Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
DeSantis canned a lawyer for not enforcing his abortion ban. That lawyer is now suing him and the judge has already given the okay that DeSantis must stand trial.
I don’t know what governor can and can’t do so I don’t know what outcome to expect.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
It’s more that DeSantis really wants to be an autocrat but we still live in (ostensibly) a democracy.
Also, his reason for the canning was that the lawyer was pushing a “woke agenda”, so yeah it’s more posturing for his potential 2024 presidential run. Because of course.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
At this rate it looks like Giorgia Meloni will be the next PM of Italy when elections happen on Sunday. She’ll be the country’s first fascist leader since Mussolini.
Time to BDS Italy forever.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@SleepySteve
“We must completely destroy a country for all eternity because of one electoral cycle we disliked”
Can you please stop having the most garbage takes this thread has had in its entire 5 year run? You’ve somehow managed to barge in here and say more dumb shit than anyone else has been able to for years in just a single month, and I’m including hillbe and kyleb in that list.
Princess Applejack

@Dustcan
I don’t believe that DeSantis will get that far in his Presidential run, unlike Trump DeSantis lacks the charm and charisma to blunt the edges of his personality. That would make him off putting to people outside of the most extreme ends of his party and motivate the opposing party to vote against him.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Even the Police immune to this type of idiocy.
TL;DR: A video shows police arresting a 20 year old woman suspected of Road Rage. As the police put her in the Police Cruiser, little do they know that they parked the Cruiser on an active train tracks. As police was searching her car, the Police Cruiser was hit by a Union Pacific Freight Train with the arrested woman still inside; she survived.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Putin supporters online wish for winter so they want the EU to collapse and Russia to steamroll. I hope the EU survives nonetheless, so that Putin’s forces will take out their mad leader, and his keyboard warriors will go down with him!
Without Russian gas, can the EU still survive?
(chuckles) Yada yada… Sorry, absolutely nothing against you, because I understand and respect in principle the need to worry about the current development of the world. But… this wishful dream of putists is so ridiculous that I just want to say that the Russian army is not even the biggest problem with this idea. Just think for yourself what effort it would take to hold the “conquered” territories. Morally, economically and also with the background thought that even with all propaganda the Russian forces are not able to hold such areas in view of today’s media and social possibilities.
Basically, we are experiencing here right now the fact that war no longer means simply conquering a territory. A lesson that should have been learned long ago from the Afghanistan situation. You can’t win a war (anymore) in the “conventional” way these days.
Yeah, yeah, I am aware that we could now discuss a lot about the annexation of Crimea in 2014. But this is exactly the crux of the matter. The whole Russian approach is more or less based on the experience of the last decade. But let’s be honest… A lot can change within (almost) a decade. And the Russians have fallen into their own trap. The belief that the EU and its NATO allies would make the same mistake a second time again.
Okay, here’s a thing. I’m sure future generations will see it similarly. The Ukrainians’ will to resist was massively underestimated. And, I am personally completely open about it: it is admirable.
This whole conflict revealed the weakness of all of us. Both on the Western side and on the Eastern side. Not only from an ideological point of view, but also to the fact that war is perceived completely differently nowadays than it was a few years ago. Here, it can be said that Ukraine and its president were massively underestimated. And in times when media presence counts more than just entertaining someone, Selenskyj consciously or unconsciously became a media star. And thus turned the whole thing around quite a bit.
No, of course, Selenskyj was not the real reason for Ukraine’s resistance alone. For that they had prepared themselves far too much under the command of Valery Salushnyi for the upcoming conflict. And hell, is the man a tactical genius.
What I’m getting at is, the Russians are fighting according to outdated combat doctrines and we in the West are still stuck in outdated thinking. If this war (and this “excites” me the most) produces anything like something good is that previous military doctrines are obsolete. Because for more than 20 years we in the West followed the doctrines of September Eleventh. And these were just weak. Sorry. I do not want to offend anyone with this statement.The Russians thought they could profit from it now. But they failed in the face of reality.
Because war, war always remains the same. Hardly anyone than we Germans have had this experience. But war as such has changed a lot. The question is only… Are we ready to fight this war, which is on your meta-level. Or can we adapt in time. Because the Russians haven’t.
The real question should be, do we have it in the West?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Before, Alex Jones had 2 different attitude, the one he took to court and the one he takes on Infowars. Now he’s just using his Infowars persona in both as he’s just given up not shouting at everybody in the room when in court.
Princess Applejack

My guess is Alex knows he is going to lose the case again so he isn’t even pretending to care anymore. He no longer is in an echo chamber where he can throw bile at the walls without consequences he is in a court room where everything he says can and will be used against him.
@NitroFury
I heard about that. This is a consequence from hyper policing. You want more cops on the street so you overlook quality for quantity leading to poorly trained cops. The good cops often get chased out the department or become corrupt themselves, leading to a blue wall of silence because since cops are in high demand and yet the negative view associated with cops leads to lower pools of recruitment it means the bad cops are more incentivized to stay on the force.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Germany… Yes, Germany. It’s one of those key players that now has to become aware of itself.
And here’s my clear statement as a German: No, we haven’t and we won’t so easily.
The reason? Well, Germany lived far too long in the pleasant illusion that we supposedly knew more about the Russians than others. Why? Because we had this decades-long bond with them in East Germany.
But the sad truth is: We lived the last decades only by letting ourselves be guided more and more by this naive idea that the Russian is actually a good guy (even if misunderstood). And we have shown ourselves many things, just as with the Chinese, only “openly”. Hey, we are no longer Nazis. So the world will forgive us if we negotiate properly with the “supposed” bad guys.
And guess what? We have lived with it properly for at least two decades. Without explaining this properly to our own people. All is well in Germany. Our economy is flourishing. We have enough gas. We have enough import/export. We are totally the good guys.
Here’s my very personal view on this: We as a people have completely ignored the fact that our supposed prosperity lives solely from getting into the same bed with the scum of the earth. Because hey… We are no longer the bad guys. So, yes, we must be comfortable with the “misunderstood”.
Bullshit. Sorry, I can’t put it any other way. We have sacrificed our own prosperity to the completely naive view that these autocratic, dictatorial regimes don’t really want anything other than to negotiate with us. We have virtually perfected this agenda under Madame Merkel. We are not evil. The others can’t be evil either. As long as we all profit from it, the world is okay…
Ha… Please bear with me that I, as a German, have more than a weak smile for here. I was always aware that Germany is not trying to be really weak or devious. Because, in fact, we weren’t. We were only so attached to our prosperity that we saw a pack of the devil as something good.
And now we are experiencing the unrest within our people, because we do not want to see that all the prosperity of the last decades was based only on the fact that we sold ourselves like the whore of Babylon. A circumstance that will not change so easily.
Most Germans may see it all a little differently. And is ridiculed and despised for it. But those who have enjoyed prosperity for so long will probably consolidate themselves into the right-wing conservative wing. In principle, here in Germany we are experiencing what has been sold in France, Poland, Italy and Hungary for some time.
We simply placed on the burden of others. And are now too cowardly to want to accept the truth. And how this question will be decided in the coming weeks, months or years will be decided by the fate of the Western world, just as in the USA.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Well some good news. After his migrant stunt DeSantis is now trailing his challenger Charlie Crist by 6 points.
Florida’s gonna Florida, but after a certain point even they can see that a man more interested in throwing your state under the bus to look good on a national stage probably isn’t a good pick to run your state. It also probably isn’t a good pick to run your country when you see how he runs his state, but we’ll cross that bridge in a couple years.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

seventh layer of hair
Putler now wants to enlist all male Russian citizens in to the war and I write this vent because if he does, he is putting my highly anticipated match up between Islam Makhachev and Charles Oliveira on UFC 280 this October 22 in absolute jeopardy.
The curse of Khabib vs. Ferguson is looking to pass on this modified version of that forbidden fight.
lonewolf
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
@Khamzat Chimaev
Damn he’s doing everything he can to make his micro penis look big. The fact he’s willing to send millions to slaughter says it all, and I don’t think he’ll make it that far.
Background Pony #0847
I know very little about MA but I would be very surprised if Islam Makhachev ends up being conscripted. At the very least - not now. It’s just not the way things work here
The formal mobilization target is 300k - which is quite possibly is a bullshit in both directions at once: I do not feel safe that the Russian authorities would not try to conscript many more people, but it is also highly likely they will not be able to hit the target number.
Makhachev while being of much greater value as a recruit than many people we’ve seen getting conscripted is incredibly likely to get exempted whether on some technicality, outright fraud, or personally “in the national interests”. Which is not to say the fight will com through - you may guess a number of other obstacles arising now.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Body cam footage released from those idiot cops who left their occupied patrol car on a set of train tracks indicates that not only did they not realize they had parked on an obvious crossing, but that they had forgotten that the victim was still in the car.
“America’s finest”. Destroyed a patrol car, nearly killed a woman, and severely damaged a cargo train. All while forgetting why they were even there.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide