Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
A week or so ago the 11th Circuit Appellate Court overrode Judge Cannon’s ruling that the FBI couldn’t continue with their investigation until Trump’s special master (no not Putin, the other one) reviewed the stolen documents.
Then Cannon overrode the higher court’s overruling, which…I don’t think that’s how that works.
There doesn’t to be any update on Cannon’s verdict, but it might be a moot point as Trump has appealed the documents to the SCOTUS… specifically asking for Clarence Thomas, traitor, to be the one to rule on it.
I don’t know if this means Clarence Thomas, traitor, will get to be the sole judge ruling on a case that would also indirectly implicate his traitorous wife or if the entire court will have to rule on it.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Female high school athletes in Florida are apparently being asked to confirm their last periods before being allowed to play, in order to verify their gender.
How are male high school athletes being asked to verify their gender?
Posted Report
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ

Lmao.

@Dustcan
Has there ever been a time before in American history where a past president tried to claim they retained authority over a new executive branch?
From claiming he still has “executive privilege” to referring to Federal assets as his own property, it’s like the Tangerine Palpatine thinks he literally is the Executive Branch til death or something.
The concept of the executive branch being denied access to the executive branch’s property as Justice Conan has done is just gobsmackingly stupid.
Posted Report
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@Ciaran
Females are usually allowed to play on the male teams so it would be pointless. Female sports are more restrictive because they’re basically the lower weight class and no one cares if a female wants to make it harder on herself. Perhaps the solution should be to split up sports by three or so fitness levels rather than gender. Then everyone can be on as close as possible playing field without invasive checks.
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Natry
It’s stuff that always makes me feel like I was born on the wrong planet or something.
But, yeah, why they don’t just split everything by weight class or something is so confusing.
It’s like we keep doing stupid stuff because it’s what boomers did.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Violet Rose in The Rain
They only show up when there’s good news for Russian nationalists. See how they came by when Putin pulled a sudetenland on Friday night, and immediate vanished after Russian forces were slaughtered and routed the very next day in Liman.
He’s probably furiously scrolling through telegram channels or VK for news that contradicts the utter humiliation RU forces are facing in Jerson now, and collecting the talking points about “tactical retreat to more defensible positions” or “allowing the enemy to enter a killbox of our choosing” to spout out. That or using a VPN to research the best ways to get out of Russia before the “partial mobilization” includes him, as well.
Posted Report
Background Pony #10F6
@The Smiling Pony
I’ve argued with him before I can confirm that’s EXACTLY what he’s doing. Guy thinks the defeat at the north was a “goodwill gesture” and capturing the capital was “unnecessary” in a war to make the opponent bend to your political whims.
He can’t be helped.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0847
Ignoring logistical trouble with narrow enough weight classes in many contexts (e.g. amateur sports teams in school context) men are still likely to have an advantage in the vast majority (not all) of sports at the exact same weight (due to be slightly taller at the same weight on average, having a bit more muscle at the same weight on average, etc.), it wouldn’t be overwhelming but you definitely would see significantly less women at the top places than among the contenders in general.
Plus women’s sports is A Thing, it was one of those “their own spaces” ideologically. Asking to abolish them is not going to be seen as well-intentioned, no matter how you slice it.
Sadly torture was endemic to the power structures of the “people’s republics” all eight years. It (or threat of it) was just part of the business there. No reason for things to change with Russia formally assuming control it had anyway in reality.
As far as Russian “patriots” - some people cannot be changed. There was infamous example where safely middle-class nationalist went to Donbass in 2014 with an aim of helping (financially even), was arrested, accused of being Ukrainian spy, tortured, ransomed back to Russia, and have seen no problem with how things transpired. People were joking about his masochistic tendencies but realistically speaking he just convinced himself that he is a part of something so much bigger that he is ok with being a “statistical mistake”.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
I’ve decided I’m going to stay out of this forum for a while. I’ve caused way too much heartache and broken discourse on here and I don’t want to make it worse.
It’s not because I’m “insane” or “unwell”. I have such an unescapably bleak view on humanity that I felt anyone living in a current or former imperial power (especially those with a record of some of the worst crimes against humanity) who’s proud of their nationality in any way (Russia and America included) as less than a person, incapable of thinking for themselves. Looking back, I was wrong. It makes me want to vomit looking at the tweet. I should never have tweeted that out, and I wish I could take it back.
I’m sorry if I caused pain to you or anyone else on here.
I’m out.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Remember: Never give cruelty and hatred an inch, because they will take make it the norm. Call them out whenever they arise.
@SleepySteve
That is what being unwell means. You need to seek a good psychologist to sort this stuff out. Letting it fester won’t help you.
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
I’ve decided I’m going to stay out of this forum for a while.
Thank you.
It’s not because I’m “insane” or “unwell”.
Please consult a professional. Unresolved, such feelings can become chronic.
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
men are still likely to have an advantage
Except for tennis, wrestling, bowling, racecar driving, gymnastics, rock-climbing, ultramarathon, etc, etc, etc.
We’re talking high school athletics. This isn’t professional sport.
Posted Report
Beth
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
I’ve been avoiding this place, because if i have to admit i’m wrong it better be worth it.
>I use vague and emotional language to cause other people distress because I’m angry.
>Using partial knowledge of dark psychology to project and anthropomorphize countries and power structures, that are physically incapable of acting like an individual human.
>Using anti-human rhetoric that can be used to justify racism and further propagate evil that I think i’m warning people about.
I’m a stupid internet troll nobody should take seriously. I have to remember even someone as small as an ant has responsibility. Politics is a huge social responsibility. The fact that another country will put my head on a block is not a bragging point.
I’m going to avoid a little more. Avoiding damage, not avoiding apologies. Even if a criticism about me is only partially true, now is a good time to just take it. I cannot desecrate nations and tribes, without acknowledging they’re where my blood and fervor come from.
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Maybe we should all just unsubscribe. Then we can go do other stuff for the rest of our lives.
And, better yet - when the really rabid bad actors come back they’ll find nothing here.

No one.

Just a vast wasteland of “No One Cares”, with a TV showing a blank screen.
Maybe they’ll think the apocalypse happened and they’ll lock the doors on their fallout shelter and never show their faces again.
Maybe they’ll go out and pick up a hammer and build habitats for humanity.
Let’s do it as an early April Fool’s joke against those whose lives are so dependent on this thread existing. Or do it for ourselves as an early ‘Giving up shit in my life’ for Lent.

I’ll start.

urge to lock thread and walk away rising …
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
This thread is my main source for updates on politics and the invasion on Ukraine, so I would enjoy it if it wasn’t locked yet.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide