Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #5890
@lonewolf
This is a terrible idea and probably a First Amendment violation. I understand the need to get creative after NYSRPA v. Bruen, but this ain’t the way.
@Ciaran
Yep. Now that the price has tanked, they have a fiduciary duty to take him to the cleaners. Either he buys it at the agreed $54.20 (lol funny number) or pays damages equal to the difference. He really doesn’t have a way out of this.
The irony is, Twitter’s userbase doesn’t want this any more than he does. The only people who benefit are the ones cashing out.
@The Smiling Pony
No one was in a rush to arm the insurgents in Iraq or Afghanistan. If, say, China had really wanted to screw us, they could have armed those mud farmers with some pretty swanky anti-air and anti-armor gear. But we had the wisdom(?) to pick on countries that weren’t particularly well-liked to begin with.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
I have a feeling that Japan is about to vilify double barrel shotguns.
Doomslayer and trusty boomstick might not be welcomed there anymore.
Guns are already highly illegal in Japan. Probably more so than the UK. May even get someone subjected to some obscure 16th century codes that the Meiji reforms didn’t exactly over-ride
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Ohio GQP House reps are pushing a bill that will force schools to tell “both sides” of the Holocaust.
They are literally both-siding the literal Holocaust.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Dustcan
What in the holy f### are they smoking to make them think this is even remotely a good idea?
You CANNOT sit there and claim that “both sides were equally bad” when it involves f###ing nazis. IT’S AS SIMPLE AS THAT.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Biden has said that if Dems win just 2 more seats in the Senate then we’ll be able to officially codify Roe into law.
I mean, on the one hand nice wording. Subtly declaring that Manchinema are what’s stopping the bill (and they are by the way. Dems tried to codify it already, only for those 2 to kill it).
Of course it’s also more “Just vote” crap from the party that can only say that, but it’s still something. And yes, getting Manchinema to lose their kingmaker powers will be progress.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Now, this is my personal opinion, but I strongly suspect that Manchinema are a handy scapegoat that Biden uses as an excuse to sit on his hands. He wants to do as little as possible while in office, lest he offend the megadonors that he promised nothing fundamentally would change.
If we had a president with a bully pulpit and the will to use it, Manchinema would get in line real damn fast.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Brandy Bottone of Plano says she received a citation for driving alone in the two-or-more occupant lane after arguing her fetus should be considered a person.
I’ve said many times that the best way to make abortion legal at the federal level is for someone to successfully sue to force insurance companies to provide life insurance from the moment of conception. You have a miscarriage? Life insurance must be paid out.
Do that and watch how hard and fast insurance companies lobby Congress to legalize abortion.
Money is the only thing that politicians care about. Anyone who thinks they are opposed to abortion for moral reasons is fooling themselves. They’d pay for their mistress to have an abortion in a heartbeat. So if we can’t beat Citizens United right now, let’s use it.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Does an image of two former worlds leaders of when they WERE world leaders warrant a post in the politics thread?
If not then the next sentence shall add da polly ticks!
Hearing that this Abe fella was a bit of a “Japanese War Crimes Denier” type of dude…
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Ok…? Not sure what your point is since it wasn’t a 3D-printed gun, and I subscribe to Kranzberg’s laws of technology, especially the first one.
There’s a lot of interest within the 3D-printed gun community to see if they could replicate that. There’s already an effort to replicate the gun used to assassinate Abe to see how it stacks up against the likes of the Liberator 12k and some of the single-shot designs out there; not because they approve of the assassination, but to gauge (excuse the pun) the effectiveness of what are considered [by the 3D-printed gun community] to be primitive, less-effective firearms compared to the likes of the FGC-9. It’s one thing to read about them, but quite another to compare them in the flesh.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
“History is written by the victors” doesn’t work when the south already re-written how the Civil War went.
@Violet Rose in The Rain
What’s more Christian than discriminating against God’s people? There’s a reason Jesus spoke poorly about churches in the bible.
@Penguin Dragneel
I want to see them to the same with every explorer/colonist and native meeting here in the USA as well. Not cherry pick, but every one, including when the colonist dismember the friendly ones to be assholes.
@Dustcan
This is where refusing to criticize your own party gets you: Writing laws to make literal Nazis happy.
@Violet Rose in The Rain
I hope someone does that. It will be fun explaining to my parents why their “pro-life” side no longer sees fetuses as babies.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
I’ve said many times that the best way to make abortion legal at the federal level is for someone to successfully sue to force insurance companies to provide life insurance from the moment of conception. You have a miscarriage? Life insurance must be paid out.
Do that and watch how hard and fast insurance companies lobby Congress to legalize abortion.
Money is the only thing that politicians care about. Anyone who thinks they are opposed to abortion for moral reasons is fooling themselves. They’d pay for their mistress to have an abortion in a heartbeat. So if we can’t beat Citizens United right now, let’s use it.
Unfortunately you already can’t insure a baby before two weeks old and you don’t have a constitutional right to insurance. Nobody actually has to insure you if they don’t want to.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide