Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Repost because page breaks f###ing suck.
Honestly, I think what bothers me the most about the Bridget shitshow isn’t even that people are against it. It’s that people are STILL misgendering her even after the creator HIMSELF confirmed that she is indeed trans.
Like, I don’t care how you feel about it, but have some f###ing respect at the very least.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
Those aren’t cops bruh, those are called criminals.
According to the Rolling Stones, there’s no difference, bro.
More seriously though, blaming police brutality on “a few bad apples” is overlooking the fact that it’s the entire law enforcement institution that has become an apple-bruising machine.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Penguin Dragneel
I will point out that it’s a game character, whose gender is obfuscated until the player discovers it.
Similar to Samus Aran, I think, where the game’s instructions and manual referred to them as “He” but then is revealed to be a woman. Or, at least, trans or crossdressing.
Given the sausage party that is the usual Red Versus Blue episode, I think Rooster Teeth did a pretty good job with the same dynamic with Allison’s character, Texas.
Beyond that, don’t forget that some people refer to Bridget as a She or a He because it is sexy for them.
I’m not saying everyone is misgendering this game character because they find it sexy to do so, or it’s some sort of fetish, although it absolutely is a trope.
But it is a game character. Who was intentionally misgendered by the game’s manufacturer first.
Personally, with game characters, I think it’s less like people who changed gender at some point and then every time they go home for Thanksgiving, Grandpa can’t call them by their new pronoun, and situations where game companies intentionally fuck with their fans to create drama that might, who knows?, result in a little free publicity for the game.
Background Pony #AB2C
Fictional characters don’t have rights. You can do whatever you want to them and call them whatever you want and do whatever you want with them, they’re not real. Like it or don’t like it, fictional characters are as much creative tools as a pretty face or a toy to play with.
Worry about real people above fictional characters, and don’t call bigotry just because of ‘canon’ or noncanon. Your life will be so much better as soon as you stop caring about fiction like that.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
And … just in case my weighing in here on respecting the gender choices of game and cartoon characters is mistaken as some sort of ‘evidence’ that all of staff forbid discussion of gender anywhere on the site, I should probably mention I’m on Boy George’s side.
@Thanotos Omega
If you’re coming to support, hurry up - my lunch break is almost over and I need to get back to work in a few minutes.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Ciaran
Personally, I feel like it’s better to be safe than sorry. Use character’s proper pronouns to make sure you are less likely to use the wrong ones in general.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Meanlucario
Or, just ‘they’ or ‘them’. Or whatever works best for the narrative. I mean, if I’m not going to have sex with someone I really don’t care what’s in their pants, much less for game characters.
Heck. You could reverse the genders of all the characters in Star Craft and the game still works fine.
lonewolf
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
@Zincy
How could the USA have even been near it for us to tamper it during an invasion like this?
This is how.
Because of something Biden said, and a military exercise in the area. Some EU parliament guy named Radek Sikorski made a tweet saying “Thanks USA” also.
Putler already cut gas to Europe via the pipelines. They think by the US damaging the pipeline it will prevent Russia from using it as a bargaining chip against Europe this winter to make them stop supporting Ukraine.
Surprise

The problem with “radical” solutions to that problem is how do you deal with that without creating a power vacuum that will make things even worse in the end.
I’ve known from experience that if the state is not present in some form in a given territory, that just opens the doors for outside groups, who are usually even less accountable and responsible, to muscle into the role that the police usually plays on said territory. Granted, those examples i’ve seen usually are born out of long-term neglect by the state, not conscious decisions, but the danger is still there.
Background Pony #5C08
Fictional characters don’t have rights. You can do whatever you want to them and call them whatever you want and do whatever you want with them, they’re not real. Like it or don’t like it, fictional characters are as much creative tools as a pretty face or a toy to play with.
Worry about real people above fictional characters, and don’t call bigotry just because of ‘canon’ or noncanon. Your life will be so much better as soon as you stop caring about fiction like that.
I agree.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Always interesting that there are hardly any differences between the conservatives and the neo-fascists in Italy. Well, government in Italy change virtually like others the underwear. But if you look at political forces in France, Poland, Hungary and so on, I’m very skeptical about the whole thing.
What I just notice is this weakness of conservatives to clearly distance themselves from brown (far right) influences. No matter how weak the left is sometimes. And yes. They are stupid. What I mean, I’m fully aware that we Europeans are a very selfish people. Whenever our prosperity is tampered with (prosperity we earn on the backs of others, of course), the people tend to radicalize.
So, if you look at it from a German bourgeois point of view: Hey, we have profited for decades from Russian gas imports. Nevertheless, we are a social alliance. An alliance from which the right-wing benefits. But a rebellion against Brussels is relatively difficult to implement. Thanks gods.
Too bad that we still do not bring more power to Brussels. Because nation states are (still) important. After all, remembering that this right-wing thing only advocate undermining everything. Without even providing clear answers to the challenges for the future. Climate change, what is that?
The typical right-wing topics are: The “natural” family. No to the LGBTQ community. Yes, to the culture of life. No to abortion. Yes to safe boundaries. No to immigration. Yes, to the sovereignty of the people. No to the bureaucracy.
Completely out of context that many peapole don’t think that way. But hey… As long as you can generate fear of the future, anything goes, right? Right! (cough)
Neo-right wing Christian Karens are for me the dumbest thing the internet has produced so far. And I’ve been on the internet for over 25 years. Pretty much the dumbest thing our humanity has produced so far. Next to religiously motivated suicide bombers. But hey… Who am I to judge that.
Whenever religious beliefs and politics go together, you pretty much go the pulter way. No matter how even you justify it. Simply nothing learned from history.
The center and conservatives do nothing but maintain their own status quo. No matter what the cost. And by that I mean more than exploiting other states whose names they probably couldn’t even pronounce even if their lives depended on it.
As long as you benefit from it yourself, what hell should you care. Yes, we are apparently not as stupid as the enemy. But we also live by taking advantage of others. And that is, like it or not: we are not better. We just go a different way. Humanity my ass.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Always interesting that there are hardly any differences between the conservatives and the neo-fascists
Given that everything is always evolving, I’m surprised that the ‘neo-’ is even necessary.
They’re still fascists.
That they aren’t the exact same as the old fascists seems hardly as relevant as debating whether the ‘conservatives’ are ‘neo-’ or are just the same as they were 50 years ago.
They’re fascists. That they put on a new coat of paint doesn’t make it any better.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide