Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #1F81
@CaptainXtra
He has, but like Goku said, he’s still technically PM and the head of the Conservative party until they find his replacement next week.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@igotnopicks
Something I pointed out on another site: here in America, we allow two and a half months for Presidential transitions. And that’s when the incoming guy might not have any security clearances, any friends in Washington, or frankly any understanding of the federal government. We got the guy from The Apprentice in in two and a half months and out in two and a half months. (It got a bit chippy at the end there, but that’s beside the point.) There’s no reason Johnson should need three months to hand things off to a fellow MP from the same party. As soon as they have a replacement picked out, they should boot him to the curb.
Or “kerb”, as the case may be.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
I know many would’ve preferred the death penalty, but that’s still decent.
And don’t forget: He’s going to be an ex cop in prison. Good chance he’ll get the death penalty anyway.
Background Pony #5890
PHOENIX - On July 6, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey signed into law a bill that makes it illegal to record law enforcement within 8 feet (about 2.4 meters).
Under the new law, it is a misdemeanor if someone keeps recording, after getting a verbal warning to stop. There are, however, some exceptions to the law, including if the person recording is the one being questioned by police.
While supporters say the law is meant to protect law enforcement from harm or distraction, critics say the law is unconstitutional, and does nothing to enhance transparency.
Never let it be said that they’re getting worse. It’s the proliferation of cameras that’s causing them to get caught more.
Background Pony #1D40
@Background Pony #5890
I understand that a police officer on duty might want the crowd of onlookers to back up a bit, but I just cannot see a connection to recording. If you are standing in their face, why would it matter if you are recording?
And of course cops are going to walk towards the people recording and then claim those people were too close. Oh well…
Background Pony #658D
@Dustcan
i’ve heard that too. i’d say the fact that he had to ask permission to take one’s life in order to save tons of other lives is pretty fucked up. one should never take a life but in a life or death situation like that, it should be an exception.
on another note, Boris Johnson is resigning as Prime Minister. is it too soon to say who’ll be running for PM next?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
It’s kinda a Morton’s Fork no matter what the scenario is. If this whole “permission” thing has been going on for a while then that means any police killing that wasn’t a spur of the moment, “We thought he was reaching for a gun” reaction was an authorized execution.
If this was a policy implemented like the day before then of course, of course the first time it kicks in it costs more lives than it saved.
Background Pony #33F4
There’s not alot of info because it just happened. I couldn’t pretend to tell you why it happened.
Background Pony #B41B
“We thought he was reaching for a gun” reaction was an authorized execution.
And what if the suspect or the previously-confirmed criminal was actually reaching for a gun, then? What exactly do you think that any of the police officers in that situation should’ve done, instead?
Should they not react in a split-second manner, if and/or when they see any suspicious movements or telltale activity of which a suspect is engaging in that may signal to the officers that said suspect is about to draw their weapon and engage them with, or should they wait until that suspect either fires the first shot or makes the first strike with their melee weapon, beforehand?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I was excluding those examples because yeah, you kinda can’t wait for authorization in those split second moments.
Not that innocent people haven’t been merced even and especially in those circumstances, but it in the abstract you can’t blame a cop for not waiting on hypothetical authorizations there.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #5890
And of course cops are going to walk towards the people recording and then claim those people were too close. Oh well…
A reminder that cops have begun to randomly start playing copyrighted songs during stops in order to prevent videos of them getting on the internet.
That was actually a joke in one of Its Dawn Somewhere’s deals. They upload Disney shows and songs to the enemy base’ network and wait for the copyright takedown to disable their comms.
Found it. This series. Very nice work. Almost makes me think some of them have spent time in the blue and grey.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
So, uh, the EU Parliament just voted to overwhelmingly condemn the US SCOTUS decision to overturn Roe v Wade. That’s apparently a thing they can do.
This on conjunction with places like France and Canada reaffirming their abortion statuses also in response to America preparing to outright ban it.
America is once again leading the world…by setting examples that the rest of the world looks at tondo the opposite of.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide