Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Beth
no u
In any case, you’ve been shitting up the thread with complete nonsense for three days now and nothing you’ve said in that time makes any real sense or has any real value. A one night drunk/high posting spree is understandable; this is just nonsense.
Background Pony #6582
I watched 2 videos about Viktor Orban, and he’s basically Trump, but with an IQ above freezing.
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
The picture I posted intentionally depicted a ‘stupid’ character refusing to surrender his firearm. To illustrate that it’s stupid people who will be hardest to deal with during gun control.
I’ll try harder to have a point next time i say something, instead of fetishizing evil because i’m inherently pessimistic.
I suppose you’re right. Saying stupid impulsive things is thought provoking sometimes, but I been doing it for a while. I got more important things to do, see everyone in the vent thread.
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

A potential hope spot for Democrats lies in the MN-01 Special Election. Republican Brad Finstad, who was already expected to win, is on track to win this Trump+10 district by just 4 points, a rather significant underperformance. As Cook Political’s Dave Wasserman pointed out on Twitter, this is “remarkably consistent” with the Republican underperformance in the NE-01 (Trump+11) special election, which saw Mike Flood win by just 5 points.
Wasserman says this might be evidence of the partisan enthusiasm gap closing post-Dobbs.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Since “super straight” is on my mind, is there an actual term/are there actually terms for being straight/gay and not into dating trans people?
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
I don’t get the point of super straight. When have straight people ever been not able to express themselves?
Aren’t straight people like 80-90% of all sexually active people? Super Straight memes make straight people look like a minority, just because straight people aren’t the center of everyone’s adoration all the time.
What other terms for straights not dating trans people? I have no clue, trans people are pretty hot. I don’t think that not being into trans is transphobic though. Wanting someone who can have kids isn’t transphobic atleast.
Apparently there is straight people that get physically ill any time someone is positive about another sexuality. I guess they’re super straight.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Background Pony #D717
Cis means the person is not trans, and het means heterosexual. How the words go these days if a man dates a trans women, he’s still straight. This is a bit confusing for me, most people who identify as straight have no romantic interest in trans.
There might not be a good term for straight people that don’t date trans. Maybe there should be, but ‘super straight’ already sounds inflammatory and insecure.
If we do get a term for people who don’t date trans, no doubt it will be weaponized, and even if people sincerely use the word without hate, it will still be used to harass trans people.
Maybe super straight doesn’t have to be a bad thing, I just associated it with douchy insecure comics. The word super inplies some sort of superiority maybe, which could be offensive to some people.
Background Pony #6582
“Liberals in America would be far-right in Europe!”.
Yeah, no. There are some FAR-right politicians in Europe. The people who say this need to educate themselves on European politics. Europe has plenty of right-wing politicians.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Inflation has nosed dived much faster than expected, and the markets acted accordingly, all three major indexes surged and are still climbing.
The jobs report, mixed with the declines in inflation and dropping gas prices are fueling speculation that we may avoid a recession.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@The Smiling Pony
The funny thing is, he’s not wrong in this case. The Fif doesn’t protect you in civil suits like this one. Courts are allowed to draw an “adverse inference” from a refusal to testify. So you should only risk it if you have really do something to hide. (Financial damages are bad. Federal prison is worse.)
@Zincy
I’m seeing a 0% increase for July? That’s amazing. Year-over-year is still high, 8.5%, but the more good months we have the sooner that’ll come down.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Human
Oh, I know. I just find it funny how quickly the party of “only criminals ask for a lawyer”, “back the blue”, and “if you’ve done nothing wrong you have nothing to hide” change tune when it’s them being investigated, and not some minority jacked up for carrying too much weed.

Now for what might be so fucking funny it could give us a new “hoisted by his own petard” (I’m voting for “Trumped himself”),
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Beth
A mix of puritanism, alcohol industry lobbying, pharma industry lobbying, and believe it or not, the paper industry lobbying.
The private prison and police lobbies have been a later thing.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@The Smiling Pony
yeah I heard of those things too. For some reason I assumed these could distractions from the most shameful reason, but I know for a fact that pharma also hates weed.
marijuana reduces painkiller abuse. Or at least painkiller abuse went down in states that legalized marijuana.
Marijuana is good for pain, epilepsy, seizures, mood/behavioral disorders. Withdraw effects are none physically. It’s not good for driving or operating heavy machinery though. It can reduce withdraw effects and cravings of other drugs.
Painkiller abuse is deaths favorite pastime. People that get injured eventually find out painkillers feel really good, and make their problems go away. Painkillers suffocate the body by suppressing your breathing reflex even if you cling to life, you can have reduced brain function from hypoxic conditions.
Painkillers are addictive because the withdraw makes people feel hot, and in pain, and tingling all over, they might be manic or delusional, with general dysphoria. They can make all this terrible stuff go away by just taking another painkiller.
I think weed killed someone once. A bail of it landed on him and broke his neck. Lol jk, actually weed might be responsible for a concerning amount of motor fatalities, and cardiac events. Weed does raise blood pressure, for 15 minutes or post hit, so if you have heart concerns you might not want to be inhaling stuff.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@CaptainXtra
It’s kind of an example of doing the wrong thing for the right reason.
Yesterday was the day those maps were used in the preliminaries, and trying to redistrict everyone and get all the new ballots created and distributed in time was impractical, and probably would have caused a lot of messes.
Hopefully they’ll make the changes now before November though.
Although I’m sure that voting in the preliminaries yesterday, then finding out that you’re no longer in the district where that person is running in November, will be as bad as if they’d tried to change them in time for yesterday’s votes.
2LDR: Voting in the United States is horrifically stupid and broken.
Background Pony #1D40
@Background Pony #6582
Europe is very much into social spending, so financially Democrats would be considered center or right-wing. Nobody batted an eye when a far-right party proposed government-issued coupons for cultural institutions and events. You would get some coupons, enter cultural events, museums, etc. by redeeming the coupons and then the institutions would get paid by the government based on amount of redeemed coupons.
But things like immigration, gay marriage, abortion, etc. are not so obvious and vary across Europe. In one country, only far right would oppose gay marriage, while in another country, center parties see no pressing reason to legalize it. In one country, only far right would stop immigrants from entering, in another country only the left would let them in.
Other topics like guns, drugs, surveillance or freedom of speech are even more surprising for Americans. You might have right-wing parties that try to ban guns and left-wing parties that support gun ownership.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide