Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The downturn today is good for me at least.
Three of my core stocks are paying out dividends today, and because I have them in a DRIP the cash goes back in to buy more of the stock at market. So lower the market value that day, bigger the bang for my buck.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The ISW has reported that Russias use of Iranian made kamikaze drones has had little impact on the battlefield.
Unsurprisingly, small explody drones made by Iran of all places are not creating the same asymmetrical edge as the US supplied HIMARS, mobile long range arty that can destroy entire buildings.
Ukraine has become a major West/East proxy. But one side is being proxied by Iran and North Korea, and the other is being proxied by The US. And if there is one thing we are fucking great at here it’s making weapons.
What companies have not seemed to figure out is that there are totally ways to make the workers, consumers, and shareholders happy.
Posted Report
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Zincy
The same people who see the increase in jobs is bad for inflation and call for unemployment to rise to see prices drop should be asked to sing the same tune if they’re the ones who get put out of work.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
[@Meanlucario]
@Dustcan
I pray that most of the people who voted for Trump are realizing how big of a mistake they made, and are realizing that the republican party isn’t a good party.
That’s how it worked for me.
Posted Report
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

Friendly reminder that Biden could be doing a great job as President and the Republicans will still say he’s the worst President of all time. Republicans don’t care about improving the lives of Americans, all they care about is power.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
How Republican of them.
In other news, Uvalde has suspended it’s entire police force after continued scandals I’m the wake of the school shooting.
Well it’s not like having a police force was making anything better. They have a lot of budget to find something that will now though.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
@DarkBrawlerCF1994
Another ridiculous proposal from tech illiterates, justified by “think of the kids”. I’m already imagining some of the many problems this will create.
  • People who send nudes online will have their nudes sent to various organizations (including private ones, as Breyer mentions) and possibly saved in various databases or backups. And of course hacks and data leaks are a thing. This also applies to actual minors, whose pictures would now have to be sent between various entities and possibly leaked.
  • Who are “messaging providers”? If I set up an IRC or Matrix server for my family or friends, am I a provider? Will I have to look at other people’s private messages? What if the chats are E2E encrypted? Will I have to scan media client-side using some opaque AI tool? But I have no control over the clients, they are their own separate apps. And I’d need access to the scanning tool.
  • I wonder if the ML part of the scanning tool will get hacked by someone to generate the very thing it’s supposed to detect.
  • So far, convolutional neural networks have proven to be easy to fool with adversarial inputs.
  • What happens to people using apps that don’t do any scanning? E.g. the provider is outside EU, the provider does not control the clients, or there is no provider (P2P apps).
  • Police and other organizations receiving the reports are going to get absolutely flooded with automatically generated false positives. This could bury legitimate reports. Manually verifying insane amounts of reports takes money and it could drain money from other efforts.
  • Patrick Breyer’s article mentions even more problems.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Dmitry Glukhovsky, writer of the Metro series that started with Metro 2033, which spawned a popular video game adaptation, has been put on Russia’s most wanted list for being a “foreign agent” and for spreading “anti-military propaganda”.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
@Zincy
Is that because Metro reveals the equipment Russia is going to issue to the conscripts?
Actually no, because Metro games have medkits, unlike Russian soldiers.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Well Dark Brandon wasn’t able to pass his Green New Deal, but Dank Brandon did get to pass his green new deal.
I will now proceed to chuckle at that hi-larious word play for the next few minutes. While I show myself out.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0847
“Foreign agent” classification is supposed to apply to anyone who is a) “engaged in a political process” (yes, it is purposefully vague, pravtically anybody can be declared to be engaged in politics) while b) receiving donations/targeted funding from abroad (Patreon/Ko-Fi qualifies). That’s it. It is technically not supposed to be a list of “enemies of the state” but you can declare a ridiculous amount of people “foreign agents” so in practice it is specifically people who attracted negative attention of the classifiers.
Legal consequences of being declared “foreign agent” are also minuscule, but there are obviously extralegal ones.
Lots of people who never breathed a word of support for Putin’s actions are still do not say anything against the war in the public spaces. People know that while they would survive their quality of life would take a significant hit and so don’t want to lose their livelihood for what at the moment seems to be nothing, since the state will be able to maintain control for now. Or people are just afraid/paranoid like me who is 90% sure that almost nothing will change in my life if I were to write scathing texts on the internet, but I do not use social media normally and have no people who would really listen to me.
I am switching back and forth between hope and despair. Hope is that it is still not to late to take the losses and bow out and that will count for something on the international arena. Despair is that it seems that Putin seems to be dead set on grinding down Russian population, wealth and society for the sake of his own deluded goals, so the only way anything changes if he loses power (with or without his life) and the people in power afterwards can use him as a scapegoat.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Putin has fired the second general in less than a week over the losses in the Kerson region. Russia doesn’t have many generals left so wow the Shirtless One must be roid-raging hard right now.
Relatedly, happy 70th birthday Vladimir Putin! I know you couldn’t get that glory of ruling over a restored Russian empire you wanted, but being in charge of Russia’s biggest fall from grace since the collapse of the Soviet Union, seeing your enemies more united than ever against you, NATO at its strongest even after 4 years of sabotage from your personal White House puppet, leading the second collapse of the Russian economy in the last 30 years, and getting your butt kicked by nation that gained independence under your watch in the KGB is surely just as good a gift right?
Oh and he’s also dying from cancer and the steroids he’s taking to treat it is giving him a tiny dick. Happy Birthday!
Posted Report
Background Pony #0E14
I’m actually surprised how no one in here is talking about that AP Report article from just yesterday about how Russia has apparently announced that it will use tactical nukes on Ukraine (according to said article, at least—the same one that has Biden warning of “nuclear armageddon”, and that we’re now at “the greatest crisis point of such in 60 entire years”, since the Cuban Missile Crisis, of which has its 60th anniversary occurring literally right now, this month)
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide