Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Even with this quote in mind, how exactly does it prove my original argument was wrong? The US routinely massacres men, women and children just as the Nazis did. Most Americans do nothing about the death and suffering, just as all the “good” Germans remained complacent during the Holocaust. Additional reasons as to why I felt the US is worse than Nazi Germany were because 1) US industry was the one which enabled the rise of the Third Reich prior to 1941 (See Henry Ford and IBM for more context) and 2) even before the US entered its mass shooting phase it had already passed the moral event horizon on many occasions (genocide of Native Americans, lynching, internment of Japanese Americans, atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Vietnam war, etc.). Debate me all you want, but those are the facts of the matter and it would be foolish to try and deny or downplay any of it.
The Nazis industrialized murder.
Like, the US has it’s own track record of human rights violations (mostly abroad, but we’re definitely flirting with the concept domestically as of late), but we still have yet to reach a point where we start making supply lines providing a constant supply of condemned or have entire factories dedicated to death.
I can’t wait to hear about “that time 4chan did good” by finding info on some pedo… 12 years ago, or other feel-good stories, while completely ignoring the constant deluge of hatred, vileness, vitriol, calls to violence, etc. that have a direct connection with real world acts of violence, vandalism, murder, and other real consequences.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Nazis industrialized murder.
Like, the US has it’s own track record of human rights violations (mostly abroad, but we’re definitely flirting with the concept domestically as of late), but we still have yet to reach a point where we start making supply lines providing a constant supply of condemned or have entire factories dedicated to death.
I would argue the lack of tight regulations and lack of enforcing existing regulations in many areas in the US is industrialized death, just with trying to squeeze out work force while condemning people to a slow early death.
As an example, how many areas, how many millions of people in the US have unsafe tap water? It’s one of the things i encounter repeatedly where people are baffled at the notion of drinking tap water or even worse drinking unfiltered tap water.
IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

There might not be death camps, but at the same time the US has unscrupulous firearm manufacturers turning out weapons of war as if they were LEGOs and allowing them to fall into the hands of dangerous people. There’s one political party who operates hand-in-hand with the aforementioned manufacturers to spread as much death and destruction as they can, another party who’s too weak and unwilling to stop the other’s crimes, and a population which has become apathetic and complicit even in the face of such bloodshed, and continue to their kids and themselves in harm’s way. If anything, all the factors going into mass murders are intertwined, and the refusal of elected officials to take measures to stop the killings is both profoundly evil and stupid, as far as I’m concerned.
Latecomer

@IWTCIEM
The US is pretty darn bad.
The Nazis were a hell of a lot worse. And I really hope this remains true going forwards, because it’s scarily not garunteed. But for now, it’s true.
IWTCIEM

I can sort of tolerate people thinking Nazi Germany was worse than the US, even if I personally disagree. But while we’re at it, Russia under Putin and his oligarchs has steadily been nearing the number three spot as we speak. Still doesn’t detract from the US atrocities though.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
The US is far from the only country to commit atrocities. Humans have a history of committing genocide against each other.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

When someone insists America is worse than Nazi Germany you don’t have to listen to anything else they say. Such a ridiculous statement should tell you they’re not worth it.
IWTCIEM

@Mikey
So what you’re saying is that because all other countries committed atrocities at one point or another, that it makes US atrocities less worse? If the US was truly a great country like so many of its citizens say it is, they would not only sincerely condemn those terrible parts of their history, but also better themselves as a society to be more tolerant, accepting and peaceful. And they refuse to do so.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Mikey
Tankies (auth-left brainlets that think Stalin and Mao etc. were cool) don’t believe any of the various genocides and purges the USSR or communist China committed actually happened, or if they did, they were very targeted against the decadent bourgeoise / actually a false flag from degenerate capitalists.
@IWTCIEM
Stop reaching and trying to get mad, you’re going so overboard it’s hard to tell if you’re honest or just playing a bit for replies and screencaps to post elsewhere.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@IWTCIEM
No, I’m saying that you can’t just call it the worst country for doing things many countries have done. The US is far from great, of course, but the only thing you can do is get out and vote for people who will make it better. The US was never great, just another country, full of people trying to live their life. You can’t expect your average US citizen to just go out and suddenly change the world, or the country. You have to get out and make your voice heard, tell people to vote for the people who will make a change.
IWTCIEM

@Mikey
I never said other countries were innocent, but the US is FAR worse on so many levels. If every nation’s quality of life was measured on a report card the US would either get a C- or D+ in just about every aspect, all the while boasting proudly that it didn’t get an F.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I mean, “America is a shitty country with a ton of problems that it refuses to fix, run by people who actually don’t give a shit if children are regularly as long as they get to keep their toys” isn’t exactly glowing praise…
Background Pony #0E9C
@Meanlucario
Considering the state of not just this thread, but that of humanity throughout the world, in general—and in particular, the Western world—over the past 7 years (and mainly the past two, in particular), such a solution is absolutely simply not possible.
I’ve long wanted that to be the case, myself, yet as soon as when particularly zealous individuals and the overall masses on both sides of the political spectrum started to promptly disregard the lessons from 2014-2017 that actually needed to be learned and applied by both the left and the right (though even more so by the left, regarding most of the lessons, due to greater apparent hypocrisy of them refusing or thinking otherwise), starting in the immediate aftermath of the election of Trump, I began to ever-progressively lose faith in the idea that such a resolution was actually possible, until when in early 2020—especially in May/June of that year, when completely unnecessary shit really started to hit the fan—I gave up most hope of that becoming a reality, entirely.
IWTCIEM

@Kiryu-Chan
It’s not glowing praise, but that’s the truth, and most Americans simply refuse to accept that. Trying to sugarcoat or gloss over the real problems, while being more offended by the choice of words is EXACTLY how we got to where we are right now.
Latecomer

@IWTCIEM
You really think there aren’t a heap of countries in this world, let alone throughout history, in which you’d be in just as much danger or more?
The US sucks in a multitude of ways, but there have been and are plenty of suckier examples out there which sadly indicate there’s a lot of room for things to get worse… or not.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide