Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Early voting for the Georgia runoffs is ongoing. Already its record for early turnout has been broken with over 300,000 votes cast.
Currently Warnock is leading by 4 points.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
@Background Pony #5A6B
On one hand, why shouldn’t I buy chewing gum? Obviously I’m going to put it in the trash when it’s spent.
On the other hand, some people will spit it on the sidewalk, unless they have a nanny following them everywhere. These are mostly the same people who create a multitude of other problems for society.
I don’t envy the lawmakers who either have to take freedom away from people or watch people abuse their freedom.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #5A6B
Whoever pushed that law probably had a bad experience in a city with lots of chewed gum on the streets and stepping on some of the fresher stuff, and/or with “rebellious youngsters” chewing gum loudly (and maybe even lasciviously!) while being talked to by an adult.
They could have approached the issue with littering fines or rules in schools or whatever, but they went ham-fisted. To be fair, it’s a city state in a precarious position, geopolitically; perhaps they feel they need to be extreme in all things just to survive.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@The Smiling Pony
You should see how they enforce their telecommunications laws. We fucked up some of the paperwork, and basically had to NOPE everyone out of the country. Left all the equipment, personal items, clothes - everyone just went straight to the airport and took the first flight to anywhere.
People talk about the gum laws, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
I’m not saying they shouldn’t be like that - like you said, they’re living on a knives’ edge in a lot of ways.
But stuff that normally would just net the company a fine and a sternly worded letter results in corporal punishment there.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #5A6B
On the other hand, some people will spit it on the sidewalk, unless they have a nanny following them everywhere. These are mostly the same people who create a multitude of other problems for society.
So most people?
The ones who put their gum under tables are jagoffs, but spitting on sidewalks et al, while rude, is something that everybody does?
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
@Dustcan
I think it’s a cultural difference, because I wouldn’t say that it’s the case here. Some people still do spit out gum on the sidewalk, but they aren’t a majority.
If I was to compare it to a well known place… in London, sidewalks were gummed up about one or two orders of magnitude more than here.
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

A new bill, HB1011, out of Oklahoma would forcibly medically detransition anyone under 21, including Transgender ADULTS.
It bans things like “aesthetic procedures” and likely even hair removal. It must be stopped.
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

One of the objectives of the ban was to prevent vandals from using spent chewing gums to disrupt Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) services. Before the ban was enforced, there had been many instances in which vandals stuck chewing gum on door sensors of MRT trains, which prevented the doors from functioning properly and causing disruptions in train services.[3] The chewing gum ban was implemented to eradicate problems created by chewing-gum litter in public places like cinemas, parks and common areas of housing estates such as lifts, staircases and corridors, as well as the high costs involved to clean up the litter.[4] The Housing and Development Board (HDB) reportedly spent S$150,000 annually to clean up chewing gum litter.
Background Pony #1D40
@Violet Rose in The Rain
Wow, sounds like they had a serious problem there. Now their law sounds more reasonable.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen chewing gum on elevator floor. I saw graffiti in an elevator. I saw plastic elevator buttons burnt with a lighter. But not chewing gum.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
He randomly punctuates and capitalizes everything all the time. His tenuous grasp on how English works isn’t limited to his speech.
Yeah. It’s a Twitter post that’s providing an image of a Truth Social post, which itself is just bootleg Twitter.
If Truth Social isn’t one of the top hits then my best guess is people are Googling the reposts more than they are the source so Truth Social is suppressed in the search algorithm.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A massive power outage in North Carolina is being attributed to an intentional attack on several power substations. This part is confirmed by various news sources.
Speculation as to the perp is centering around a local ex-army vet who resigned from her position after the Army lunched an investigation as to her potential ties to the Jan 6th incident.
She apparently posted an ominous message on social media shortly after the attacks claiming to know why it had happened and that it was “gods work”.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide