Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
came this close to being a school shooter
What are you going on about? Not only do I not own a gun, nor have any desire to do so, I don’t even entertain such an awful and asinine thought.
Also I got banned from Twitter because transphobes mass-reported my account.
But enough of this bullshit. I’m losing brain cells arguing over this anyway.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@SleepySteve
Most school shooters don’t give a shit about gun rights, they’re just a convenient tool to exact “just punishment” on whatever people they hate. And boy oh boy are you full of hate.
As for your twitter ban, I’m very very sure you got banned from that particular cesspool for repeatedly breaking their rules by demanding the brutalizing and killing of various people. Whoever you blame for reporting your blatant rulebreaking is very much besides the point, though it does point a picture of how you believe your own toxicity and vileness is justified and that you’re the victim of your own transgressions.
You stink of someone that’d immediately go full violent incel after being rejected by some goth-punk girl you thought you’d impress by being so comically aggro. Maybe you’re not, but that’s absolutely the vibe you give, and perhaps you should work on that.
SleepySteve
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
@Ciaran
I wish, but Twitter refuses to hear my appeals because they really want to make it a safe haven for bigots. Consider that they might reinstate Trump’s Twitter account (even after threatening people multiple times on the site) while mine remains banned. I don’t even have a large following yet they see me as a greater threat than him.

Most school shooters don’t give a shit about gun rights, they’re just a convenient tool to exact “just punishment” on whatever people they hate. And boy oh boy are you full of hate.
You’d be pleased to know that violence isn’t really my thing.
Furthermore, when was it controversial to hate fascists and right-wingers all of a sudden? In fact they’re the only people I have a burning hatred towards, and for very good reasonm
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@SleepySteve
And this is not a safe haven for people who are outspokenly “not a fan of being civil to others”. Dial back the general and persistent belligerence and the genocidal rants - significantly.
You keep complaining about how everyone else is worse than you, or how you aren’t as bad as the worse - but believe me, that’s not the metric anyone else follows. If you keep starting fights, someone else being even more of a jerk than you won’t save you.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@Ciaran
I’m sorry. I’ve just suffered a lot of anxiety over the past six years. Never really got out of it. Very hard to have a positive view of life, consequently.

Marco Rubio famously said in 2018 that he wouldn’t support climate legislation because “I’m also not going to destroy our economy. There’s a reality here. There’s a balance on that end of it that we need to be focused on.”
Something for him to think about now that his state has suffered tens (if not hundreds) of billions in damages from a climate change-worsened hurricane.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Furthermore, when was it controversial to hate fascists and right-wingers all of a sudden? In fact they’re the only people I have a burning hatred towards, and for very good reasonm
What percentage of the world’s population do you think is fascist?

You hate half the world’s population. Hate so much you want them dead.
You’re either a psycho or a clown. In either case, please go be one elsewhere. Very far away. In a place without internet access.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@SleepySteve
If you know what’s wrong with you, if you know why you are acting out, then it is actually worse that you still act out.
Get professional help. All you are doing here is getting closer to a lifetime ban for nothing that has anything to do with the site and which is completely unlike your long history here as a user of the site.
It’s like getting banned from Twitter caused you to go from being a perfectly fine member of the community to someone who actually complains about the site expecting people to try to be civil toward each other.
Maybe just drop the political stuff here and use this site just for the ponies.
If not Twitter, then go act out your politically related anger and frustration somewhere else.
Hell, run for office. School board or something - it will give you lots of opportunities to be in “uncivil” discussions.
And just use his community for what it is - a MLP fansite.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
If you know what’s wrong with you, if you know why you are acting out, then it is actually worse that you still act out.
I mean, there isn’t really anything wrong with me. I’m just more passionate about the things I care about than probably most others on here. Which causes me to say things I…wouldn’t normally say.
All you are doing here is getting closer to a lifetime ban for nothing that has anything to do with the site and which is completely unlike your long history here as a user of the site.
I was never on the forums until recently. Because I didn’t even know it had forums.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@SleepySteve
Believe me, this isn’t about “passion”.
thumb
On this site, it’s about being civil - or, if you must - at the very least not being a jerk to others.
Twitter has people who were literally paid to put up with your shit and to try to get you to fit within their sites expectations. People who put up with Trump for almost half a decade before they banned his ass.
And even they NOPED out on you.
We are volunteers on a fan site and this is a containment thread whose entire purpose is antithetical to the core purpose of the site. You are smart enough that you should have seen by now that what you’ve been doing for the last 6 months is not survivable here.
I heartily encourage you to take the political stuff somewhere else, and let this site go back to being just an MLP fansite for you again.
Just like Twitter, this thread has been the ruin of many people. Don’t be another one.
Crush

@The Smiling Pony
Okay, I may hate Steve but I gotta be fair. I’ve technically known him for 6 years, and I never saw anything they would suggest he’d be willing to act on any violent opinions. Plus he’d have nothing to gain and everything to lose. He genuinely doesn’t seem like a danger to anyone expect his own reputation. At least currently
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Seeing Truss get utterly destroyed in the polls after only a few weeks gives me hope Meloni in Italy gets a similar treatment once her fascist agenda becomes more pronounced. Not very optimistic about that, though.
Speaking of Italy, any guesses on when the first post-WWII statue or memorial of Mussolini will be unveiled? Hopefully it’s vandalized or trashed just as quickly.
Background Pony #0847
You are being overdramatic, and more importantly unnecessarily so. Even if you believe that the current ruling party in Italy is fascist, they still are unlikely to do anything like that, there is no reason to do it except to “own the libs” and the political climate in Europe is very different.
I would be willing to bet real money on no new Mussolini statues in Italy in the reasonable timeframe (say two years).
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@Background Pony #0847
I wish I were as optimistic as you.

@Background Pony #C181
I’m sorry if I offended you or your country’s honor, because that was not what I intended at all. In fact India has arguably a more optimistic future ahead of them than any other country in North America and Europe (assuming that lunatic Modi doesn’t fuck it all up).
Thing is, no one should have a caste system in 2022. Because a society that strives on its people being free and equal never judges them based on their social or income status…something my joke of a developed country has utterly failed at doing.
Beth
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Ciaran
“If you know what’s wrong with you, if you know why you are acting out, then it is actually worse that you still act out.”
People should strive for the responsibility of this statement, but knowing better in a thought still needs to be applied to everything by practice. One has to be mindful of their own emotions, and how various situations can change them.
I get overly anxious thinking about things, so much that I’m walking around in autopilot mode, and not properly accessing the risk around me. It’s neurological too. Thoughts alone will send me in a state where I’m not fit to go outside, or ride a bike, or post in the politics thread.
At least here there is damage control. Your efforts are appreciated.
Anxiety can make people fail to read a room, or reflexively do something when they know better, because of emotions and context, that’s why it looks like Fluttershy learns the same thing over and over, she has to learn about many different situations triggering her lack of mindfulness.
All the other ponies are learning better character, fluttershy is learning to cope with a neurological issue, and also builds character as a result.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
In case anyone still wants to talk politics, let’s talk WWIII.
Because there seems to be a chance that the sabotage of the Nordstream may have damaged a Swedish/Polish power cable.
The risk with incidents like this, where (likely Russia) exploited attacking what is ostensibly their own infrastructure to avoid it being a direct assault on NATO or allied assets, is spillover effects.
Imagine if this attack had, instead, resulted in explosions in a Danish gas depo, or if it had sunk a NATO aligned ship? This could easily turn from a game of brinkmanship into an actual full on war.
I pondered last night about a propagated explosion down the gas line, leading to deaths on Danish and Norwegian soil. And how quickly that would escalate.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Putin says in his speech announcing the annexation of eastern Ukranian provinces that he doesn’t seek to bring back the USSR.
Well, no shit Sherlock. We know you love Bloody Nicholas and will join Ukraine in making communism illegal (the Russian “Communist” Party currently in the Duma has nothing in common with the original party).
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Very easy to look at this stuff and find it surreal and goofy (Ninjago? Really?), but a huge Right-wing culture war strat is to pop into every niche possible and start trying to turn the tide to their side. Go into the backalleys where no one cares to watch and plant the seeds.
It’s not always done purposefully, but it doesn’t have to be. It has the same effect: Feeding decentralized communities into a larger right-wing movement.
It’s also about normalising these viewpoints. If you come in and loudly object to this, you’re the one escalating a ‘discussion’ to ‘drama’ and are therefore the problem to be removed.
They want the standard tone of all discussion everywhere to start from ‘bigotry is fine’.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Putin claims the “western hegemony” is coming to an end.
Really, is that what that looks like? I didn’t expect the “end of the West” to be depicted as a pile of dead Russian soliders and burning vehicles.
Guess that’s it boys, pack it in, Putin said it therefore it’s true.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide