Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Horsefucker_Faraday

The bombing of the Georgian Guidestones.
On 6th of July a bomb went off at the Georgian Guidestones, a monument build in 1979, commissioned on behalf of an anonymous, “group of loyal Americans” with a intriguing set of Commandments.
Some info.
Inscriptions.
Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion – faith – tradition – and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth – beauty – love – seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the Earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature.
Explanatory tablet.
The Georgia Guidestones
Center cluster erected March 22, 1980
Let these be guidestones to an Age of Reason
Astronomic features
1. Channel through stone
indicates celestial pole
2. Horizontal slot indicates
annual travel of sun
3. Sunbeam through capstone
marks noontime throughout
the year

Author: R.C. Christian
(a pseudonyn) [sic]

Sponsors: A small group
of Americans who seek
the Age of Reason

Time Capsule
Placed six feet [1.83 m] below this spot
On
To be opened on
Who I think might have been interested in the construction of such a monument. New Age iterations of Christianity, Humanists, Theosophical Society.
Who I think might have destroyed the monument. Any reactionary types, Christian fundamentalists, Right Wing and Left Wing radicals.
Background Pony #1F81
Hunter Biden is trending on Twitter again.
Supposedly someone on 4chan was able to hack into his iPhone and get a bunch of images/videos from it.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
June job numbers greatly beat expectations, and several key industries that were hit hard by the pandemic added jobs. This is in defiance of the supposed looming recession that, baring the great recession a few years ago, are typically heralded by steady and steep job losses before hand.
Not everyone is happy about this. Take this Clinton affiliated brain trust for example.
“Former Clinton Treasury Secretary Larry Summers stands behind his argument millions of Americans may need to lose their jobs for inflation to drop. Summers told the London School of Economics that unemployment needs to be at 5% for five years to contain inflation. It’s currently at a desirable 3.6%.”
This is a reminder that inflation is artificial and that corporations could slash it immediately with an across the board cut to profits but instead pass the bill onto the workers and consumers.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The PewDiePipeline happens M8. I would know, I fell for it.
Imagine that. The site that was created because Derpibooru wasn’t Nazi friendly enough is very Nazi friendly.
Lauren Boebert has been reported to the FBI for her threatening tweets at Biden. Coupled with the news that tomorrow’s Jan 6 hearings is set to link sitting Congresspeople with the insurrection and I’m feeling pretty happy about our democracy’s health right now.
I’m expecting disappointment in the next few days when nothing inevitably happens with either, but hey I’ll take what I can get at this point.
Hooray for lowered standards!
Background Pony #1D40
@Ebalosus
It’s obvious that 4chan is not the CEO of racism. That stuff is everywhere - on Facebook, on Discord servers, on its own dedicated websites…
I’m simply saying that 4chan is filled with alt-right and general edgy misanthropy, just like all undermoderated “free speech” social media are destined to be.
Other boards are less popular than /b/ and /pol/ and not that separate from them. For example /k/ explicitly tells people to discuss law and politics on /pol/ (as if you could hold a reasonable discussion there).
Material conditions are obviously important, but you can’t explain everything with them. People who are well off materially can still be racist/sexist/etc. Once people move up in Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, they are too often fulfilling their psychological needs in wrong ways. And they have more time and energy for culture wars.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Check this out.
So Disney made a tweet about the 50th anniversary of Disney World in Florida. The comments section is filled with not just righties saying they won’t go there because of their “wokeness”, there’s lefties saying that too because of it being in Florida. Pretty amusing to see both sides blasting them, while pretty much ignoring each other.
FITTING MEME IMAGE:
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The first image of the James Webb Space Telescope has been released and it shows thousands of galaxies.
And here I am being “That Guy” and thinking “Like, I know this is a big step in science. But I don’t know what the James Webb Space Telescope is and the image itself looks like a slightly more colorful night sky to me.”
I disappoint myself.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Hunter Biden is a name I’m hearing a lot right now because I hear someone hacked his phone…
Meanwhile Bannon is all set to sing for the Jan 6th Committee…
We are seeing political warfare right now lads.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I’m not kidding whatsoever when I say just bring Hunter Biden’s laptop in to testify in front of a committee.
Right wing talking heads have been screaming “SQUIRREL!” over that thing every time another controversy in the Republican party crops up so I say call their bluff. Bring the thing in and just let the camera pan over it as Republicans on the committee no joke start asking it questions. Hell, play some eerie music when it’s on camera just to complete the jest.
Alt-reich talking heads over at Fox News or Breitbart will be falling over themselves to keep up the distraction even as their most dim in the audience begins to realize what a nothingburger the thing really has been.
Background Pony #33F4
No matter what anyone has ever told me I can’t understand why I’m supposed to care about Hunter Biden. If it was someone else like, I don’t know, Hideo Kojima I guess, I would care more because he actually would have political influence on a very small level. Hunter Biden is just another schmuck. A schmuck with no power.
And every presidential kid has benefited from nepotism so I don’t why I should care about that either. Especially when it didn’t give him any power and the last time it happened and they did get power I got told in certain terms, that’s fine and okay to do.
@BlitztheDragon
I’m surprised there’s a place worse then Twibooru.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@CaptainXtra
He’s the kind of bloke who doesn’t believe in bad advertising. He’ll spend the whole time selling something. Maybe treat it as an interview opportunity. Plus he seems to think that just sitting in a chair scowling at the camera bullshitting and invoking the 5th will be enough to free him from all the legal baggage he’s got chained around his neck from his contempt charges.
Who knows, maybe he thinks he’ll say something pithy that will make him a hero again in Mar-a-Lardo’a eyes.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Fox News is now saying that gas prices are falling too fast and hurting the poor, destitute megacorp gas stations.
NGL, I didn’t have that squirrel on my ‘Alt reich distraction’ bingo card.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Yes.
I mean where I am gas peaked at $4.99 and after these 3 weeks of continuous falling the cheapest station is…$4.35. I sure would like to know where I can find these stations who’s prices are falling fast, let alone “too fast”.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Biden has announced that his administration will be enforcing an existing law that says doctors will have to provide abortions if they deem that the mother’s life is in danger.
Okay. That’s one of the 3 common sense exceptions now covered
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide