Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #F6BB
@Wiimeiser  
Unpopular opinion:people (and I mean people as in the masses, not the government) made their bed with the internet so at one point we’ll have to lie in it. It’s too easy to blame the government to turn paranoid when you see all the dangerous shit Internet culture created, unprompted.I’ll still pinpoint the birth of Encyclopedia Dramatica as a game changer in Internet culture where it first instilled the idea that it was okay to document the life of random people, submitting randos (clearly not mentally equipped to deal with said scrutinity) to the same scrutinity that usually fall in high profile people (I still don’t see the benefit in maintaining whole pages dissecting the amateur fanart of some Deviant Art fucko) and pushing people to harass them (and it was 2 mere months before Facebook creation) . The blame also rest partially on the big tech company who created an anarchy friendly environment with website that are impossible to moderate due to the sheer size of their userbase. In retrospect, we should have seen this coming and we should have never forgot that it’s people individually who are smart but crowds are dumb panicky animals. You say you fear the government reaction to all this shit. Frankly, I’m torn to but a part of me tell me that at one point the adults in the room who actually have the power and the authority to do things should step in and try to fix this libertarian bullshit cluster fuck and that we the people should stop overestimating our importance and delude ourself we can fix everything with our surface level knowledge. We have to break out of this “I alone can fix it, I is special and unique” way of thinking because for fuck sake it’s not true. We the people are not exceptional
Background Pony #98DB
@Ereiam  
And I know for a fact that you’re on the spectrum almost as much as I am (as you’ve admitted so, yourself, almost a year ago), so don’t be surprised when you finally understand that it took you so long to finally realize the ultimate pointlessness of getting involved in bullshit that isn’t even relevant to the thread, in the first place.

And joking around or not, there was absolutely no reason why I shouldn’t have been allowed to reproach Background Human for his intentionally dishonest portrayal of myself, in that I’m somehow in the same boat politically and ideologically of Tucker Carlson, considering how untrue this low-key comparison of myself to him is, along with how utterly detested and reviled he is in this thread—especially by Dustcan.

So yeah, no fucking shit I’m going to object to being labled something or somebody that I am actually not (and I am definitely sure that you would do the exact same thing to, if that happened to you), what about it?
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Deletion reason: Rule #0/6 - If you have problems with these sites, go to them and let them know, and please keep your interpersonal spats off this site.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@CaptainXtra  
Time is something NOBODY EVER GETS BACK so why should anybody not expect to be paid for it?

Oh, so the phrase “time es moneh” only applies to the bidnis owners now? Thems workers should slave themselves now?

Is we going back to pre-abolition?

And you wonder why people dont wanna go back to their jobs?
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Why do leftists keep making cringe

Because ideological entrapment to a particular market-based system of the world where if X-number is bad if Y but good if Z, so therefore Swedish social democracy is the end-all, be-all.

and le funny number
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@Commune

Many of them are younger people who will use memes either to keep themselves happy, or to attract youngsters to join them. Something like how 4channers use memes as Trumpist propaganda.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
A restaurant in Texas is getting all roasty toasty in reviews after kicking out a young couple who were wearing masks. Said couple has an immunocompromised child at home and wore masks as an extra layer of protection.

One can, and should, question the wisdom of them going to a sitdown restaurant regardless of being vaxed and masked, given their child’s condition, but I digress.

While the owner is completely within his rights to refuse service, we are completely within our rights to shitcan him and troll his ass.

Natch’ he’s all up and arms about the “blood, sweat and money” he put into his business. Shoulda thought of that before you did something that was sure to make national news buddy. Just because you have the right to do something doesn’t mean it makes sense from a business standpoint.
Background Pony #F6BB
Deletion reason: Rule #0 - This is not the place for these kinds of interpersonal spats.
Background Pony #F6BB
I don’t see how it’s better that we delegated the paparazzi stalking methods from the governments to the basement dwellers  
Also big addendum, I read that part about the Red Scare too quickly and thought it was about the URSS. I thereby acknowledge I was wrong about that part and the “brutal dictatorship” part was out of line since I can’t edit my comment, the jokes on me, I’m a red blooded idiot  
But the part about social control still stand and I think comparing your shitty Internet culture to McCarthy ism is hardly the epic burn you seeked
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
A Chester County PA man admitted to voting illegally, for Trump. He returned, after voting once, in disguise to vote as his dead son. His son, btw, was a registered Democrat and would likely have voted against Trump.

Once again, almost every major instance of voter fraud has been from Republicans.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Incidentally I believe this election has had more cases of fraud than every election in the last several years. Combined.

All for Trump.
Background Pony #98DB
@AaronMk  
A “Swedish democracy” is still immeasurably based compared to an (un)tried and (un)true global anarcho-communist society, in all actuality.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide