Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Something else that I realize about Amber vs Johnny is that it shows a deep flaw in our system: people will pick a side base on what people are, not the evidence and facts. People were quick to side with Amber because she was a bi woman who was a liberal, even when the evidence on both sides heavily favored Johnny being the victim and Amber was the abuser. Think about how much this mentality extends to who people vote for.
Background Pony #1D40
@Meanlucario
An insurance provider may for example decide not to insure people younger than 6 years. Doesn’t matter that a 5 year old is a person.
@Dustcan
“Both siding” the Holocaust sounds like a satirical hyperbole. Like something that IWTCIEM would say: “US is so evil that they are capable of both-siding the Holocaust”. And yet it’s actually happening. I just cannot even.
Background Pony #1D40
@Meanlucario
If you force them to provide insurance that they don’t want to provide, they will just set extremely high premiums. If you force a low premium, they will be forced to increase other premiums to compensate.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Tbf, Ohio is basically a satire of a real place.
They treat their roads with toxic, radioactive coal ash for winter because a coal lobbiest spent millions to convince people that black ice is more dangerous than black lung and cancer.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
So the Both Sides Bill applies to the teaching 9/11 too? So they do want us being taught the terrorists’ perspective?
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Vivace
The terrorist where likely under the influence of the CIA and disassociative drugs.
Nah I just made that up. Something doesn’t add up to me though, normal people on their own volition don’t fly into buildings.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
Coal power used to account for over half the electricity generation but had declined to under 1/3rd in less than 7 years. Despite the recent SC ruling, and the small bump in coal burning in 2021-22, coal is on a sharp decline.
Aside from small-scale retrofits, no new major coal plants have been built in years, while several shut down or change to natural gas every few months.
And it has nothing to do with the government. It’s all in the market.
West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and South Dakota rely heavily on coal for their economies, and experts believe that if major shifts don’t happen in the next decade, all 4 states may face huge declines. And millions may lose their jobs.
Uncle Sam ain’t the one putting them out of work either, Adam Smith is. Because that’s just the invisible hand smacking coal in the face and going for cheaper, better investments.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Beth
There are over 7 billion people on this planet and only a tiny fraction of those would ever by truly considered “normal”.
Plus, suicide attacks against a reviled enemy (with bonus expectation of a glorious afterlife) have been a thing since antiquity. The only thing that made 9/11 outstanding in that regard was how long it took to pan out, as most such attacks are a spur of the moment thing, but humanity was already extending the window from “I’ll kill myself to kill more of them” with WW2 Japanese suicide torpedoes and the proliferation of suicide bombings in the Middle East.

As for the “both sides” of 9/11, I very much assume that the whitewashing of the US’ involvement in Al Qaeda existing or how our great “ally” Saudi Arabia funded the whole thing already happened in school textbooks long, long ago. “Both sides” in this case will likely be “radical muslims attacked us for no reason whatsoever” vs “it was a deep state false flag to further the globalist agenda”.
Beth
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@The Smiling Pony
I think normal should refer to most people who stay within their cultural rules.
The Japanese soldiers where on copious amounts of methamphetamine, and where forced to agree to do it. If they flew back once without blowing themselves up they where disciplined and given another chance, if they came back twice they where killed.
However your thing about the glorious afterlife, or even benefits for the persons family have been motivators too. It is possible for religion alone to motivate people into suicide, i’ve heard of it before.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Beth
Mind I didn’t mean “kamikaze” pilots, which started off as the result of “I’m hit / not enough fuel to make it back / my carrier got sunk” and devolved into straight-up official training and squadrons for the task, but actual suicide torpedoes.
Basically, it sadly isn’t that unique that a group of supposedly rational people would spend a long period of time preparing how to kill as many as their enemy as possible, with their own death being required for it.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@The Smiling Pony
Yeah many kamakazi pilots only had the fuel to go one way, this was likely done on purpose too. I didn’t know the idea started from incidents where there wasn’t much of a choice.
Japanese culture has a way of pressuring people to do things, they can also be very spiritual and hold honor in high regard.
I didn’t know about the suicide torpedoes, that’s pretty brutal. I know men also sat in pits, and detonated explosives blowing themselves up to stop military vehicles.
Terton
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Barghest Best Girl
There’s a decommissioned coal power station in Warrington called Fiddlers Ferry that I can see from the slightly more open and elevated spots in my town, and it’s going to be demolished at some point (the pandemic kinda ruined their original plans, so now it’s kinda up in the air as to when it’ll happen). It’s been a landscape feature for so long now that; while I am happy to see the decline of coal, it’s gonna weird when it’s gone. Kinda like when an old gas tower in another town we could always see was demolished.
Still though, at the end of the day it’s for the best.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
If Superman was satire of the Nazi’s “master race,” does that mean every Superman deconstruction is base on Nazi views?
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Meanlucario
I doubt it was meant to be satire of Nazis. The target of your satire wouldn’t be the good guy who always wins. Not to mention as an alien, he doesn’t qualify as an aryan.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Natry
The Nazi’s “master race” is that there’s is a race who’s is superior to all others and should rule all others. Superman wasn’t born on Earth, but is human in almost every way otherwise (by comicbook standards, though he’s also a very human super hero). This “master race” just hates the Nazi. It’s the same mentality behind Captain America, both made due to the Nazi’s growing in power (and Superman made by jewish people, even given the Moses backstory).
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Meanlucario
I highly doubt Superman was made due to Nazis. The two of them were working on Superman in 1932, before Nazi Germany grew to become abig threat years later.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
  1. They could have changed him to fit the satire once they grew that big.
  2. They could have saw the writing on the wall and got a head-start on satirizing their mentality.
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Nazi Germany may not have seemed like an international threat to the world in 32, but the antisemitism (and other shit) that fueled it didn’t just pop out of nowhere one day (nor was it contained to just Germany, at all).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide