Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #0847
A lot of countries do have relatively uncontroversial time limits in place. Unless I am mistaken most of the blue states did have one of the most permissive rules for elective abortions in the world.
It seems to be another thing that was amplified to a ridiculous degree by the American polarization, most countries without strong religious groups to demand the “absolute” right to life still recognize some degree of control over the pregnancies as broadly desirable. While it is a fringe position, “elective abortion a week before the due date” does seems to be much less fringe in USA than everywhere else - while there are also powerful groups advocating “no abortions, ever”.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Ah, that explains why Musk has been copeposting in regards to Ukraine (then doubling and tripling down after [Everyone Hated That]): he is going through with the Twitter buyout.
He got BTFO in court and and if I understand correctly has to buy Twitter at much higher than it’s current stock value. So he’s doing what he always does and trying to distract from his horrendous business decisions.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan
Because nothing screams “brilliance” than trying to hide your mistakes with siding with the offender in a war.
@Ciaran
In their defense, I did a shit job making it clear it was meant to be a joke.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Female high school athletes in Florida are apparently being asked to confirm their last periods before being allowed to play, in order to verify their gender.
The party of small government wants to know intimate details about the menstrual histories of underaged women.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
@Meanlucario
IDK about politicians, but at least some people might be genuinely concerned about the fairness of trans women competing with cis women in sports. So was I, at first. But then someone explained to me that the only thing that can be considered an advandage over cis women is when someone has high testosterone levels. Most trans women suppress testosterone though, so its resulting levels are only marginally higher than in cis women. Thus, it’s not an issue.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0847
There are some obvious residual differences from years of high(er) testosterone that remain even when testosterone is suppressed. Most obvious differences are not for teenagers but for established adult athletes - no cis woman would be able to inject testosterone for years, maintain high level of training and appear and events and then allowed to set records once her testosterone level goes down. Yet it is what trans female athletes hormonal history looks like.
Posted Report
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #0847
I don’t think current doping regulations really address such a situation. A cis woman could inject testosterone for years, keep up a training regimen under those conditions, and then compete once her hormones drop back to baseline. The only difference is that she wouldn’t be able to compete while taking the testosterone. That competition experience would be the trans athlete’s one possible advantage over your hypothetical (assuming they do compete, presumably as a “man”, prior to their transition).
@Meanlucario
It doesn’t sound like they’re doing it to be charitable. They’re looking for work, and there’s work to be done in Florida.
And I’m not saying that to judge. That’s the reason most people move from one part of the country to another. It’s why a lot of people move from one country to another.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
As BGH said, the reasons those same migrants cite is because of the very lucrative job offers being made to laborers to rebuild. More lucrative than some local jobs around here no less.
But that said, yeah. Statistics show that immigrants commit less crime and work harder per capita than native born citizens. Shoot, because of weird laws around citizenship they also put more wealth into our national coffers since they still have to pay taxes than they take out through welfare (should they even qualify to begin with since only citizens and special cases qualify). “Nation of immigrants” is not just a feel good moniker referencing the good ‘ol days, America’s backbone is our immigrant populous.
Also this story might be why Virgin DeSantis has been seen meekly meeting with Chad Dark Brandon over the last few days: DeSantis already spent all of Florida’s money so he needs daddy to give him more allowance to deport more Venezuelans to Martha’s Vineyard.
Background Pony #1D40
@lonewolf
Other photos of evidence from the same torture chamber show a dildo, so likely there’s rape on top of that.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@lonewolf
People do horrible things in war. That is not justifiable, however. People know that torture doesn’t work, so they are just doing that for sick kicks and greed.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1F81
@lonewolf
The photos show that Russian soldiers have been removing gold teeth from Ukraine people.
Where have i seen this before…
I want all the blind Putin supporters to take a good long and hard look at this and see if they can find out who the real Nazis are
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide