Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #6B50
@Latecomer
Ok, understood. I don’t think I’ve had a conversation on gun control where the other person has specifically brought up suicides, it’s always been about the gun violence aspect. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, just that it’s not happened to me.
@Kiryu-Chan
I addressed the training part earlier, but the mental illness part, it is illegal to sell a gun to someone who “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

high altitude cloud pone
I addressed the training part earlier, but the mental illness part, it is illegal to sell a gun to someone who “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”
I’m assuming it’s filtered in the instant background check?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Madison Cawthorn has lost his primary re-election, meaning whether his House seat stays red or flips blue in November he will not be serving another term.
His name has popped up a few times but I can never remember the guy so I don’t know if this is a Yay or Nay from me.
Background Pony #6B50
@Kiryu-Chan
That is a change within the rule. What I quoted before is the law. What you linked was a policy that had the Social Security Administration report to the NICS system if it had disabled applicants. It is still illegal though to sell a gun to someone institutionalized or adjudicated as a mental defective.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Oh right, Cawthorn is a Y’all Qaeda traitor and also the really weird guy who exposed the GQP cocaine orgies, parties in women’s langerie, and once dry humped his sleeping cousin’s face while naked.
Uh.
His primary challenger apparently called him out on his support for Jan 6 so thank God I don’t see any downside to this outcome.
Background Pony #1F81
@Dustcan
He’s a Rep who said “Sex and gays are bad” then was later caught dressing up in women’s underware and doing drugs at a orgy, and also says that Zelenskyy is a “thug” for not submitting to Putin.
and also a ton of sexual harassment/abuse cases against him too.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Dustcan
I thought you were talking about Scott Cawthorn there. Though Scott isn’t that bad, as far as we know anyway. He just wanted to support a Christian party.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
I agree with the training. but I’m not to sure I agree on the mental illness ban. is there a limit on which one you would want banned or just anything in the DSM5?
The problem is there’s mental conditions that aren’t dangerous. Someone with narcolepsy isn’t a threat to anyone. It should apply to conditions where the individual has something that can pose a threat to others like schizophrenia (especially if it’s incurable).
@YourPalContrail
If the populace was disarmed, disarming the police would also be feasible.
Ha ha ha oh wow.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The GOP in Pennsylvania nominated that psychopath who wants to ban gay marriage, overturn the 2020 election, arrest trans athletes, and other insane nonsense.
Establishment reps tried to block him in the 11th hour given the very real fear that he will lose them the governor election in one of the nations most purple states.
Given that Fetterman won the nom for dem senator, and the frequency of straight ticket voting in Pennsylvania, it’s a real possibility that the combo could carry each race into a dem double win in Nov.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
it appears you’re one step ahead of me lol
yea I was gonna ask next if I should be barred from owning weapons because of my gender dysphoria and attention deficit disorder. Is being trans and having a hard time focusing a good reason to deprive someone of their rights?
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
A gun that fires projectiles intended to neutralize what it’s pointed at is a gun that can kill.
Some are better at doing so than others.
An Assault Rifle, Shotgun, or god forbid explosive weapons like Rocket or Grenade Launchers will rip you apart much more effectively than a Pistol which in itself is already deadly to unarmored citizens.
Just leaving this here.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
I’m slightly confused as to how that’s related to what I said but I’ll bite.
I don’t see that happening. The 2nd ammendment was written for the express purpose of preventing a tyrannical government. so having the police armed with an unarmed population at any point is an inherent threat.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
I understand I was skeptical on it working because the police would have to be armed to confiscate all arms. then if the police and the military doesn’t disarm who can stop them.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Thr EU has boosted its renewable target from 40% to 45% by 2030 in order to sidestep Russia.
It’s almost as if we’ve been saying for years that true energy independence can’t occur when you’re strapped to a market where only a few major producers control the bulk of the energy flow…
Bout fucking time.
The primaries were a mixed bag. Several things broke well for the Dems, with strong candidates in Pennsylvania and North Carolina, but in other places they’ve fallen behind.
This year’s elections will be quite interesting. If dems manage to hold the chambers it will be by incredibly slim majorities.
Latecomer

@YourPalContrail
You said the police committed more gun crimes than CCW wielders. I want to take guns away from both.
@YourPalContrail
Yes, actually trusting the government will be a prerequisite here… or just trusting that the army (who will certainly not be disarming) are undefeatable by any possible civilian force.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide