of fervent believers in the US (“these doctors tell the truth!”, “They’ve got America in the name, they’re the real deal!”, “Own the libs, listen to the real doctors for America!”, etc), hydroxy was proven to do nothing, so they had to move onto another scam, quick.

In comes Brazil, where getting a vaccine has been next to impossible and people were desperate as covid was ravaging the nation. Someone there figured out they could sell ivermectin, the human sort, for a nice markup, peddling its “antiparasitic” worth as being able to kill covid, because viruses are like parasites, right?

So now back in the good old USA, “America’s Frontline Doctors” caught wind that people actually believed that, so they jumped on the bandwagon and hatched a plan. You see, in the US ivermectin requires a doctor’s prescription, something no actual doctor was willing to write for covid, but “America’s Frontline Doctors” just so happened to be able to put their followers in contact with “real doctors” at SpeakWithAnMD who… you guessed it, are run by themselves.

For just $90 a “real doctor” could diagnose you remotely for covid, and then write you an online prescription (not covered by insurance) for a pharmacy… run by them too.

Now, at this point you’d think even a child would realize they were being scammed, but you fail to realize the awesome power that is ~owning the libs~. Confronted with the absurd cost of getting ivermectin through these guys, American conservatives chose to look for alternative sources of ivermectin… and once they realized the same active ingredient was in horse goo (please ignore that it’s not actually the same and made specifically for horses, those are all lib lies), the secret knowledge spread through facebook like wildfire. You could get ivermectin for a tenth of the price, no prescription required, libs status: owned!

And then they fucking died.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Background Pony #FA39  
I’m curious, why do right-wing and religious people hate liberals so much? Is it the racial and LGBTQI rights? The opposition to corporate capitalism in its current form? A preference for science over religion?
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Ereiam

Pretty superfluous if you ask me, since they’re already pretty maintenance-intensive items. I don’t have the numbers at hand, but it wouldn’t surprise me that for every hour a Blackhawk is flying, it requires seven hours of maintenance.

Even the MRAPs are pretty maintenance-heavy, because unlike the Ratels or Rooikats used by the SANDF, they’re not based upon a civilian vehicle where the parts are interchangeable.
Background Pony #74E7
@Wiimeiser  
This is a loaded question with years of history to answer. It isn’t a case of right wingers hating liberals, it’s a case of the right and left in America steadily moving apart since the 90s. Additionally, their is a mental trick people play with how we treat those that think a little different then us.

Here is a good article on that
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Ereiam  
But that’s juts alleviating a symptom. Treating airways inflamation doesnt mean reversing the infection caused by the virus on the lungs.  
At the end of the day you’re still banking on your body to do all of the fighting against the viral infection.

@Background Pony #FA39  
Oh nooo! C’mon people, a tapeworm and a virus arent the same thing.

@Background Pony #74E7  
Treat symptoms. I dont believe it treats the Covid per se. You’re still relying on your body to cure itself.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Ereiam
But that’s juts alleviating a symptom. Treating airways inflamation doesnt mean reversing the infection caused by the virus on the lungs.
At the end of the day you’re still banking on your body to do all of the fighting against the viral infection.
@Background Pony #FA39
Oh nooo! C’mon people, a tapeworm and a virus arent the same thing.
@Background Pony #74E7
Treat symptoms. I dont believe it treats the Covid per se. You’re still relying on your body to cure itself.

Tell that to the conclusion-jumping morons. Do you think they’d take it if they were smart enough to understand that?
Background Pony #74E7
@tehwatever  
I’m not an expert on the medical reaults, but my underatanding wmis that Ivermectin can be used to fight a few other viruses and in this case early studies were showing it could be helpful with COVID as well.
Background Pony #FA39
@Background Pony #74E7  
The only half-serious study on ivermectin on covid showed you’d need 100 times the acceptable safe dose in order have an effect. That part was obviated by trash publications in South America that just ran with clickbait headlines knowing their audience were desperate for any sign of hope and reprise from the pandemic.

That, well after it was known that ivermectin was ineffective as a treatment, these right-wing scam “doctors” would pick it up and start peddling snake oil in a country with an abundance of vaccine doses is… honestly par for the course.
Background Pony #74E7
@Background Pony #FA39  
Yeah, it’s still totally unproven, I’m talking about the early stuff where people were like “yeah maybe it could help, dunno, some real tests should be done.”
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Ebalosus  
If the Taliban smart they’d SELL these gears on Ebay.

“American Helis. Condition: Used

Salam Aleikum everyone. I got a new batch of freshly looted helicopters. No signs of damaged components. A few bullet scratches but nothing major.

Selling these cause we don’t have the infrastructure to fly em

Call Ahmad for more details.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide