Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@IWTCIEM
I have a better idea. Instead of confiscating guns, we should require everyone (except for the mentally fucked, and people with a criminal record) regardless of gender to own a gun and learn how to use it. This should prevent mass shootings. If someone tried to commit a mass shooting, they’d be surrounded by professionally-trained armed men. Free guns for everyone!
A lot of countries including Israel, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, etc. require all men to serve in the military, which means all the men there know how to use a gun. These countries have some of the lowest crime rates. Venezuela, on the other hand, has the highest crime rate of any country (and you thought the United States was bad), and they banned guns long ago.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@angryprogrockbrony
Essentially good guys with guns? So why, in this situation, is it that (read below)
@NitroFury
Good guys with guns, who are supposed to be the designated only solution against malicious gun wielders, just…didn’t?
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Meanlucario
Yes but Australia hasn’t mandated military service in decades. People there don’t even know how to use guns yet a criminal will find other ways to get guns and people will be defenseless. If every school teacher had a gun and knew how to use it, then many of the mass shooters would be dead or imprisoned before they could kill anyone.
Never rely on people doing the right thing. History has shown that people are most interested in self-preservation than doing what’s right.
Giving guns to all the good guys and encouraging them to do the right thing (while still having police) is better than doing nothing at all.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@angryprogrockbrony
And how many shooting have Australia had compared to the other countries you listed?
And who decides who are the “good guys”? The world is very rarely black and white, and it’s easy for the wrong people to decide who’s right and who’s wrong. Also, that would also give the bad people guns as well, only adding to the problem. Actual limits and restrictions are needed, not more guns (no matter how much the NRA’s pillowtalk tell you otherwise).
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

high altitude cloud pone
I mean I agree with stuff like red flag laws but your reasoning is flawed. Between 1993 and 2003 gun ownership increased by 56% but gun violence decreased by half. There is no correlation between homicides and gun ownership.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Even worse is that there is a report that when they finally did their job, they ended up getting an extra student killed when they shouted for them to call for help to locate where they’re hiding…which the shooter heard.
The student said he and four others took cover under a table that had a tablecloth over it, which may have hidden them from the shooter’s view.
“When the cops came, the cop said, ‘Yell if you need help,’” the boy said, according to KENS. “And one of the persons in my class said, ‘Help.’ The guy overheard and he came in and shot her.”
He added: “The cop barged into that classroom. The guy shot at the cop. And the cops started shooting.”
Background Pony #6B50
@Meanlucario
I don’t think anyone (save for straw purchases and all) is selling guns to harm people. Also, Australia was doing great before harsh gun restrictions.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #6B50
You say that like most salesmen care about morality. And last I heard Australia was also having a gun-violence. Not as bad as the USA, but that’s because the USA thinks stopping a boat from sinking is to drill more holes.
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@angryprogrockbrony
And who decides who are the “good guys”?
Nobody decides that. There is a reason why I didn’t say mentally fucked people and criminals should have guns, because they shouldn’t. People need guns because nobody can trust anyone in this world.
Background Pony #6B50
@Meanlucario
Most salesman do care about morality, I don’t know why you think they don’t. These guys that run gun stores do it because they enjoy the hobby and believe in the 2nd Amendment. Beyond that even the ones that don’t do care about not going to jail, and selling a gun to someone when you think they are going to go commit a crime is illegal.
And no, Australia has been a safe place for decades, even before the gun law crackdowns. Yes, crime decreased after the gun laws took effect, but crime also decreased in the US without gun restrictions.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@angryprogrockbrony
And what’s stopping republicans from categorizing liberals as “mentally unstable” to deny them guns?
And if that was the case, humanity would have died off a very long time ago. Say what you want about optimism, humanity still kicking proves that it is right more often than pessimism.
@Background Pony #6B50
Kid, I keep up with the video game industry. 90% of salesmen just want to make a buck and don’t care how.
Background Pony #6B50
@Meanlucario
No, but you obviously don’t have any practical experience when it comes to firearms, which is why you pivot away from firearms to something completely different, video games. You do this while simultaneously trying to talk down to me as if I’m the one who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
Videogames aren’t firearms, and your experience talking to the Gamestop employee trying to get a preorder doesn’t make you knowledgeable about gun store owners. Also, calling someone else a kid on a forum for cartoon horses just makes you look bad.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #6B50
I was talking about salesmen. Just because two groups sell different things, doesn’t mean their motives and desires are different. And the video game industry is a great example of how fucked a free market for anything would be, including guns.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide