Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@lonewolf
To be fair, the majority of Shotgun Owners tend to go with Pumps or sometimes old fashioned Double Barrels.
Even tactical shotguns are often Pump instead of Semi.
(Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on this.)
Of course, newer owners will likely purchase Semi over Pump so this reality will probably change soon…
Background Pony #0430
@BlitztheDragon
Like you all said when they banned that human circus act known as Trump, it’s a private company, and they can do what they please with it in regards to how it regulates user speech and conduct.
If that was what you lot were unironically preaching before, then you have absolutely zero right to be going back on it, now. Damn right, that is not up for debate.
Practice what you preach.
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

If that was what you lot were unironically preaching before
I’d make a long and detailed essay about how those like Blitz and I were mocking the “free marketplace of ideas” rhetoric used by conservatives and right-libertarians who’d scream for censorship the moment their ideas get challenged, but my experience tells me you’re not looking for a discussion in good faith.
I’ll practice what I preach; banning those who target vulnerable minorities like transgender people and POC.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

We say all that to remind people, mostly right-wingers, that companies aren’t bound by the 1st amendment and therefore can do whatever they feel is necessary to keep their business afloat, such as regulating what can be said on their platforms lest people begin to look disfavorably at them and turn to other platforms.
Since Twitter-Me-Elmo is too fuckin’ stupid to know about how to maintain a business’s appearance, people, including myself, are leaving Twitter. Regardless of what anyone preaches, it’s market forces that ultimately determine whether a company succeeds or not. An increasing amount of people do not like Elmo so the fact he’s running it now is tainting the Twitter brand. Again, just market forces at work.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #0430
Being privately own doesn’t mean it’s free from consequence.
@MethidMan
I think the 1st amendment is for criticizing the goverment, not hate speech. Hate speech shouldn’t have any protection.
@Background Pony #0430
And you are upset that people don’t like Trump being on Twitter. People were for Twitter doing the minimum and trying to keep the hate speech and bigotry to a minimum, only for Musk to buy it and show that he can’t even do that. We aren’t going “muh free peach,” we are criticizing that assholes and abusers are being given the voice they lost the right to for abusing it.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0430
@Background Pony #0430
Being privately own doesn’t mean it’s free from consequence.
Doesn’t change the fact that none of the mfer’s who were wiping their asses with the lazy “private property can do whatever” argument, first, ever were keen enough to recognize that this logic can equally apply to what their saying, and that it works both ways.
Also, your assessment of the first amendment is absolutely blatantly false, in every respect. Hate speech, on its own, is protected speech, just not under private organizational guidelines.
And as for the last one, you clearly never bothered to read my first post on this page, fully. Read before you make judgements, my guy.
Posted Report
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #0430
The advertisers (90% of Twitter’s revenue before the Muskening) have already told him in no uncertain terms to fuck off with his bullshit. Fortune 500 companies are dead serious about “brand safety”, which is a fancy way of saying no reputable business wants to see the sequence of words, “GAS THE K***S RACE WAR NOW, eat Arby’s”.
And he needs those ad dollars. Twitter’s on the hook for an additional $1B in interest payments a year, thanks to the magic of LBOs. And after the disaster that was this year’s NewFronts, it’s unlikely he’s locked in any major contracts for 2023. They held off because of the uncertainty surrounding the sale. They were afraid he was going to do exactly what he’s done, and now that he’s done it it’s going to be even harder to sell ad space on $8chan.
Elron has every right to turn Twitter into Gab. And he has zero right to complain when it’s as successful as Gab.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #0430
Think you can quote when they said that, link to it included?
A quick Google search gave me this on the amendment:
The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices.
Seems like the founding fathers weren’t told that hate speech was suppose to be added among them.
I read enough to know that you are being aggressive and a bit of an ass. What you are doing matters more than what you claimed your point was.
Posted Report
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #0430
@Background Human
(There’s an intervening post, so it’s not double-posting.)
And by the by, Twitter would have been in trouble even if Musk didn’t exist. The current economic environment has companies tightening their belts, and Twitter ads have historically had a pretty crappy ROI compared to the big boys (Facebook and Google), which makes them an easy expense to cut. How much of the drop in ad revenue is attributable to Musk’s commitment to frozen peaches and how much is simply cold economic logic is unclear, but either way it presents a threat to Twitter’s viability as a going concern.
At a time like this, you cannot afford to make mistakes with your revenue stream, whether by obliterating the terms of service, breaking the online interface for advertisers, or cutting your sales team down to “Peggy” in Siberia.

FIG. 1. “Peggy.”
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
Phillips Academy (aka the bullshit high school student-run pollster) is out with another bullshit poll for the GA Senate runoff showing Walker leading Warnock by a point, 48%-47% (once again implying an unrealistic drop-off of black Warnock voters and a huge overperformance of white Walker voters, neither of which we saw in the general).
Interesting note: these freaks also suggested Kari Lake would win the Arizona gubernatorial race by 11 points. Whoops.
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain

I am not phased by your hardcore lib-left propaganda barrages, and I never will be.
Good to know you’ll never be phased by my barrage of rhetoric for -
checks notes
affordable healthcare, stopping Global Warming and awareness of the widening gap between the ultra rich and the rest of the human population who are struggling to merely get by.
Wowee, well done. Really showing your enthusiasm to making positive change in the world by showing up out of nowhere and insulting us.
Violet Rose in The Rain

I gotta be honest, ever since the
arguments over Florida’s Don’t Say Gay law, it seems like the trolls who come in here have really gotten - incompetent. That’s the kindest word I can spare for them. Like they just make a few comments before disappearing like the proverbial dad popping out for cigarettes and milk.
Hey, the trolls who’re watching this thread. I know you can see this. Probably. Tell whoever’s coming in here next to at least try a little harder.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@SleepySteve
Were someone else reporting on Philips Ac, that they tout a 100% record in the face of reality would make me think it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at them.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Russia is having another smooth brain moment.
They’ve set up defenses east on the river past Kherson, hardening front lines at critical communication and supply junctions. They’ve specifically fortified to make it harder for Ukrainian forces to advance down the main roads in the area.
Expect Ukrainian forces have, repeatedly, shown a penchant for long, cross country treks around Russian fortifications. Preferring to encircle the flanks even if it takes more time.
Russian military commanders seem utterly incapable of adapting to changing battlefield strategies…even when their enemy repeatedly uses it.
It’s actually impressive how doggedly they’re sticking to a failed strat.
Other reports indicate that they’ve shifted their lines so that mobilized infantry and conscripts are on the main line, with more experienced troops being drawn back to secondary and tertiary lines.
Which is a rookie mistake when you’re dealing with a foe that has shown they are capable of making repeated lighting attacks into your territory. This will prompt Russian lines to buckle faster, and expose those secondary lines to fire sooner.
Posted Report
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Just got out of early voting in the GA Senate runoff in order to keep Black Chris Beno…sorry, Herschel Walker out of political office.
Posted Report
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy
One odd note from the ISW assessment: the placement of their defenses suggests that they’re not focused on preventing Ukraine from crossing the Dnipro. Which, okay, sure, you need a backup plan if they get across so the whole oblast doesn’t turn blue overnight. But if they do get across the river, Nova Kakhovka is right there, and Nova Kakhovka controls the canal to Crimea, which, again, is half the reason they’re doing all this.
It’s like the operational and strategic levels are talking past each other.
Posted Report
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Mike Lindell, CEO of MyPillow and one of the most prominent 2020 election deniers, will challenge Ronna McDaniel for position on Republican National Committee chair.
I’d give him a 50-50 chance, knowing GOP primary voters and all.
DarkBrawlerCF1994

MEP Patrick Breyer (Pirate Party) comments on the text:
“The declaration promises ‘effective protection of communications against access by unauthorised third parties’ and protection against illegal surveillance. The promise to promote interoperability, transparency, open technologies and standards is also a positive achievement. However, the plans for indiscriminate scanning of private communications („chat control“) and the blanket data retention laws in force in many European countries call into question the credibility of the agreed commitments.
Our attempt to enshrine a right to encryption and anonymity as well as a rejection of indiscriminate data retention failed due to resistance of governments and the EU Commission. Instead, strange compromises such as the promise to ban (already) unlawful surveillance were agreed.
To justify its plans to attack net neutrality by introducing internet access fees, the EU Commission wrongly refers to the new declaration. According to it, appropriate framework conditions are to be developed so all market players who benefit from the digital transformation make a fair and appropriate contribution to the costs of public goods, services and infrastructures. However, this call for a fair contribution is to be understood in terms of effective taxation of internet corporations, because only through taxation can all market actors really be made to contribute financially to the common good.
The declaration also professes, with problematic radicalism, to protect all children and young people from “harmful and illegal content”, exploitation, manipulation and abuse on the internet and to “prevent” the digital space from being used to commit or facilitate crimes. This objective should not be taken as an illusion that all criminal offences could be prevented, nor as a legitimisation for general surveillance or control of young people’s use of the Internet.”
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Two Q-Anon loons in Arizona have a chance to hand dems a surprise House seat victory, and a victory on the AZ board of supervisors.
Two of the three election board members in Cochise County, AZ have once again refused to certify the election results.
This heavily republican county sits in the AZ6 district, where a republican incumbent narrowly won reelection. While the courts are likely to intervene and force certification, if that somehow does not happen in the next few days, state law will require the Sec of State to certify the available votes amd exclude the votes for Cochise County. Doing so would almost certainly hurt Republicans, and would have the potentially to flip the AZ 6 house race, and several close statewide races.
This outcome is unlikely, as the courts will almost certainly intervene. But it just goes to show how stupid these people are.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Penguin Dragneel
Considering Funi has kept in their employ actual sex offenders and seem to want to get rid of him, Probably NOT because he was in position to be their boss.
I dunno. The situation was all pretty sus that false stories from a decade ago were brought about by a nobody to start a witch hunt Totally legit campaign against him. Doesn’t help he’s far more popular then any of them since he brings in a miles. Getting rid someone over Jealousy? Nah! Not from Funimation. Whose VAs have been shown to have monumental egos and have used very strong language they said Vic did with zero evidence to the contrary.
Neh. It’s that guy whose bad, and should feel bad. We root for the Real heroes here.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide