Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
I mean hey, it’s a free country, my guy (unlike Western Europe, and places more authoritarian than them).
That statement alone convinces me you need a serious mental evaluation (and this from someone who doesn’t like Europe in general, as in the whole continent, but not for the reasons your sick mind state).
Background Pony #0E14
@SleepySteve
If you have such a massive problem with the fact that any political group and ideology can legally freely exist in this country, then you might as well be more hell-bent on tearing up the fucking constitution and the Bill of Rights than Trump or any of the so-called “fascist/Neo-Nazi Republican” chumps ever could be.
Background Pony #0E14
@SleepySteve
I am well-aware that there are Neo-Nazis who chose to vote Republican. And that’s not even why I alluded to that pointless, dogshit ad hominem.
But hell, that’s not even the main point of my reply. Try to stay on track with the greater topic at hand, will you?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Nazism isn’t a political ideology, it’s a disease. And like all disease, our goal should be its swift eradication.
Communism, capitalism, hell even autocacy in its barest sense are not “inherently” evil, but all three have been used for evil.
Nazism, that’s just pure evil. There are no good Nazis. Unless they’re six feet under.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Nazism, that’s just pure evil. There are no good Nazis. Unless they’re six feet under.
Every time I see someone equate communism with Nazism I assume they’re probably a Nazi.
Background Pony #0E14
@Zincy
If you’re referring to my earlier comment, then I mostly agree with what your assertions, even though Nazism is also technically a political ideology—on top of being pure evil and a disease.
(With that in mind, I can only cross my fingers that you’re equally wise enough to recognize that as absolutely full of shit and useless as they are, the GOP as a whole and the vast majority of Republicans today are still not Nazis, nor anywhere near as bad as them.
I do not like the Republican Party and so much of the bullshit that’s come out of them, either, yet I really wish that people would not be such unhinged maniacs when expressing their distain or even hatred for them, and that the same thing should go for the inverted scenario, with Democrats and their party being the target, as well.)
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
In case you’re wondering how much of a joke Germany is, Chancellor Olaf Scholz will visit Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE to secure additional gas to replace Russian gas.
That’s right, he’s talking to three countries with worse human rights records than Russia, one of which (Saudi) is conducting an ongoing invasion/bombing campaign against its neighbor (Yemen).
@Meanlucario
Or you can just declare it a criminal organization and have a party further to the left of Democrats replace it.
Background Pony #0E14
@Meanlucario
So long as its done non-violently and legally, I see virtually no problem with this proposal.
In case you’re wondering how much of a joke Germany is, Chancellor Olaf Scholz will visit Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE to secure additional gas to replace Russian ones.
That’s right, he’s talking to three countries with worse human rights records than Russia, one of which (Saudi) is conducting an ongoing invasion/bombing campaign against its neighbor (Yemen).
@Meanlucario
Or you can just declare it a criminal organization and have a party further to the left of Democrats replace it.
It is completely illegal and unconstitutional to declare any political party of the United States of America a criminal organization, and you should absolutely know this. Anyone speaking who acts like they have any authority to assert what can and should happen in America, regarding its politics, should know this.
You’re no exception.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

the GOP as a whole and the vast majority of Republicans today are still not Nazis, nor anywhere near as bad as them.
The bill says no “divisive topics” can even be taught. When you see what “divisive topics” are defined as, you can see that teachers will no longer be able to teach about any genocide, racism, sexism, or other similar things regardless of context unless they want to do so without having the students be graded on it.
Want to teach about the Civil Rights Movement? Great. Want to have your students write a graded essay on how Jim Crow laws were racist and how the Brown v. Board decision began the reversal of those racist laws? Nope. Want to talk about how the Holocaust was the targeted extermination of specific people groups based upon their identities? Great. Want to have a multiple choice question on a test asking which historical event led to the death of six million Jews during World War II? Nope.
This is the idea:
  • The bill forbids “teaching, instructing, or training” divisive concepts, but doesn’t clearly distinguish between teaching about a concept and teaching that a concept is correct. If “teaching” includes “teaching about” – like when you say “I teach American History” – then discussion of these topics is forbidden.
  • The first divisive concept is that “one nationality [etc.] is inherently superior to another nationality [etc.]” It would be nearly impossible to discuss the Holocaust without discussing its key justification – that Aryans are inherently superior to other races – which is a divisive concept.
  • The bill tries to get around this by explicitly permitting “impartial discussion of controversial aspects of history” and “impartial discussion on … historical oppression.”
  • The phrase “impartial discussion” is what the OP tweet is getting at. “Impartial discussion” usually means teaching “both sides.” It would be immoral to have an “impartial discussion” of the Holocaust or really any historical tragedy motivated by racism, because empathy forces us to be partial.
It definitely will be used to prevent people from teaching about structural racism, because the existence of structural racism, at least on a national level, is explicitly listed as a divisive concept. That’s not as bad as “both sides-ing the Holocaust,” but it is still a disservice to students. Students deserve to know about our nation’s lasting problems so that they’re better equipped to fix them.
Background Pony #0E14
@Violet Rose in The Rain
Morally-speaking, only the Holocaust and any such deliberate atrocity on any exactly similar scale should be warranted as being exempt from “impartial” discussion.
The reason is simple: save for those exceptions I mentioned, avoiding impartial discussion under any circumstances can put dissemination and depiction of historical topics at risk of being warped into borderline propaganda, with absolutely no uncompromising effort into always placing factual objectivity first and foremost (this isn’t something that only people on the right side of the political spectrum do, by the way).
It definitely will be used to prevent people from teaching about structural racism, because the existence of structural racism, at least on a national level, is explicitly listed as a divisive concept.
Depends on how you and others who promote the concept of ‘structural racism’ as being something that actually does still exist on a severe or significant enough level, today, define the term.
Also, there’s this:
Anything that is unconstitutional should absolutely be taken before the Supreme Court (even in the state that it appears to be in, now). No exceptions.
Other than that, I’m not too familiar of the details behind this situation.
And as for the fascism aspect, I don’t see anything really convincing as to how the more crazy and unfit senator and representatives of the GOP make up the entire party, whereas the likes of the Nazi Party and other fascist organizations have always been comprised of absolutely nothing but total crazies from day one of their existence (to act like that is the case is to completely ignore the overall state of the party as it existed and evolved throughout its entire history, since 1861).
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears

Putting aside that this never happened, it’s funny that this cable news-brained take is coming from someone with the same surname as someone in the Mafia.
White on white wars really suck.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide