Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Yeah, and you can bet our “liberal” media will spin it as the fault of the striking rail workers. “Look how badly they are inconveniencing you with their selfishness! Wouldn’t it be nice if we abolished unions altogether?”
Posted Report
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #1F81
It was also a bridge too far for Jim Jordan. The House Judiciary Committe Republicans deleted their “Kanye. Elon. Trump.” tweet shortly after this came out.
@BlitztheDragon
They can outlaw striking. They can’t outlaw quitting. Don’t be surprised if the railways have a sudden Great Resignation to deal with.
Posted Report
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
@Background Pony #1D40
from my understanding, it’s partly due to precision-scheduled railroading and bleeding out employees (in fact i won’t be surprised if this whole rail strike fiasco as of recent would end up worsening it long term).
Yeah PSR was the brain shit of Hunter Harrison that has infected every class 1 railroad to some extent (even railroads that didn’t adopt it like BNSF adopted parts like combining 2 trains into one giant one up to 15,000 feet long). It benefits no one but the stockholders.
Posted Report
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@lonewolf
I stumbled on this article that goes into more detail about PSR and the carriers’ stubborn opposition to paid leave.
It sounds like the transportation version of just-in-time manufacturing, where they’ve optimized everything to the point that the least amount of disruption (like, say, a global pandemic) can wreak utter havoc.
Posted Report
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
The only time they ever actually LEARN from their mistakes is when they f##k up so badly that they’re on the verge of bankruptcy.
And then they get government bailouts because they’re “too big to fail”.
Posted Report
Vortaxonus

@Background Human
in fact I vaguely recall some places having to up their pay to $15 due to a bad case of labor shortage, in fact I think somewhere it said that the railway is already having staffing issues as is. I halfway wonder of mass quitting will replace strikes. Has all the benefits of screwing your former palce of buisness up without any of the legal hassle.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Human
in fact I think somewhere it said that the railway is already having staffing issues as is.
That’s the railway companies’ stated reason why they can’t do sickdays. But then again they laid off some hundreds of workers already, so it’s a “problem” of their own creation.
Posted Report
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Goku Black
They’ve been going on for more than a week already, and it seems like the autorities have finally decided to loosen the containment measures in reaction.
Of course, once the mob is placated, it’s gonna leave them free reign to tighten their censorship of the topic and quietly identify and arrest the most vocal opponents.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Republicans in Pennsylvania came to the “sobering” realization that their push to vilify mail-in and early voting cost them, and likely most other Republicans around the nation, the election.
They’re now pushing to “win the battle” from within, effectively saying that to end early voting they need to get good at getting their voters to use it.
Problem is, they have primed their base to be distrustful of early voting. And that is unlikely to change in the near future. They also admit that they utterly lack the infrastructure to do so.
China’s per-capita death rate remains one of the highest in the world despite their supposed seriousness, and it was their initial inaction and deception that allowed the virus to spread in the first place. Plus, if they did not have disgusting, inhumane wet markets filled with diseased animals, we wouldn’t be in this mess.
You don’t get brownie points for cleaning up a mess you yourself caused. Especially if you utterly failed to do it properly.
Background Pony #AAC5
@IWTCIEM
i feel like there’s a certain degree of seriousness (say welding people into their homes) that’s kinda goes too far in the opposite direction.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The November jobs report came in. 263k were added, nearly 70k above the expected 190-200k jobs that economists were predicting. Wage growth also ticked up .6%, coming to an overall increase of 5.1% year over year.
The stock market reacted, poorly, which is unsurprising. As this means the fed might continue their aggressive rate hikes.
Feel free to ponder for a moment how fucked up capitalism can be when job and wage growth equate to a bad thing.
Either way, I am firmly against any further rate hikes. The last two should have been no more than .25% hikes, if they even needed to happen at all. Eventually, rate hikes just get gratuitous and only punish the lower and middle income Americans.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
A vast majority of conservatives are so far from Jesus’s “ideal” that I’m pretty sure my Pagan ass would have a seat in heaven before a good 99% of them.
Speaking of lunatics. A fossil fuel dark money group plans to eject 1.1million dollars into get-out-the-vote efforts for Walker.
On what is effectively the last day of early voting, and 4 days before election day. There are two potential reasons.
  1. They’re fucking stupid. The plan is an attempt to build a ground-game to drive up turnout. Republicans had a pretty poor ground game in Georgia this year, and an 11th hour cash infusion is not going to save them. Plus Walker has been largely absent from in person vote-get events while Warnock has been on nonstop gatherings. And Warnock has almost 4 times the cash on hand that Walker does.
  2. This is just a grift. I am not 100% sure what they would actually gain from it, but it is possible that this is some sort of money scheme.
Or both, could be both.
Posted Report
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

Look, all I’m saying is that if George Bush gets on National TV with Mike Myers and says “Kanye West doesn’t care about Black People” I can die a happy man
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Alex Jones has filed for bankruptcy.
Which confuses me. The last few times ( he’s been trying more or less since his first trial) his claim was rejected on the grounds that it was a blatantly obvious stunt to hide his money.
I really don’t know what happens now. If he keeps Infowars and/or still gets speaking roles at conservative rallies then he’s still coming out on top.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide