Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #DC81
@Wiimeiser
It depends where you live. Grade 4 to 5 at the earliest. 6 to 12 at the latest. 24 states mandate it. Only 10 states require it be medically accurate. The rest are abstinence only.
Everything else is it doesn’t start ever and hope your probably very religious parents are willing to tell you about it. This is unlikely.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
And needless to say they would view UN troops as foreign invaders and have no qualms with shooting them or blowing them up.
Bottom line is the 2A is not going to get repealed, and if somehow it was, the resulting deaths will surpass Corona’s total.
Yeah the idea that you could take guns from those sorts of Americans is laughably naive. It would like thinking you could subdue Afghanistan because you have the mostest and bestest guns ever.
Gun control, like everything else liberals espouse, is dying at a rapid pace, and they can’t even realise it. The paradigms are changing, and to paraphrase F. W. de Klerk, they better adapt, or they will metaphorically die. It’s why I say Biden’s victory was the worst thing that could happen to liberalism, because it imparted all the wrong lessons, and it’s going to punish the democrats severely in both 2022 and 2024.
As for how this relates to gun control, if the democrats get their hail-mary pass and get semi-autos on the NFA list, then expect them to lose even harder than they normally would in 2022 and 2024. Hell, I’d argue that this would be the most viable option for pro-gun people to get the NFA scrapped entirely. SBRs and suppressors for everyone!
Background Pony #6B50
@Ebalosus
If they were smart they would slowly move away from gun control and on to other topics. I don’t see people abandoning the Democrat party over gun control, assuming the messaging is moved to other important topics. They would also pick up a ton of voters over time who otherwise agree with a lot of their positions but not this one.
Background Pony #6B50
@Background Pony #D717
The problem with debates is that the candidates will dodge anything that would require a detailed answer and just hit talking points. This makes sense since most people watching aren’t interested in the details. As a result you get dumb talking points like “Gun manufacturers can’t be sued!” and proposals that wouldn’t have solved the issue “Let’s expand background checks” or “We need more police officers”. Then everyone claps for their side, or if the person said it loudly that means you should cheer loudly, and the topic moves on.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

There’s nothing that can be done about the mass shooting issue. Absolutely nothing. Fuck trying to fix anything about America, it’s a losing cause at this point.
I do remember a time when something like this made some ripples, but regular people have grown used to it. There is a South Park Episode that addresses this issue. Besides the regular people for most others school shootings become part of the business. Politicians will use it to gain cloud and further agendas, gun lobby will re-invigorate the idea that a “good guy” with a gun could have prevented it, thus selling more guns.
I know i have grown completely cold to it, when i heard about the recent one i did not even check anything at all. Passed on it like a banner ad.
Latecomer

@YourPalContrail
…I’m gonna agree this isn’t suitable for elementary school. At least not in a way accessible to students - maybe a teacher has a copy for the last year’s sex ed classes, if they start that early.
IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

@Seiken
That’s exactly the problem right there. Most Americans simply don’t care about people dying. If they did they would’ve passed stricter gun laws just as Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand did. Forget all the archaic defenses of the Second Amendment for just once and do what’s right. And on top of that people are saying I’m crazy because I’m vocal and pointing out how serious the situation is.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
To the Non-American Users on here, are your police forces actually useful and not a bunch of fucking cowardly pigs with badges that only beat up unarmed minorities?
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@IWTCIEM
Most Americans do want it the issue is that enough don’t want it more then they care about hating brown people or wanting abortion illegalized, or hating LGBT people, ect so enough vote republican. Who get money from the nra who gets money from gun makers
Background Pony #1D40
@CaptainXtra
Only slightly useful. I feel like they would catch me if I broke the law (or even if I didn’t but the govt thought I did), but if someone stole my stuff, they wouldn’t be able to bring it back or catch the thief.
Not many minorities left here after WW2 and communism and even less BIPOC, so hard to say. I think the cops here are racist, but significantly less than US cops.
The crime is low here, both in police statistics and in NGO victimization surveys. I’m not sure how much it can be attributed to police doing good work. I suspect a big part of it is that not many people are willing to steal, kill or rape.
Background Pony #D9FE
I don’t know why anyone at this point thinks anything will be done about mass shootings. While tragic to be sure, the aftermath is always the same:
  1. Sending out useless “thoughts and prayers”
  2. Someone tries to find solution
  3. The mad NRA and gun nuts scream “You no take me bang-bangs.”
  4. Mutants like Alex Jones screech “hoax” and “crisis actors”.
  5. Nothing happens
  6. Wash, rinse, repeat
I really don’t know how this cycle can be broken. Maybe it can’t.
Background Pony #58F5
@AaronMk
The worst thing about cops tearing down the Jacarezinho memorial is that barely a week later, and one day before one random dude was tear gassed, cops organized another raid on a favela neighborhood just eight kilometers away that killed 26. Go figure.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
The worst thing about cops tearing down the Jacarezinho memorial is that barely a week later, and one day before one random dude was tear gassed, cops organized another raid on a favela neighborhood just eight kilometers away that killed 26. Go figure.
The handshaking meme of Brazilian cops and American cops by coming together over Sniper TF2’s motto of, “Kill everyone you meet”
IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

@Background Pony #D9FE
It breaks my heart knowing how true all of that is. The US population has truly become emasculated across the board. You have conservative and far-right kooks who are too insecure to find other professions in life other than guns, and liberals who are too chickenshit to make an actual difference. People on this forum have attacked me simply for advocating that the liberals be more pro-active.
Case in point: Step 5 is where they should call out the gun nuts and their cronies as the terrible people that they are, and that their beliefs shouldn’t be tolerated in society. If that doesn’t work, step 6 is when the UN actually grows a spine and sanctions the US for human rights violations. Granted I don’t know how step 7 and beyond would unfold; in fact I also fear an all-out war could erupt, but 5 and 6 are in the right direction.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I kicked open a door once during a renovation, pretty solid door to, with a metal bracket lock.
And yet a bunch men much larger than me, specifically trained in things like breaching, had to wait until Scruffy brought the keys.
I know that even a sturdy residential door is likely not as strong as a classroom door, but you get a burley dude in armor putting his weight into it and it’ll give.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
I can’t wait for the day when every school in the US is built like a fortress, and when the unlikely day someone attempts a land invasion of the US they find they are in Albania with all the fortress schools dotting the landscape.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide