Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
[ … ] Might want to cut back on the Kool-Aid.
That comes across a little snarky, but that doesn’t seem to be your intent. Do you feel that was the best way to communicate what you were trying to say?
Maybe start by expanding on your thought:
Once it was England subversively taking over the world. Now it’s america. It was once the indians with the war tribes, now we’re the war tribe.
How do you see the US “subversively taking over the world”?
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Ciaran
I was getting snarky when they weren’t linking the source to their claims (like the US shooting up Indians, though I realize he might meant Native Americans and not people in India) and just replying about how powerful the USA is.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0847
For a Russian who likes to imagine that he knows a thing or two about American history that seems like a disjointed collection of things that happened in different times (“indians were skeptical about our medicine, infrastructure and plans” vs “we were up on the chopping block from another oppressive force”) plus a jumble of strangely irrelevant stuff (“With low powered duck hunting guns”).
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #0847
If he does mean Native Americans, than he clearly was never taught that the explorers were bastards to the natives for no good reason, and that those “low powered duck hunting guns” was what was considered advanced tech at the time.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0847
I got that, just “medicine, infrastructure, and plans” seems like it points to second part of the 19th century, while “oppressive power” to the Revolutionary era. For all the European - Indian conflicts in the 18thy century it is strange to frame them in terms of “medicine, infrastructure, and plans”.
Oh, and specialized duck hunting guns instead of all-purpose muskets also seem to make it about Wild West. USA was hardly on the “chopping block” by then.
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
I have things to think about, but i’ll shoot down obvious arguments.
@Meanlucario
I never said the explorers where not bastards. I litterally said they’re illiterate, antisocial criminals. I’m saying that if we listened to the natives we’re dead, the natives where a violent species to begin with, self describing themselves as war tribes.
Also about the guns, i think indians had better instinct in killing people in small scale war. the fact they fought with and didn’t know how to properly communicate with eachother is why they failed. Those guns often took 3 minutes to prime, it only takes one arrow to cause a life threatening bleed injury. They lost because they advertised strengths they didn’t have, and behavior they couldn’t survive in.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Beth
You say that like every tribe was the exact same and all violent. Some weren’t and were still screwed over (intentionally and unintentionally). And what does any of that have to do with modern USA? I’m not talking about the USA before electricity started being use when I ask about your claim of the USA ruling the world.
Posted Report
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
I’m saying that if we listened to the natives we’re dead, the natives where a violent species to begin with, self describing themselves as war tribes.
Unless your actual intention is to piss off and offend every possible person with your aberrant and abhorrent revisionist ramblings, figure out what your point is and make it.
‘Cause right now you are all over the road. America conquest and cartoon-grade stereotypes … you’re starting to sound like the drunk at the end of the bar who needs a cab called for them.
2LDR - Dude, are you ok?
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Ciaran
Americans where forced to inhabitate the Indian land, by threat of violence. It’s great britans sin. They shoved us off against a foriegn enemy, Isolated us, neglected us, and threatened to come kill us. We’ll kill them, and anyone unrelated that comes in our path is their fault for antagonizing us.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
Taxation without representation. England financiancially and morrally drained america without showing any support or consideration, and forced us against an unusual and aggressive party. England is responsible for the trail of tiers.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Beth
You might be drunk or just snapped. The problem with this rambling I care to reply to is that you are encouraging killing people over what people who are long dead did. That is something a psychopath encourages since you aren’t punishing people who wronged you (not even you, but your grandparents’ grandparents), but people who had no part in it.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I recall hearing not too long ago that Putin was drafting Farmers.
That’s not exactly what someone who’s on a winning streak in a war would do…
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ciaran
Americans where forced …
Granted. Except for those who were coming to America because of COMMERCE! or because they were such outrageous assholes in their own land that no one wanted them around.
They shoved us off against a foriegn enemy, Isolated us, neglected us, and threatened to come kill us.
Uhm …
We’ll kill them, and anyone unrelated that comes in our path is their fault for antagonizing us.
Ok. Wow. Uhm - no. No we won’t.
England is responsible for the trail of tiers
Assuming you mean the “Trail Of Tears”, no they were not.
That was entirely the fault of the United States of America. Whites in Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee - all of them Americans - stole land, stole livestock, burned and looted houses and towns, committed mass murder, and then squatted on land that did not belong to them. And the Federal government and State governments helped it happen.
You can not blame anyone else for that. That is a purely American-sourced horror.
Sure - it resulted in Worcester V Georgia (1832), but Andrew Jackson ignored that decision - going so far as to call the legal decision ‘still born’, and he continued what he called the practice of “Indian Removal”.
England is not to blame for that. Europeans who came to America certainly are, but those are the very Americans you are … let’s call it “defending”.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0847
If I encountered such ideas in some other context without knowing anything else I would chalk them to a troll using the same faulty logic that some nationalists from the former colonies use to make literally everything “the white man’s fault” including events decades after the former colonial overlords lost any direct control over those lands and applying that logic to the current world hegemon.
So if you are trolling you are not being subtle enough, and if you are not then your honest ideas do not look all that coherent. Please use something (sleep, therapy, going for a walk in the wilderness) to reassess your mental state.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Ciaran
Yes ‘trail of tears’ the voices in my head are vocal, not grammatical.
I get emotional and embarrass myself., Might seem cowardly, but calling it this way prevents the most damage, any other excuse is a lie.
I have a problem with guilt i don’t think i deserve. I’m most likely projecting. I’ll stop.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0847
Russia is sufficiently urbanized and industrialized that farmers on one hand will not make significant chunck of the drafted population, but on the other hand removing farmers will not result in a direct shortfall of the crops’ harvest. You can broadly compare it to America drafting farmers in the 20th century.
That war is an absolute clusterfuck, it should have never existed, it doesn’t serve interests of Russia, I doubt it even serves any rational interest of Putin (like power, wealth, security), and obviously it was not a winning proposition even before the draft. But drafting farmers is mostly irrelevant (the draft itself shows how bad things are going, but if draft exempted farmers it still would mean pretty much the same thing).
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Beth
I don’t think you’re being cowardly, but I am worried for you because you seem like you wanna fight, but aren’t sure who you’re mad at. Normal noise for me - I grew up in the slums too. But, either way, please get some rest.
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #0847
Yeah - with the Ukraine’s exports to Russia effectively cut off, and fishing fucked up from captains dodging battleships and metric tons of gas being pumped into the water, food and hunger are major concerns.
Pulling farmers off the field seems like the least smart thing, and that’s after months of really incredibly not smart things.
I was talking to a friend who’s been stuck in Kerch for more than a month now, and he says not even the fishing fleet is going out any more because everyone’s afraid of getting picked up by the Russian Federal Security Service.
He was looking for an insured cargo that he could use to get somewhere else, but everyone seems to be NOPED out of fishing or shipping on the Sea of Azov or the Black Sea until Russia backs off.
So, not even fishing is happening right now.
This winter might be a really bad one.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Ciaran
Kinda hard this is normal for you. Everyone condemns the internet, nobody praises the people who try to keep it in one piece.
Posted Report
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Yeah, if it’s safe to do so and weather permitting, go for a walk or something. Hell go to Dairy Queen and get a sundae or a milkshake. Treat yourself a little if your diet allows it.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0847
Interestingly from mu PoV it still makes little sense to hoard the necessities yet. In the 90s it’s not that there were literally not enough food, there was not enough healthy food and what was available did cost too much (again, not too much to survive by yourself, that still was easy if you had a job, but there was not enough jobs and often your family may had nobody else to turn to). Everybody was having some food, there was no wholesale starvation, and I do believe that no city dweller had an option to stockpile enough food before SHTF to make a serious dent in the nutritional profile over the years.
But maybe I’ll throw some money away and buy a score or two of kilograms of dry stuff that will not spoil anyway if prices stay the same.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide