Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@kleptomage
I also mean well, want everyone to be safe and secure, and am open to changing my mind on practical matters in the (highly unlikely) case of being convinced that guns somehow made America a safer place rather than the opposite. (My commitment to the death of the Second Amendment would not change, though.)
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Dick’s Sporting Goods has announced they will cover up to $4000 in travel expenses to any employee who needs to have an abortion but lives in a state where it’s banned.
I’m sure there’s going to be more. Hope you’re ready for the 2nd civil war because it’s coming. Especially if the right uses this to go after contraceptives, gay marriage, and everything else connected to R vs W.
Oh and no surprise George Carlin’s rant on conservatives and abortions is popping up all over Twitter.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@kleptomage
People are saying it’s mental illness that’s causing all these mass shootings, and that’s definitely part of it. There’s a huge stigma against mental illness in general; in America, the frame of reference for mental illness is Looney Tunes. People are afraid to get help because they think having a mental illness means they’ll be put in a straitjacket and locked in a padded cell.
The other half of it, and the half that’s responsible for the numbers going up, is the news. Especially Fox News. They don’t give a crap about the victims, and instead talk about how the shooter played GTA. Many mentally ill teenagers who in any other country would be seeking help from a professional see the coverage, say “I wanna be like that, too!” and do it, and it’s become an endless feedback loop.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@lonewolf
@Prince Areo
If a second American Civil War does happen (and at the current trajectory it’s inevitable, though whether the current violence will start it is up in the air) it could cause a global resonance cascade leading to us becoming Bryyo.
Background Pony #B41B
@Latecomer
You’re not even American (as you’ve stated so, yourself), nor do you live in America, so I highly doubt that you’d have any real say in the existence or legality of any Amendment of the Constitution, yourself, let alone any reason to have a lifelong desire to see to it that a law, of which is irrevocably enshrined in the Bill of Rights (the first ten Amendments that can never be tampered with), is overturned.
Minus
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

It's bad. In a good way!
Pro-lifers really got me feeling pro-death right now. It’s a pun, not a threat.
I’ve never posted in this thread before, but now seems like the right time to do it. Those of you stuck living in America, you must feel like you’re surrounded by monsters. But across that ocean is a sane world. You’re not alone. You are not outnumbered. You are the majority. Yes even in America, you are the majority. So please don’t lose hope. Don’t think that you’re alone and cornered. Because the world really has changed and grown up, even if some places don’t want things to change. We won before with less support. So it has to be easier the second time round.
Hang in there. And be loud. We’re all with you.
IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

@Minus
IDK man, if anything the other developed countries have absolutely nothing but contempt for Americans because this was allowed to persist. Canadians are already talking about building a wall along THEIR southern border to keep ALL Americans out.
Background Pony #B41B
@Dustcan
You do realize that this is likely due to winter and spring rains ending with the onset of summer (even as dry weather during the summers get more intense with climate change), and that the progression of this lake receding shown here is possibly not actually occurring at a fixed, unchanging, progressing rate that you seem to be insinuating as actually happening within this picture, but rather fluctuates during the seasons, albeit with seemingly less and less water as climate change continues without finally implementing the solution that Los Angeles is using.
Background Pony #B41B
@Dustcan
Fair enough. What CAN work is actually an ingenious solution that Los Angeles has successfully used in one of its reservoirs, by covering the entire surface area of a body of water with these non-inflated solid hard-rubber black balls to prevent the water underneath from evaporating. You should really check it out on YouTube.
@Background Pony #B41B
I have plenty of reasons, mostly found in cemeteries all over the USA. But you’re right that I have no power to make this happen, save by advocating and trying to persuade others to take up the cause. So that I do.
Also fair enough, though I still personally don’t believe there is ever going to be any possibly of revoking a bill from the Bill of Rights, let alone rightly so, as an outright abolition of 2A is an extreme, needless and unnecessary solution to actually solving the issue of gun violence in America. It’s neither practical, nor appropriate or warrented.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #D717
Feeling you’re alone can be a big component of despair.
@Background Pony #B41B
You can think what you want. A lot of people thought Roe v Wade was untouchable, too. And I don’t believe the mechanism for changing or overriding the Constitution exempts the Bill of Rights.
As for if it’s needless, unnecessary, appropriate or warranted, we’ll have to agree to disagree - I’ll give you “extreme” and “(im)practical”, though.
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@Latecomer
The mechanics for changing the Constitution would require Republican voters to decide they want to remove the Second Amendment; it’s a lot harder than getting lucky with Justice appointments.
Background Pony #B41B
To all of the people of both here and everywhere who have baselessly accused anyone who criticized or opposed completely needless and unnecessary removals (and self-flagellating apologies of the kind that Hank Azaria did) of content from circulation within popular entertainment and commercial media, during the past 2 years, as being secretly
-“pro-MAGA”
-pro-QAnon
-ascribed to Fox News
-a follower of Tucker Carlson
-subscribed to TheQuartering
-a channer from /pol/ in disguise
-and other unfounded alleged ulterior affiliations and motivations,
take on good, long look on Google at the news about Paramount refusing to remove “offensive” or “insensitive” content from their past film, or even any of the films, themselves, as it objectively would be a form of self-censorship.
That alone is precisely all that what people like myself, who are critical of media companies consistently doing the exact opposite of what Paramount did here, for more than 2 years straight—and who are actually absolutely none of those things listed above—have ever actually advocated for, in and of itself.
@Background Pony #D717
Feeling you’re alone can be a big component of despair.
@Background Pony #B41B
You can think what you want. A lot of people thought Roe v Wade was untouchable, too. And I don’t believe the mechanism for changing or overriding the Constitution exempts the Bill of Rights.
As for if it’s needless, unnecessary, appropriate or warranted, we’ll have to agree to disagree - I’ll give you “extreme” and “(im)practical”, though.
Again, fair enough. We can agree to disagree.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide