Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #6B50
You say that like they wouldn’t be given the opportunity to turn in their guns peacefully. Do you really think that it will be a “first day of the new law, kill every fucker with a glock”? No one outside our political parties and their fanatics would do something that dumb.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer
And that’s a problem that needs to be fixed. Again, it wouldn’t be easy, but necessary to make the USA safer. I rather not have our children lay down their lives to keep our right to give guns to anyone with money, and I hate kids.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Meanlucario
Guns are so ingrained in American culture, most guns owners are conservative I’d think and I don’t think they’d surrender them even if given the chance to do so peacefully, I mean, they’d think it’s due to a tyrannical government becoming authoritarian, and the Constitution says that a tyrannical government should be stopped if need be.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Mikey
Again, that is part of the problem. And they already tried to overturn a constitutional election in favor of a monarchy, so they are already enemies of the constitution.
Background Pony #6B50
@Meanlucario
No, I don’t think you’re completely understanding the undertaking and consequences here,
The NY Safe Act was an AWB passed in New York, it had a provision where if you had an assault weapon you had to register it with the state, let’s see how that worked out
“That data shows massive noncompliance with the assault weapon registration requirement. Based on an estimate from the National Shooting Sports Federation, about 1 million firearms in New York State meet the law’s assault-weapon criteria, but just 44,000 have been registered. That’s a compliance rate of about 4 percent.”
This is a case where noncompliance is a felony. This is the “opportunity to turn in their guns peacefully” part. Only 4% turned in their guns peacefully. So a gun confiscation nationwide means millions of felons, and enforcing the law means sending police out after them.
To give you an idea, our current prison/jail population is about 2 million. If you don’t see a problem with the plan your talking about I hope you also don’t complain about our overcrowded prisons.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Meanlucario
I know for a fact that people in government want to rewrite the constitution. To make people surrender their guns you’d need to change the bill of rights to remove the second amendment, that’s not something many people would be accept.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
If your argument boils down to “but the crazies fetishize their guns too much to not shot us for taking them away,” than that’s part of them problem, and not taking away their guns only enables them and mass shooters.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Mikey
Amendments have been repealed before. Just because people with power doesn’t want to do the right thing, doesn’t change the reality of what would need to happen to make the USA a better country.
Background Pony #6B50
@Mikey
And if the politicians had the support to change the second amendment you wouldn’t have as many concerns about people refusing to comply.
@Meanlucario
Oh no, you misunderstand what I was saying. I don’t want gun confiscation because I fetishize my gun so much and will shoot people who try and take them away. I was just pointing out though that if it was passed it would lead to mass non-compliance and the criminalization of millions of Americans leading to our already garbage prison system becoming much worse.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #6B50
I wasn’t calling you a crazy. And again, there would be time for people to turn in their guns peacefully. If your argument relies on the goverment being incompetent in how to start fixing the USA, than you need to rethink your argument.
Background Pony #1D40
We’re talking about guns, not civil rights.
Muricans who would refuse to surrender their guns, consider gun ownership to be a right. This means they would consider it just to break gun confiscation laws, but they still abide by other laws.
that’s different from my slavery comparison how?
Slavery directly hurts people. Guns might potentially be used to hurt people. If guns were the same as slavery, no guns should be allowed to exist anywhere in the universe. Even you want to confiscate guns only from unlicensed people. Would you free slaves only from unlicensed slave owners? Exactly.
The point that Background Pony #6B50 is trying to make that these people don’t hurt anyone, so there’s no need to hurt them. I’m not sure what to think about it. It’s a dilemma between “we need to enforce laws” and “we should leave these people alone, they are hurting nobody”.
Background Pony #6B50
@Meanlucario
People won’t comply and turn them in peacefully, my evidence is when the 4th most populous state in America passed a law demanding only registration resulted in a 4% compliance rate. Also my argument is actually that the government IS competent, because the only way this ridiculous idea would work is if the government is completely incompetent and undermanned to a point where the law is practically unenforced.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
And needless to say they would view UN troops as foreign invaders and have no qualms with shooting them or blowing them up.
Bottom line is the 2A is not going to get repealed, and if somehow it was, the resulting deaths will surpass Corona’s total.
Background Pony #1D40
@Meanlucario
Each gun might potentially be used to hurt people. Some guns are. Most are not. Do I really need to clarify this so much? I think there is some kind of misunderstanding.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
I forgot how much I hate this thread. I’m leaving. If any updates involving Ukraine or Russia happen, I want Mikey or Penguin Dragneel to PM me to let me know to return for that.
@Background Pony #6B50
No, competence is knowing that guns and gun nuts are part of the problem, and repealing the amendment despite likely never going into office again to start fixing a broken system is what is needed. It’s what happen in Australia, and it’s very low on the list of mass shooting per year. And you know what, fuck the gunphiliacs who would rather have children die than having to have to earn their right to bare arms. They are part of the problem, and if all it takes is the law to incontinence them to make them into murderous psychopaths, than they deserve to go to jail.
@lonewolf
Why would the UN need to get involved? Why would the UN be invading us? What conversation have you been following?
Again, if the crazies need to be put down because having to work for owning a gun makes them psychopaths, than they deserve to be labeled as criminals.
@Background Pony #1D40
In theory. The practice has shown otherwise, though.
@Latecomer
And what’s right tends to require a lot. It would be worth it, though.
It’s like they are grasping at straws to justify not fixing a broken system.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I expect Cops who wear body armor while carrying Shotguns, SMG’s, and Auto Rifles to have initiative in taking down actual threats to the public but apparently that’s only reserved for brutalizing unarmed minorities or protecting billionaires.
MethidMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

There’s nothing that can be done about the mass shooting issue. Absolutely nothing. Fuck trying to fix anything about America, it’s a losing cause at this point.
Instead of going through the effort of trying to fix America, which is next to impossible, people should set up a non-profit organization where donaters can pitch in money to some private fund that would help make it easier for financially-challenged people to move out of the US and into safer countries.
Let America destroy itself to ashes, but let the sane and/or vulnerable people move to safety so that after it happens they can move back in and rebuild it from scratch.
IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

@MethidMan
Once again, it all comes down to who has enough money and who doesn’t. The rich celebrities are free to travel about, but middle and lower class people like me are forced to remain in the US. But once it is destroyed, who are we to guarantee that it will try and nuke the rest of the world out of spite?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide