Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #6B50
So the conclusion is… Americans are naturally more violent and murderous than everyone else?
And how does having easier access to more efficient murdering tools help with that? Specifically tools that make it easy to murderize more people faster and from a “safer” distance?
I think, maybe, the US should focus on a whole on how to be less bloodlusty. Maybe it has to do with poor education? Inequality? A socio-economic system that forces a majority of the population into effective slavery with no escape and grinds the losers of the system through a meatgrinder of despair and hopelessness?
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

high altitude cloud pone
weeeeeeeell semiautomatic has nothing to do with power. It’s just one bullet per function of the trigger. most revolvers meet that definition. Also considering the glock in a 9mm round its not only less powerful than other common CCWs that fire .45acp and revolvers fire arguably more powerful rounds like .357 and the .44 mag.
Background Pony #6B50
@Meanlucario
As in their are a ton of factors at play here, so the results we see are after those things are worked in. We’re just seeing the final numbers.
@IWTCIEM
You can state it all you like, but I don’t consider a situation where people aren’t all that much safer at the cost of guns to be “working”.
@The Smiling Pony
I didn’t say that. I don’t think anyone knows the true reason as to why. I’m sure it’s several factors at play, all I can point to is the historical trends.
IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

@YourPalContrail
Handguns with high capacity magazines (regardless of power and caliber) are still as deadly as rifles; almost all gun deaths in the US are done with them. Also very sensitive of you to go into individual semantics of firearms while deflecting from the real danger they pose.
Background Pony #6B50
@Meanlucario
Well just to make clear gun related deaths isn’t the best metric to go by. Gun related deaths would include people defending themselves and people who commit suicide. I think most would agree the former isn’t a bad thing, and the latter is tragic, but isn’t what people think of when they discuss gun violence. If we want to get an idea of whether people are safer we’d want to look at violent crime or homicide statistics.
That’s why I point to the fact that the violent crime rates were lower then the US before the gun laws were passed. Homicides are the same thing.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Thanotos Omega
Yeah… the ease with which someone can go from a sudden acute depressive episode to “delete self” makes guns extremely damaging.
The extra steps that alternative suicide methods require (be they because of time it takes since enacting, or time to take full effect) “saves lives”.
Background Pony #6B50
@Thanotos Omega
I don’t think that’s a winning argument. I support suicide prevention, I don’t support restricting people’s rights because individuals decide to use them on themselves. The gun is just the means they do it, efficient? Yes, but the goal should be to address the reason why they are doing it.
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

high altitude cloud pone
this is somewhat true. 80% of mass shootings are committed using handguns. Also I’m not deflecting I just think it’s important to understand what what we see referring to. like when I hear firearms “power” my mind is thinking of the cartridge it fires not the standard magazine size. So what would you propose? what do you consider high capacity?
I agree. as tragic as suicide is, it still is a reach to say that restriction on others rights will reduce suicidal ideation.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Meanlucario
They would have to pass another amendment which would take a long time to pass And a ban on guns would be worse than it is now.
That’s how one amendment appealed the other amendment.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
Being able to own something as dangerous as a firearm should require ample training. Also you probably shouldn’t be allowed to own firearms if you have a history of mental illness. I feel these are really reasonable requirements yet for some reason they’re really impossible concepts for some people to grasp
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide